Admins on the server?

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
UTSAkillingangel

Re: Admins on the server?

Post by UTSAkillingangel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:02 pm

does anyone have the IP for the server?

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:29 pm

No I don't, sorry. :(

matrix wrote:I think the number of admins is very sensitive. Speaking theoretically, there should be enough administrators who will mildly respond to complaints and solid rule breaking in an effort to police the server, BUT few enough so that it doesn't look like we're running a communist server-goofing around is okay to an extent, when someone complains or says stop, it's time to stop.

The {HOH} community is a great one, few servers exist where regulars will respond to someone asking them to stop, instead of relying on constant administrative action to resolve issues. I would personally like to keep it that way.

To ward off any potential argumentation, I would like to make a few things clear:
-I underlined complaints in the first paragraph because I see it as such: if an administrator witnesses a Player A boost a Player B off of a hebereke ledge, and Player B does not get upset or does boost Player A next time he gets a deemer, the administrator show not intervene. (This example represents many possible instances.)
-By solid rule breaking, I mean extensive cursing, verbally assaulting other players, laming, etc. where immediate administrative action is necessary.
-When I said regulars respond to other players politely asking them to stop, regulars means people who constantly play on our servers and use the forum; that cannot be said for all foreigners.
Thank you very much Matrix, you enlighten me! We don't need to clone some other server's style, we just need to be ourselves.
Plain Old Telephone Service

UTSAkillingangel

Post by UTSAkillingangel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:13 pm

BLAH, here, it sucks though, didnt have alot of time, planing on wat im gonna do for my b-day tomorrow

BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:32 am

Why do you think we all play on UMH?

For the same reason we played on MHMIII (and no others really), It's so much better than our own server :mrgreen:

UTSAkillingangel

Post by UTSAkillingangel » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:03 am

i have two rules for my self, when it comes to MH, go to UMH, when it comes to sniping, go o my server

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:08 pm

BIOMECH wrote:Why do you think we all play on UMH?

For the same reason we played on MHMIII (and no others really), It's so much better than our own server :mrgreen:
I wouldnt say better, just because its more feature packed it dont mean its better, the atmosphere in UMH is somewhat hostile.
I for one prefer a non communist server like our very own MHM. :mrgreen:
Besides, all we really need is Nexgen and a few maps the majority of new maps on UMH suck so only the good ones are needed.

Herm has alot on his plate atm so lets not nudge him with requests just yet. :P
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Well, it is a better server technically speaking, it's just that you got banned off it, even if the reason was rather stupid considering what you got for it...
Kind of like being executed for shoplifting, but crap happens.

But still, regardless of the admin problems it's still a helluva lot better server than ours, face it :mrgreen:

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Well I like MHM better. I dont think we really need nexgen all we can use is the pm.
I also don't like super monsters throwing rockets at me all day :(
I dont play UMH enough to know much what else is different.
BIOMECH wrote: But still, regardless of the admin problems it's still a helluva lot better server than ours, face it :mrgreen:
thats just your opinion :wink:

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Well, UMH has score by damage, no crowding mod, USED to have the boost/noboost mod...It was so useful they removed it...

Oh fine I admit just a mod or two and more maps would equalize them. Although the reason we like MHM better is probably because we're MHM... :roll:
That being said, the idea of playing on our own server is...interesting. But at the moment it's only used for MHM conventions and Supreme meetings, both of which are special occasions.

matrix

Post by matrix » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Nali And I are on the same page. I checked out UMH yesterday to see what the buzz was about. It's all a matter of opinion, I like MHM more mainly because I don't like all the mods and features and different setup of the HUD that UMH has. The random health is different but cool, I think the messages across the screen aren't necessary though. I like the list of online players, but it could be moved up on the HUD about an inch or so (as it covers my fps.)

This is all constructive criticism, so don't flip {UMH}ers. I play MHM because I like it more, but I think UMH has a lot of potential: it's a new server. Great servers and communities take time.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:54 am

UMH has the mods and maps , MHM has the freedom and more respect from other players.

OK, they're equal :mrgreen:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm

matrix wrote: This is all constructive criticism, so don't flip {UMH}ers. I play MHM because I like it more, but I think UMH has a lot of potential: it's a new server. Great servers and communities take time.
I can speak for all the people working behind the UMH scenes when I say that constructive criticism is very welcome. Please feel free to post an honest critique, or email me and I can post it on your behalf if you would rather not be on another forum. We are all part of the MH group. Herm has helped me *numerous* times when I was stuck solidly on some issue, I've helped him by crafting some mod work. Other servers run things Herm and I developed (Killerbee is switching to a modified MH controller, straight from the thoughts of Herm and my code, on what should be included into an all-in-one mod). It's not often I can get direct criticism on my work that is as precise as your paragraph. Please feel free to elaborate more if you want.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:34 am

Well, I hate being seen to excavate old ruins, but the UMH response to alot of things seems to be "don't take the mick" (Gem) or "banned" (You).

Really I'm not looking to start the fight up again here I'm just...mentioning...that criticism might be a rare for more than one reason.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:53 am

Oh come on. You are angry because you suffer from "ICantBeToldWhatToDo"-itis. You've made more citicism and suggestion than anyone else (with about a 90% agreement rate from me) but you discard all that over a single incident? The critique you posted wasn't the issue. It was the fact you posted after being asked not to in one single thread.

You have repeatedly asked me on occasions in games not to harm cows. Out of respect for you, I have always done that. Why is that any different? I think it's silly for you to care what happens to decorations, but it's obviously important to you. I deeply care about civility on my servers. Players impacting other players game experience to the negative will not be tolerated. If you can't accept that, then fine. Move along.

It's asinine to think you can set arbitrary limits, then casually discard limits requested by others. It didn't bother me that you posted disagreement, it bothered me that you went against something I asked you politely not to do.

Let me add something else too Bio. I totally accept that I am disliked by the "group" but as individuals I still chat with a great number openly and honestly. There are some issues you think I am overzealous about that are, in fact, bubbling right below the surface here too. You guys would do well to have an open discussion amongst yourselves about how you really feel. I can assure you there is a lot of tongue-biting going on.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:12 am

This is also not to start a fight but I think it's not a great idea that I'll post about what I really feel.

I have respect for you gopo and to your servers/admins etc.
But the only thing I don't like is to get banned so fast for ''not much''.
It was maybe not right to boost you to death (which wasn't me), but to ban for one situation like this is not a great feeling to me.
I ALWAYS behaved on your server and site and now with one little ''accident'' its all over for me.
Seriously, I like your servers and site but when this happened I'm not really sure about it anymore.

Again, its just what I feel, nothing offensive to anyone.