The DOU server.

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
MEAT

Post by MEAT » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:47 pm

24 people in one map....all firing at each other? Talk about more Deaths than Frags. Even though it's all in fun....I just don't see the "Team" aspect of this historical event.
Personally, I'd rather see a Ladder type event where we would all be ranked and we go 1 on 1 with each other. Or better yet, 2 or 3-man teams....where we would choose our own partners and go head to head against other 2 or 3-man teams. And maybe from here it would develop into team challege matches?
But a 24 person Redeemer Free-For-All....sounds to crowded and noisy for me.
Can you say Crash?

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Hey

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:23 pm

Watch it MEAT. You're letting your age show a little bit. Hehe.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:03 am

:?: I thought it was going to be two teams of 12 players. :?:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:44 am

I hear ya Herm...and I'm feeling it too. Just thought I'd throw out some ideas....?

The Jargonaut

Post by The Jargonaut » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:04 pm

24 people in one map....all firing at each other? Talk about more Deaths than Frags. Even though it's all in fun....I just don't see the "Team" aspect of this historical event.
Dude, no matter if we dissagree on play styles, I know that with your guiding, map knowledge, and hunting skills, you would be successful. Teamwise, if it is set to where friendly fire would not kill, then it just may work.
This has never been done before on this kinda scale. Who knows what may happen. It may be a total flop. I would rather try and it fail then to not try and never know. Either way, for you, the main goal would be to kill as much as possible without being killed. If you can succeed with THIS many people, then YOU ARE DA MAN!
Teamwise, I would be your support. I would use the deemers as a defense for you. Think of them as an exploding shield. You would pinpoint kill the hidden enemy, and I would try and protect your position, while looping the folks you kill.... in theory

Either way, I think that we could do it. We may not win, but I think that it would be a good time. That is my main goal.
As for your suggestions, I think it would be WONDERFUL to get a league going here. Teams of two or three. Ranking system. Have the score system where kills and deaths are considered... I am all for it!
Hmm. Ranking is based on the teams kills plus deaths. If the kills are positive scores and the deaths are subtracted giving the final score...
Hmm. The team with the highest score at the end of the tourney, be it a positive or negative score, wins.
Sounds good to me.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Jump

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:09 pm

Jump on it Jarg. That is way too much work to me. I'm so glad that I'm a Server Nazi and even more glad that I'm a lazy one at that!
~Peace~

Hermskii

The Jargonaut

Post by The Jargonaut » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:12 pm

Normally I would do it. Problem is that I have accepted a new position at work. I will be back on the nigt shift again. I really will not have the time anymore to play. Starts the second of January.

MEAT, take the idea and run with it.