Amenities

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
MEAT

Amenities

Post by MEAT » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:08 am

Shield Belt, Body Armor, Thigh Pads, Damage Amplifier....etc
I have a tendency to pick them up but do they actually serve a purpose?

DARKMATTER
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by DARKMATTER » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:55 am

I would say yes but only if you are on the edge of an explosion having extra sheilds can save you from death equally having the the relic of strength can kill a player just on the edge were they might normally survive.

D.M.

Scify

Post by Scify » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:43 pm

Ut play Reg Ut those can help you but U get nuke not unless u are far away from blast.It also gave you way where you are too. Unless you are clem how doen't have sound card.
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:54 pm

I've worn the shield belt in redeemer arena and taken damage at the edge of the blast radius that wiped out the whole shield. Since it has 150 points that means that I would have been killed without it. :o

As for whether or not the damage amp or the relic of strength increase the redeemer blast radius; I couldn't say. I can't think of any single time that it obviously helped me get a frag with the redeemer.
:?
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

K

Post by K » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:55 pm

Its just there so people can hear you pick it up and BOOM!!!! :lol:

DARKMATTER

Post by DARKMATTER » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:57 am

a nameless entity wrote:I've worn the shield belt in redeemer arena and taken damage at the edge of the blast radius that wiped out the whole shield. Since it has 150 points that means that I would have been killed without it. :o

As for whether or not the damage amp or the relic of strength increase the redeemer blast radius; I couldn't say. I can't think of any single time that it obviously helped me get a frag with the redeemer.
:?
Not sure it does increase the radius but i have exploded further away then normal when using the relic of strength and killed peeps it might just increase damage within the area or maybe its just psychological and doesnt make a difference with deemer but seeing it increases damage with other guns i think it would with the deemer too.

D.M.

Mons*Calpe

Blast Radius

Post by Mons*Calpe » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:11 am

Blast radius is often refered to as 'splash' and Herm would prob be better at anwsering that....but.... not possible to increase the dammage of the deemer with the amp or relics as dammage is maxed with-in the splash perimeter...however you can increase your chances of survival greatly on the outside of the splash perimeter by snatching the belt and keg or vials...oops did I type that 'outloud'? I have to remind myself there are outside words and inside words! O well a secret revealed....
Science has proved that we are only 2% genetically different then chimpanzees, goes to show you 2% is a S**T load

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:29 am

After years of playing Redeemer and actually not really knowing. It only took me about 20 minutes to test
all the "Amenities". And I now can say for a fact that they all work and do serve a purpose.
So look out for the golden telefragger.....lol

Scify

Post by Scify » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:10 pm

MEAT wrote:After years of playing Redeemer and actually not really knowing. It only took me about 20 minutes to test
all the "Amenities". And I now can say for a fact that they all work and do serve a purpose.
So look out for the golden telefragger.....lol
If I play with u I know where belt is .I hear belt is pick I know where u are :D :D
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:41 am

Yeah that's the only drawback of picking up the Shield Belt or Damage Amplifier....you stick out like a sore thumb.
But on the smaller maps where secrecy or stealth is not an issue I'll pick it up everytime for the added advantage.