> Bad Player Thread < post them here

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
gopostal

Re: > Bad Player Thread < post them here

Post by gopostal » Tue May 12, 2009 9:56 pm

Look on the dev section. I posted a vid on this exact thing.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed May 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Bad player: Blades. I repeatedly have warned him over language. Finally I muted him for a bit to get my point across. He started teamshooting me and kickvoting me so he got a nice little ban in his stocking. I removed the ban after the game but leave the mute for a while.

I warned him sternly over his language and removed the mute. We are having a real problem with kids playing now and saying a whole lot of "F this" and F that"....Admins need to deal with this directly and solidly.

Ice
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Ice » Wed May 13, 2009 10:16 pm

I have to warn a new player daily to watch the language :roll:
Usually they stop after 1-2 warnings but if they dont they're getting mute

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Me and HellFire have found this player yesterday, he was mad because his clan has dumped him with silly reason (according to him), but this is not a valid reason for starting talk crap on our server. I wish we could use that BodenTool that can censor a list of bad words.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed May 13, 2009 10:44 pm

I've used it. The tards just figure out how to go around it. ! for i, uk for uck, stuff like that. If you turn it up too high it impedes normal conversation. On MHM I said "I wish it were so" and it came out "I wi<expletive deleted> were so." I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

It's best to deal with this straight on.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu May 14, 2009 6:24 am

I never have problems with players but I'm naturally easy-going.

There was a person who was swearing caps everytime the queens got him in hebereke and I just would ask him not to do that, The worst thing I did to him was sending him a windowed PM that said "seriously quit using the caps and calm down =P"

I keep telling myself I should get a system for (Warn-WindowPM-Rename-Mute/Kick) but I always decide it's forgiveable...I mean, I never did anything to Pawel :shock: Cows are too gentle :?

gopostal

A person of interest

Post by gopostal » Wed May 20, 2009 2:30 pm

A Person of Interest

Guys for a few days now I have seen a player "THUNDERBOLT" idling on the server. He will idle, get kicked, then come back over and over. The server seems to crash a lot only when he is doing that so do me a favor and ban him. I have a feeling he is trying to screw with things. I see really weird server errors that shouldn't be there when he is doing that. I have asked him to stop but keep getting no answer. I know there is a group attempting to hack the Nexgen and I'll be darned if it's going to be on my server.

If you are the one who gets him, jot down his IP and forward it to me so I can add a block ban.

*POTS*

Re: A person of interest

Post by *POTS* » Wed May 20, 2009 5:21 pm

I didn't know we had the kick-idler feature activated on our server, what's the time limit BTW? Does it affect admins also?
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed May 20, 2009 5:25 pm

It wasn't but I turned it on when he would ignore me and return after I kicked him when I would leave. I watched him for a while, he was not playing even alone. Just idle.

The time is set @ 180 seconds. If you don't do anything that long you are AFK. And no, VIP up is ignored completely. Thats why you didn't see it.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed May 20, 2009 7:13 pm

it kicked me though yesterday :?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed May 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Do you see a counter running in the nexgen console up top?

Scify

Post by Scify » Wed May 20, 2009 9:02 pm

It run fine.It start Beeping it get down10 second. He was there when that map crash.You said someone did somrthing to server.
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed May 20, 2009 11:01 pm

ya the counter is on the top

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu May 21, 2009 7:13 am

I have a vicious dislike of idlers carried over from ut2004 Invasion server I used to play on, It's a good thing he never ran into me or I'd have banned him in a few minutes :twisted:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu May 21, 2009 7:24 am

I'm actually of the same mind. If you idle once, fine. Everyone needs a coffee refill. If you idle twice, you just made the short list. If you get autokicked and come back idling again, you are doing nothing but creating lag for people who want to play, screwing up the voting, and potentially telefragging starting players on the maps with few playerstarts. If you want to play, join. If you want to watch, spec.