Fine

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: Fine

Post by Hook » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am

MEAT wrote:Rattled and confused...ME? :lol: :lol:

First lets clarify you fragging me 3, 4 or even 5 times in a row in short succession.
That's called "playing a server with smaller maps and with no spawn protection".
Well, maybe I should have said "Surprised and Scrambling" :wink:
OK - now maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been...
A "small" map like "Alpha_B"? (not that small!) :shock:
Well, I'll give you that there have been some medium sized maps that I have surprised you with a few missiles in your lap. :lol:
I rarely play small maps - very rarely - especially with you! :wink:
Spawn protection???
As in while you're running around shooting and looking for a place to hide? - For how long is a "spawn" supposed to last? :lol:
Spawn protection doesn't last that long. - Not what I was saying.
MEAT wrote:And I'll go one step further...most people call it "Spraying" or "Spawn Killing".
I rarely "spray" as you call it - only if necessary to bring out players that are hidden and not firing much.
"Spraying" is Mindless shooting in many directions in most cases of the word.
What I do mostly is what you could call "Strategic Firing" where as you fire missiles at "Strategic" locations to trap or surprise the intended target.
That is NOT "spraying"!!!
I don't recall myself EVER spawn killing!?!? NEVER do it! (Except possibly by accident is all)
I do NOT have the memory to even remember WHERE a spawn point is let alone even TRY that manuver! LOL :lol:
MEAT wrote:But both are effective and needed techniques when playing smaller maps.
And depending on the map one could spray his way to a win (30 kills in a row) in less then a minute.
So to say that MEAT was rattled and confused...well I'll correct you and say he was more likely stuck
in the loop of poop.
Well, maybe I should have said "Surprised and Scrambling" - and No - I was not talking a loop-of-poop. :wink:
I agree - WHEN Playing "small" maps spraying or maybe even "Strategic Firing" is about all you can do. (Spawn killing isn't my style though)
Again, my memory isn't the best but believe me, I was most likely doing "Strategic Firing" (not spraying) AND I for sure didn't "spawn kill" causing a loop!
I just never cared to do that - I have been a victim of that much, much more than I have EVER tried to do it. :lol:

Now, don't get me wrong!
I am NO match for MEAT by any means and he missiles me to powder 95% of the time that we play each other.
I just do not have the regimen to hone my skills as he and some other great redeemer players have, at least with Redeemer Arena!
(I do excell at regular DM UT much more than I do with Redeemer)
I just LOVE playing!
But, sometimes I see some light and when I am feeling good and the adrenalin is pumping, I can overcome (errr) beat (ahem) the MEAT!
Gad-Zooks that sounded Awful!
I have only beaten MEAT a handful of times and I believe that every time that I HAVE, it was in a map that he hasn't played before or was not as familiar with as I was.
See the point MEAT makes below - the 2nd point - "Learn the Maps!"
That is something that I wish I could do better - Learn the Maps!
MEAT wrote:But since we're on the topic of technique and giving advice here are some freebies.
...watch and react.
...learn maps.
...turn your music off.
...if the server has a translocator learn to use it.

I know these are simple and basic but they are vital for success.
And as for me/my technique/style it varies depending on the map and server.
I started out years ago on CG so I can "Spray" with the best of them but prefer
more of a "Hunt and Bleed" assault.
MEAT, these are Very Good points - But, could you go a bit more in depth with the 4 points you listed above?
That would be awesome! :P
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

MEAT
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue

Post by MEAT » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:09 am

Hook wrote: Now, don't get me wrong!
I am NO match for MEAT by any means and he missiles me to powder 95% of the time that we play each other.
Correct.
Hook wrote: I have only beaten MEAT a handful of times and I believe that every time that I HAVE, it was in a map that he hasn't played before or was not as familiar with as I was.
Sure, you've gotten a point or two against me but you have beaten the MEAT?
When and where do tell?
Hook wrote: ...watch and react.
...learn maps.
...turn your music off.
MEAT, these are Very Good points - But, could you go a bit more in depth with the 4 points you listed above?
Here is the least important of the four...turn your music off.
The game itself already has enough distractions and I'm not hear to listen to ACDC.
With my music off I have a better chance of hearing you and your footsteps or when you
pick something up. I can hear missiles more clearly and in what direction they are going
or have come from. I can hear your hidden translocator or the catch and release of your
translocator as your hurrying away.
I also can hear footsteps/movement when guiding my missile.
Again, I can concentrate more on the game and not on Angus Young doing a guitar solo.

The other three points I could write a book on.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:21 pm

MEAT wrote:
Hook wrote:I have only beaten MEAT a handful of times and I believe that every time that I HAVE, it was in a map that he hasn't played before or was not as familiar with as I was.
Sure, you've gotten a point or two against me but you have beaten the MEAT?
When and where do tell?
:lol: a point or 2? LOL :lol:
OK - I took pics (of course) - as these were "HUGH" milestones! (for ME!!!) :P
I will post them (here in this post) ASAP - cannot now as I am away from home.
(Unless you may have remembered???)
MEAT wrote:
Hook wrote: ...watch and react.
...learn maps.
...turn your music off.
Here is the least important of the four...turn your music off.
The game itself already has enough distractions and I'm not hear to listen to ACDC.
With my music off I have a better chance of hearing you and your footsteps or when you
pick something up. I can hear missiles more clearly and in what direction they are going
or have come from. I can hear your hidden translocator or the catch and release of your
translocator as your hurrying away.
I also can hear footsteps/movement when guiding my missile.
Again, I can concentrate more on the game and not on Angus Young doing a guitar solo.

The other three points I could write a book on.
Hey - write that book!
That would REALLY be awesome!
"MEAT's Redeemer Tactics and Handbook"

Killer Klownz

Post by Killer Klownz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Hook wrote:I have only beaten MEAT a handful of times and I believe that every time that I HAVE, it was in a map that he hasn't played before or was not as familiar with as I was.
Klownz has said it before and will say it again . . . . Winning a map and beating a player are two different things. "Beat" a player means you pretty much run up your score killing and owning that particular player. Winning a map means you killed more bots and maybe a sprinkling of "other" players . . . . nine times out of ten a player "wins" a map . . . there aren't many redeemer players that can "beat" another player . . . players must never confuse winning a map with beating another player . . . Klownz has spoken . . . . So it is written, so it shall be done . . .
Evil is obvious only in retrospect.

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Klownz is rather confusing :? :|

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:34 pm

The Cow is suprised that the Skaarj can't understand Klownz meaning, Cow thinks Skaarj is funny.

I wanna see if it can read sentences when you add effects to them, or whether it errors.

Hook

Post by Hook » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:47 pm

So, maybe I should re-phrase that as...
Beaten another player's score in a map at the same time as that player in question is playing the same session in the same map??? :roll: :P
Yeah, that should cover it - I think! :shock: :?