Fewer bots

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Fewer bots

Post by Hermskii » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:34 am

I'll be lowering the amount of minimum players on CG by request. Right now it's at about 4-6. I'm taking it down to 3 so at worst, if you join as the only real player, you'll be playing with at least 2 bots. That is all.
~Peace~

Hermskii

LePoLoo

Post by LePoLoo » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:59 am

I'm waiting for the 0 bots game to be sure to win !!!...
Too much lag ? go fishing...

}<(((((°>    }<(((((°>         }<(((((°>   }<(((((°>     }<(((((°>             }<(((((°>       Image

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:17 pm

Only I can beat my MEAT and win.

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:47 pm

Glad to hear there will be less bots. Especially for me because I complain about bot kills/wins all the time.
And glad to see more people playing Redeemer as well. So much at times it gets a little crowded. Wouldn't it be nice if we had another site or better yet a way to have two seperate games going at one time from one site/server? That way we could choose one map over another or choose who we play with. Maybe even have it where we could set up private (password only) games?
Just a thought....

LePoLoo

Post by LePoLoo » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:46 pm

Dam Meat you want to take off all the fun of that game !!!
4 players... several servers... no bots... what is that mod becoming ?

I think I'll soon have to stop playing if I can't recognize anything of that game !...

Why don't you try to like what the players that did that game like ?

}<(((((°>    }<(((((°>         }<(((((°>   }<(((((°>     }<(((((°>             }<(((((°>       Image

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:15 pm

Why don't you try to like what the players that did that game like ?
Not sure what that means but it doesn't sound good. LePoLoo...I'm just trying to make the game/server more competitive, fun and exciting. I just hate seeing 10 guys in a small map all running into each other....it's like a circle jerk sometimes. You can't tell me it's fun? And especially for newbies, they'll never appreciate what Herm has here. They just come and go. That's why you don't see the phrase "gg" anymore.
I don't want CG to turn into just another generic site/server, where people come and go. I'd like to see CG turn into a site where everybody wants to come and play....but they have to respect and deserve to play here.
There are over 500 servers on Unreal as we speak and 90% of them are empty because the maps and the experiences are all the same so people come and go. All of them looking for something different or unique but they just can't find it. Maybe that's why the other Redeemer sites didn't do well? I want CG to get better and I feel it needs to evolve and change with the times. And I think Herm wants the same thing?
I'm not saying my ideas are the right way to go...I'm wrong half the time and maybe next week I'll have more bad ideas. I'm just looking to improve on what Herm has going for us. We all should give our opinions.

LePoLoo

Post by LePoLoo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:30 am

Meat wrote:Why don't you try to like what the players that did that game like ?
Not sure what that means but it doesn't sound good
I agree about the meaning because my english shows its limits sometimes but it's not said to be offensive but as an opinion : I really think you could try to like some things you don't actually.
Especially when I see you leaving the game if Fractal is voted : let me tell you my real experience. It took me more than a year before I could win it once and now, it's always a pleasure to try to do it again (except if a ping under 80 is in at that moment : it gives my ping no chance but it's this mod's rule)

I don't know if I'm clear in my way to say those things but there are some great and good "souvenirs" I have like doing a competition of bot killing (that was funny too !!!). Of course, this needed a lucky spawn place

That's what I'm talking about when I say Why don't you try to like what the players that did that game like ?. Of course, while I loose each of that kind, I'm not so pleased but I still consider this is the fun of that game.
MEAT wrote: We all should give our opinions.
That's what I tried to do... :wink:

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:27 pm

Yo LePoLoo,
If you want to compete against bots go to ClanDOU. It's full of bots and no one ever plays there....unless CG is down. And you may have a better chance of winning there.....lol
ClanDOU also lacks good maps.

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:41 am

Times are a changing. Bots Rule...lol
Seems like no one really wants to disguise the bots to map size ratio theory.
Less bots for smaller maps, more bots for lager maps. So I'll get over the subject for now.
But for some reason those new bots on your server sure are aggressive Hermie.
Did you jack with the settings? Or are bots just normally aggressive in the smaller maps?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Hahaha

Post by Hermskii » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:32 am

Yes, I jacked them up somewhat. They are mean now huh? I may actually need to turn them back down.
Last edited by Hermskii on Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Peace~

Hermskii

MickeyM©

Re: Hahaha

Post by MickeyM© » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:57 am

Hermskii wrote:Yes, Ijacked them up somewhat. They are mean now huh? I may actually need to turn them back down.
Don't do that Herm! Leave them turned up. If your going to have fewer, at least make them agressive. I often find bots on CG just standing around as is. So fewer more agressive bots makes sence. IMHO

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:45 pm

Yea....I would keep them mean. Because if you're going to play alone you
might as well play with someone (bots) mean !!!
I've been trying to make my bots mean but it just won't take.
I think my BodenX settings are screwing it up?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Um?

Post by Hermskii » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:17 am

There are more folks. MORE. And yes, they are mean and move fast.
~Peace~

Hermskii

{§ÎR}Írôn Chef

Post by {§ÎR}Írôn Chef » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:00 am

Seeing this thread reminds me about the bots that were at the old Missle madness server! man I don't know what he fed them but those bots were cracked out ! I heard and witnessed myself bots guiding missles :shock:
Freeeaakkkkkky !! :o

-=TDC=-IronC

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 pm

Yes it's good to see that there are more bots. And they're not only meaner, they're smarter somehow too. Before, when they would find you in an alcove, they'd take a shot and stand there to die with you. Now sometimes they shoot and move out of the way of the blast.

I was wondering that since 3 bots never seemed like enough, if 4 would be better, because with 5 in a small map, it gets totally insane.
-Oh that's right, it's supposed to be insane. :twisted: :lol:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess