Redeemer Use?

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
MEAT
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue

Redeemer Use?

Post by MEAT » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:33 pm

Does anyone have any idea how to use the redeemer? The redeemer, as a "weapon", is a guided missile for the most part. Used to hunt people down....(if used correctly). The incorrect way is to Run and Gun...hoping to hit whatever gets in its way.....(In other words...get lucky and hit something/someone...) However....in short games/maps "Run and Gun" seems to be the norm for those that that have no clue/idea and for those that are trying to get lucky and hit someone. More power to you but it's not cool to act like you're all that for getting LUCKY....
Just my opinion.

MEAT

Scify

Post by Scify » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:47 pm

I get you site that someone has made How to use redeemer
site http://www.redeemerinsanity.com/
On left hand side there index look for Redeemer University click on that
in center there is three links One U need Redeemer 101
My style play is call Hide-n-glide.
From I seen u are good.I am rusty
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

LePoLoo
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Redeemer Use?

Post by LePoLoo » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:28 am

MEAT wrote:Does anyone have any idea how to use the redeemer? The redeemer, as a "weapon", is a guided missile for the most part. Used to hunt people down....(if used correctly). The incorrect way is to Run and Gun...hoping to hit whatever gets in its way.....(In other words...get lucky and hit something/someone...) However....in short games/maps "Run and Gun" seems to be the norm for those that that have no clue/idea and for those that are trying to get lucky and hit someone. More power to you but it's not cool to act like you're all that for getting LUCKY....
Just my opinion.

MEAT
I think there are maps to be played in a run and gun way and some other maps need to be played in a hide and guide mode.

I prefer those that require a good knowledge of the maps and they're often those in which the good way is hide and search other players...

imo :wink:
Too much lag ? go fishing...

}<(((((°>    }<(((((°>         }<(((((°>   }<(((((°>     }<(((((°>             }<(((((°>       Image

Scify

Post by Scify » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:32 am

Aslo you know maps .Listen to sounds like somebody pick up belt or damage. or invisablity u know get them.I see few night play there are few good player that know how to use redeemer. :D

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes

For the record...

Post by Hermskii » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:41 pm

Sorry MEAT. Run and gun has tons to do with whether you win or lose on maps. You could call part of that luck but you'll find the people who do it win almost every round also. There is skill involved using this method.

This forum is not only my personal project but it is a spin off from www.redeemerinsanity.com forum. That is where most of us met originally. That link Ijust gave you has some great explanations of verying ways to play and some stragedies that can be useful too. Read it all. It is great stuff.

This mod is the only one I know of where spawn camping is part of the game and is required to win on almost every map. In all other forms of UT it is highly shunned. Here, on my server all kils count no matter what. Remember, it is still a deathmatch server. It doesn't matter how you do it so long as you get 30 frags first. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Scify

Post by Scify » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:06 pm

i gqave him Max site Redeemer Insanity that has Redeemer 101 .Mah, Trop,Jarg, and other CG&SRA gave their style play to help newbies

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:44 pm

I am good at "hide and guide" as you call it or hide and seek/hunt (use the redeemer as a guided missile) as I like to call it, which is what that are designed for. But their are those, old school or those not familiar with the redeemer, that play to much Unreal Deathmatch that shoot at whatever moves. And a lot of times kill or blow themselves up in the process. I have to laugh when that happens...lol For example...when I play in a map that is to small for redeemers, I wont play fire my redeemer, but I will run/transformer next to people just to see what they do. Usually they blow us both up. They have no clue...lol
But my point is....The Redeemer, in theory, is a guided missile. Used by those that hide and seek/hunt/glide. If the military/police had Redeemers they would not run up to the enemy and shoot. In turn blowing each other up.
But again, don't get me wrong, plenty times I will fire my redeemer in the direction of the enemy in hopes of blowing the up.
Last edited by MEAT on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scify

Post by Scify » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:26 pm

I know what you need they fired u get close to them.I have wheel set as best weapson so there Redeemer and trasnlocater.Close I use trasnlocater close up kill. Everybody don't like big map or mediun map or small maps
Last couple day I have seen some Old gang :D
Before I fire I alway look before I shoot I alway face wall :lol:

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes

LOL

Post by Hermskii » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:01 pm

I know what you mean MEAT. I love running at them and seeing them either kill themselves and me by firing or seeing them try to run away to get far enough away to fire on. I suggest you learn how to telefrag really good as soon as possible. It is a blast to join a game and do nothing but chase people around. I'd have to guess that is what I do the most now. It is a BLAST!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Blondehottie

Post by Blondehottie » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:50 pm

All I can say is Herm I'm being a good girl and bein quiet on this one.

Hotts
BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARKMATTER

Re: LOL

Post by DARKMATTER » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:23 am

Hermskii wrote:I know what you mean MEAT. I love running at them and seeing them either kill themselves and me by firing or seeing them try to run away to get far enough away to fire on. I suggest you learn how to telefrag really good as soon as possible. It is a blast to join a game and do nothing but chase people around. I'd have to guess that is what I do the most now. It is a BLAST!
Hehehehe yup try running into me 'beep'

Dark :arrow: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: