WTC map

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Scify

Re: WTC map

Post by Scify » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:07 am

BIOMECH wrote:Well, we were playing both of them with Bpak, that may have tampered with the results just a teensy bit :mrgreen:
Second time Player and I play it.That how I found these out.
I agree they finish map before we got off first floor.
Yes ,Nameless it take alot team work.
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

Spice
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Spice » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:16 pm

sci, it doesnt take THAT much team work,,,i mean, it tooks me and you over an hour to do it our selfs

then again it took an hour with you, me, blizz and a tiny bit of help from my dad (who i may say, sucks at MH)

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:33 pm

In version 104 you were able to fall down from the top of the first tower and land into the fountain's pool.

In version 105 someone has added an "expletive deleted" DeathZone mid-air and it is no more possible, unless you are equipped with a translocator.

Played only half of the WTC 105 version A map, it seems to be better now, but the elevators are still a pain in the butt, especially if you have naab robotic and zombie teammates that keeps on boosting you down.

If someone should decide to dump this map, I won't miss it.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Spice

Post by Spice » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:50 pm

sorry pots, i just had to do it once

if somone dumbs this map i will hurt them, its a great map, its fun, and its easy

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:45 am

Ok I've been reading this thread and recalling this map for a while now, and I do agree that those impossible areas need fixing, unless you're really really into "D-Day on Omaha Beach" type scenarios.

You should also get rid of that kill zone so that I can jump off the roof when we are finally all done. ;)

I also rather like the idea of the hellfire flak cannon being added to the map. Perhaps half way up building one?

Don't be surprised if it takes a long while to find a good final version of the tweaked map. It took the mappers and play testers over at Excalibur about a year to get Long Corridor 2006 ready for release, if I remember correctly.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:56 am

I've noticed that on the KillerBee server they're using the version 106. :shock:
I thought the v105 was the latest. :?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 am

I'm not for sure POTS but I think 105 was the last version actually worked on by the original maker. Subsequent versions (I've seen up to 110A) are versions by mappers who have reworked things.

By the way you know there are unfinished floors in the towers? I didn't know that until I opened it up in ed. Looks like they had more ideas but never got to them. It really got me thinking too about entity and long corridor. A properly done skyscraper you had to battle up the floors on a la corridor might be a fun map to make.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:34 pm

I had a feeling about that, only two floors + the roof is not that much for a skyscraper. :wink: