Fine

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
MEAT

Re: Fine

Post by MEAT » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:38 am

Hook wrote:I've noticed that many newb players do not know how to chat in UT.
That could be a problem.
I usually let them know how to chat (hit "t" then type)
Many times this brings them out of their shell. :wink:
Yeah I do that as well...but first I do my best to welcome them and to also make my presence known.
And if no response I then throw out the (hit "t" then type) and wait.
And if still no response I evaluate the situation:
...do they look like they know what they are doing?
(run/gun...spray/pray...hide/guide)
...are they getting more frags then deaths?
...are they using a stock or other skin?
...are they throwing out any taunts?

And if all answers point to no and if they are still nonresponsive...they BLEED.
Trust me I'm all about welcoming newbies to the Redeemer world.
God knows we need it because UT is dead.

BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:11 am

If your trying to help newbies then how come your joining comment is "Are you ready to BLEED?" :twisted:

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:11 pm

BIOMECH wrote:If your trying to help newbies then how come your joining comment is "Are you ready to BLEED?" :twisted:
I only say that toward regulars...it's called psychological warfare.
Before the game even begins I have you pissing in your pants.
Most of the time (depending on the map) I'll just sit back and watch
regulars run, hide or die...lol
It's amazing the name "MEAT" strikes fear in the general population.

Killer Klownz

Post by Killer Klownz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:35 pm

This is going to harder than Klownz thought . . Looking at MRS Klownz saw a player IT hadn't seen in a long time . . . a real fan club member . . . someone who the Klownz just loves to make into little pieces . . . but Klownz realized it was Tuesday and did not leap at the players throat . . . good Klownz . . .
Evil is obvious only in retrospect.

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Killer Klownz wrote: . . . but Klownz realized it was Tuesday and did not leap at the players throat . . . good Klownz . . .
Ahh...I was wondering why so many players were happy to see me today.
Actually my advice is to enter the next time you see this fan member and have your way with him.
BUT...don't touch any bots.
Only go after him.
In fact, announce that you're only going to hunt him.
There is nothing worst then the unexpected...unless it's the expected.
This guy will piss his pants and leave.
Hmm...probably not a good idea.

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Generally MEAT Doesnt strike fear into me, usually makes me think of BBQ'd Nali :)

Plus i never actually see ya play sooooo.....

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:02 pm

EA_Elemental wrote:Plus i never actually see ya play sooooo.....
You're kind of right...It seems I've taken a back seat as of late.
You might even say I've lost interest ... :|

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 pm

tut tut... Well i had a go with KillerKlownz, Generally kept blowing myself up while trying to defend myself from his bloody spray... or just getting killed on spawn when i respawn and bloody fire a few deemers >_<

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:44 am

Klownz is fun to play. If he knows you have seen him then he drops one to your left and one to your right while he back-pedals away. He'll then put one behind you and in front of you. Pretty hard to get away unless you are on low grav.

If he thinks you haven't seen him then it is a hole different story. If he thinks you haven't seen him then he will sneak in and telefrag you just like that!

If you get into a good fight with him, he comes back to the exact spot where he died last which is awesome because I hate hunting all over on those massive maps some people here use. I like that he comes right back to where the action is. Kudos for that Klownz.

MEAT is very different. He always takes the high spot. He always moves and does so in circles. He always leaves his translocator somewhere first so he can teleport away to safety. MEAT is faster than Klownz in movement due to better use of the translocator.

I still want to call bloody foul in that you can actually translocate away in a straight line from my Deemer. It should not even be close. The Deemer should always be much faster. Makes me sick to think about it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:46 am

Well actually at one time i completely evaded that tactic (Love Skaarj Dodge) and then he ended up telefragging me when i did a runner into a building xD

DOH

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:59 pm

This is a great start on Tactics Discussion to help Average Redeemer Players improve their skills against the Best of the Redeemer players or Any players for that matter!
(By the term Best Redeemer players I mean that are STILL playing on Our Redeemer Servers: CMM, CG, MRS and RVH anyway.)
(There are some GREAT redeemer players that aren't around or at least aren't around as much anymore.)
This is ALSO over at Hook's UT Place!

Here goes MY (Hook's) addition as what I have observed when playing Klownz or MEAT and advice.
Hermskii can remember playing much better than myself (I'm getting Old) so I used his post (above) as an Outline to "jog" my memory!
I have played (and still play) MEAT quite a bit and I totally enjoy it, but I have played Klownz only a couple of rare times...(he doesn't play CMM either)
OK - HERE goes it...

Hermskii:
Klownz is fun to play. If he knows you have seen him then he drops one to your left and one to your right while he back-pedals away. He'll then put one behind you and in front of you. Pretty hard to get away unless you are on low grav.

Hook:
I have only played with Klownz 2 times I believe and Both times he has left quickly.
(I am not saying that he left because of me - don't know why he left actually)
Also, Both times were with just Klownz, MEAT and myself (Hook) - no others.
In the small amount of time he was there, he didn't seem too bad to play.
Much more of a conventional and predictable player than MEAT - at least for what I saw in the time we played.
He seemed to keep his distance for the most part.
We have LOW Gravity at CMM so I suppose you could get away from the "Klownz Kross" more easily there.
The Klownz Kross (I'll COIN it) is a technique that I myself employ at times, although a bit differently in a design to be more confusing to the victim.

Hermskii:
If he (Klownz) thinks you haven't seen him then it is a hole different story. If he thinks you haven't seen him then he will sneak in and telefrag you just like that!

Hook:
Maybe on HIS server or CG or MRS - but of course we do not allow the transloc at CMM.
PS: Telefragging Hook USUALLY means YOUR death also or maybe JUST Your death!
(Exception: MEAT I gotta say is a sneakier and faster telefragger than most so he gets away with it quite a bit more than others do!)

Hermskii:
If you get into a good fight with him, he comes back to the exact spot where he died last which is awesome because I hate hunting all over on those massive maps some people here use. I like that he comes right back to where the action is. Kudos for that Klownz.

Hook:
Yes, I noticed that! I kept seeing him inch in to where you can actually see and fight him!
However, he did disappear at times and did the hide-N-glide also.

Hermskii:
MEAT is very different. He always takes the high spot. He always moves and does so in circles. He always leaves his translocator somewhere first so he can teleport away to safety. MEAT is faster than Klownz in movement due to better use of the translocator.

Hook:
I gotta totally agree with this statement about MEAT's play.
If you find his transloc somewhere, send a missile into it for a kill.
The best way to Frag the MEAT is to surprise him!
Run around and soon you will run smack into him!
I have done this quite a few times, although not on purpose.
I really should practice this myself because he DOES move around a lot - and in general circles - kind of like when playing regular DeatMatch.
Another MEAT advice - once you DO frag MEAT, don't let up.
When MEAT gets fragged, it is usually a BIG surprise to him and he gets quite rattled.
I have on several occasions (when my adrenalin kicks in) fragged him 3, 4 or even 5 times in a row or in short succession because of him being rattled and confused when first fragged.
Don't give him time to recover and find a hiding spot.

Hermskii:
I still want to call bloody foul in that you can actually translocate away in a straight line from my Deemer. It should not even be close. The Deemer should always be much faster. Makes me sick to think about it.

Hook:
Oh well, I guess that is why some Redeemer Arenas have it - to use as an escape from facing the nuke! LOL :lol:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:31 pm

Hook wrote: Another MEAT advice - once you DO frag MEAT, don't let up.
When MEAT gets fragged, it is usually a BIG surprise to him and he gets quite rattled.
I have on several occasions (when my adrenalin kicks in) fragged him 3, 4 or even 5 times in a row or in short succession because of him being rattled and confused when first fragged.
Rattled and confused...ME? :lol: :lol:

First lets clarify you fragging me 3, 4 or even 5 times in a row in short succession.
That's called "playing a server with smaller maps and with no spawn protection".
And I'll go one step further...most people call it "Spraying" or "Spawn Killing".
But both are effective and needed techniques when playing smaller maps.
And depending on the map one could spray his way to a win (30 kills in a row) in less then a minute.
So to say that MEAT was rattled and confused...well I'll correct you and say he was more likely stuck
in the loop of poop.

But since we're on the topic of technique and giving advice here are some freebies.
...watch and react.
...learn maps.
...turn your music off.
...if the server has a translocator learn to use it.

I know these are simple and basic but they are vital for success.
And as for me/my technique/style it varies depending on the map and server.
I started out years ago on CG so I can "Spray" with the best of them but prefer
more of a "Hunt and Bleed" assault.

ELvis

Post by ELvis » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:40 pm

WOW...I have been out of the loop. Now to try CMM for a bit. I always look at that server but there is never anyone there. But I'll keep a closer eye out.
ELvis
DEEMERS 4 Life

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm

ELvis wrote:WOW...I have been out of the loop. Now to try CMM for a bit. I always look at that server but there is never anyone there. But I'll keep a closer eye out.
Hey - Thanks ELvis!
I'll keep the light on for ya! :wink: :lol:

Actually, I myself Promote ALL of Our Redeemer Servers!
I have ALL of them on my Server Ads at CMM!
CMM, CG, MRS and yes even RVH!
(We should ALL do this!) :wink:
Last edited by Hook on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:00 am

MEAT Hurt me :( Bad nib nab! Where is my deemer aimbot now! :twisted: