My Achievements List

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
-HellFire-
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: My Achievements List

Post by -HellFire- » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:14 pm

ScottyD wrote:That's next on my fix list. I'm going to make the landing pads a little more forgiving, and also make the cutting blades a little lower. It's very tough to go straight through as it is, you have to back up and change angles to make it. Puzzles should allow a smooth playthrough if you have the talent. I'll also add a small bump in the spawn tunnel exit as it opens into the courtyard so that the monsters can't come in and spawnrape as easily.

We have a nice thread on map fixes going over at PMH, perhaps a thread here in development would get some suggestions from you all? I've gotten some great ideas and fixed some maps to play without crashing the server and I'd love love to garner your opinions.
I have a suggestion..
In my opinion you should replace the whole puzzle part.. Make it a BT part with some hard jumps.
That would be really awesome :mrgreen:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:58 pm

I'm doing that now. The reason that whole part sucks is because the tiles have movers under them (?) and they can move away, letting you fall through. Also the mover is not as big as the tile you want to land on, so you can hit it and still fall.

I'm fixing it all right now. The movers are gone and the tiles will be non-moving (and sized right). I am curious, should I add a small stained glass "IEHOVA" somewhere so people get a clue?

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:06 pm

Just like Hellfire, I never had problems while jumping on the puzzle.
I have a suggestion..
In my opinion you should replace the whole puzzle part.. Make it a BT part with some hard jumps.
That would be really awesome
I don't believe you should replace the puzzle part. Why? Because the map is based on the movie: all those traps are part of the movie, the blades, the puzzle and the invisible bridge, even choosing the right cup. If you remove one of them, then it's not Indiana anymore. :lol:
'm fixing it all right now. The movers are gone and the tiles will be non-moving (and sized right). I am curious, should I add a small stained glass "IEHOVA" somewhere so people get a clue?
I guess the movers are there because, on the movie, you can't stand for too much time in one of the letters, you have to jump fast. :lol:
About adding "IEHOVA", maybe you could add something like "Jehova on latin". Lol, I'm only trying to keep the map like the movie. :mrgreen:

Anyway, you can modify it, but we could keep the original one also on the mapvote menu, so people can choose which map they wanna play. What do you think? :mrgreen:
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:20 pm

ScottyD wrote:I'm doing that now. The reason that whole part sucks is because the tiles have movers under them (?) and they can move away, letting you fall through. Also the mover is not as big as the tile you want to land on, so you can hit it and still fall.

I'm fixing it all right now. The movers are gone and the tiles will be non-moving (and sized right). I am curious, should I add a small stained glass "IEHOVA" somewhere so people get a clue?
You know the secret disco room right?
Put Jehova or Iehova whatever on the wall there? :mrgreen:

And Reiyel you are right about the puzzle part I forget it was based on the movie :lol:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:00 pm

This is strictly for choice. I have no say on what Herm adds to his server at all. This will probably replace the ones on PMH 1&2 though if everyone blesses it. Here is the map thus far and the changelist:
1. Added an invisible blocking volume to the mouth of the spawn draw. This will keep most of the monsters out of the spawn area. Some could still fly around over top, but this will lessen it by 90%.
2. Reduced the pupae spawner to 150 total from 300. They just seem to go on forever and there's no real reason. Cutting it by half makes it a doable thing to stop and clear them all.
3. Lowered the blades just slightly so you can hit the obstacle at a dead run and not have to stop at the entrance and re-align yourself. They will still kill you dead if they even nick you though.
4. Removed the movers and made the hidden tiles sized in line with the letters they are under. You don't have to hit them in sequence now, just make it across.
5. Cleaned up the bad english on the announcements.

Still left to do:
Find a way to subtly add the IEHOVA to the map. Everyone asks that, and to be honest any sort of puzzle should be solvable without dying to figure it out.

Anyhow, toss me some feedback if you feel like it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:14 pm

1, 2, 3 and 5 are good. #4 is bad. You must make them spell it in order IMHO. Isn't that in order in the movie too or is that just an add on? Make 'em spell it mannnn.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:59 pm

Yeah i dont like that either. I think I'll redo the letter grid and stretch it out so you cant skip one. There's plenty of room in there to make the obstacle tougher and better.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:47 am

And how about make the bridge on the end visible?
Most people die there if they dont use the crouch button..

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:09 am

I think making it visible would defeat the whole "leap of faith" thing. Actually the bridge isnt there until you jump. It's sitting at the bottom of the pit and is triggered to jump up to stop you. I'm experimenting with moving it up and leaving it, but you can still find it easily with bullets (too easy). I might just leave it alone.

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:06 am

1, 2, 3 and 5 are good. #4 is bad. You must make them spell it in order IMHO. Isn't that in order in the movie too or is that just an add on? Make 'em spell it mannnn.
Yes Hermskii, you're right; in the movie you have to do that in order, spelling IEHOVA.

About the bridge, why not just making it invisible. I mean, that the brigde stays there all the time, but invisible. That will be according to the movie; you'll have to have faith to go trough it, believing it's there even if you can't see it :lol: :lol:

8)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:48 pm

H꣣Fï®è wrote:And how about make the bridge on the end visible?
Most people die there if they dont use the crouch button..
Most people are killed by the puzzle (especially when they don't jump one at a time); don't touch the bridge, the bridge must stay invisible. Even better, make a solid, permanent, invisible bridge where the current one is and get rid of the evil trigger.

[Edit]
ScottyD wrote: 3. Lowered the blades just slightly so you can hit the obstacle at a dead run and not have to stop at the entrance and re-align yourself. They will still kill you dead if they even nick you though.
I'm sorry, but the blades now are even harder than before, they keep on killing me everytime, no matter what I do. The original blades were better IMHO.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:04 pm

Pots (and everyone) I really appreciate your honest opinions.

I will return the blades to default. I've gotten a couple of people now tell me that. To me, it's almost too easy but I want to remove the frustration factor.

I'll put the bridge in its raised position and repost the map. Give me a couple of hours to get some dinner and I'll get it done up.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:27 pm

OK here is a different version. In this I ever so slightly adjusted the tiles to be truer to the letter tile. There's not a lot to work with, and to be honest the whole puzzle should be done better. The other changes are in this one too along with the leap of faith fix (now the walkway is always there but its invisible always, I think it works very well like that).

Test this one out and tell me what you think. Is it getting close?

http://agutgopostal.com/kelly/MH-Indian ... emp%7d.zip

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:51 pm

I did not test at all but I wanted to say that using crouch is not required to get the bridge to appear in the original map. All you have to do is dodge forward. I think making it be there all the time and be invisible is more like the movie and this is a good idea. I'd also like to see a second spawn point be triggered when you get to the webs in doorway just before the blades but the spawn point itself should be just before the stairs at the entrance to the building.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:47 am

Wooaah guys!

The letters work fine, you just need some vaguely good BT.

And as for the IEHOVA, c'mon guys it says it in your chatbox! :roll:

New spawnpoint? Ahem, herm? the stairs at the entrance to the building have about 40 monsters around them!
And another SP just before the webs..really now they're not that hard :|

I go away from the forums for a week or so and I find about 13 posts of people trying to remove all the hard parts! :shock:
Whats up next? remove all the goblets except the wooden one and put it an an altar? :lol: