UT Errors

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: UT Errors

Post by Hook » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 am

David wrote:I got this error when playing at CMM. It was on Hamster Dance II. It is different from the standard General Protection type errors I have got in the past.
Error Hamster Dance II.JPG
It says something about when it was drawing to the Speech Area also.
Hmmm - These "General Protection" happen from time to time.
Do you recall what mod your were playing? (What column in MapVote?) - Curious is all.
One other guy on UT99 got one using the Column 1 "STINGER I" mod that was written by Gopo.
Turned out it was something that guy had done wrong on his comp, and he also had the hi-rez textures installed.
He re-installed UT correctly and had no problems after that. :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Interesting. I saw a forum where GOPO said that he and I had dabbled in S3TC textures and decided they were bad. I never said they were bad. I said if you didn't install them exactly as I said to they would cause issues. I wonder if he isn't on a rampage against Diehard to make sure they don't work by doing odd things to the mods he hands out to people to make sure they have issues with the S3TC textures. I don't understand what his goal would be to do that but his name is gopostal...and I have seen a rant of his elsewhere condemning the use of these textures period. I have seen you mention not liking them either HOOK. When I get my texture link back up I'll give you my directions and my files and give it a shot and let me know what you see!

I grabbed lots of different instructions from lots of places and did tons of testing to try to get the S3TC textures to work. When I finally found the right combination of directions I gathered from everywhere to get them to work right, I documented it and let it out the door to the public. I clearly stated I did not make the textures or any of the original instructions I used. I said I did not make the S3TC fix file. I clearly said that none of it was mine except that I had determined a method to install them with a near 100% success rate. All of that is still true. I never condemned the S3TC textures. I love them but I'm aware that installing them is time consuming.
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Hook, to answer your question, it was with the fast deemer (I believe the second column).

I have the general fault time to time. This is the one and only time to my knowledge that I had this error (D3D error). I do not think, that anyone had anything to do with this. Just a fluke/glitch. I remember I was falling or had jumped from of the towers aiming for the water and then UT crashed on my computer and gave me this. I restarted the computer and went back into the game and it played fine.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes, they are pretty Random, as they say.
Can come out of nowhere. :shock:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:26 pm

These things happen to me every once in a while too. Not often but every once in a while.
~Peace~

Hermskii