Network Trouble

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Network Trouble

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:51 pm

Today I got several complaints about the lagg. This is not normal at all. I usually get a pretty good connection. I think it is related to time warner cable and not me. I watched as the pings all hovered around 300-400 today instead of the normal 100-200. I don't know what to say. Bummer. I rebooted the server tonoght anyways. We'll see how it does tomorrow I guess. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nr.2000
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by Nr.2000 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:44 am

You didn't by any chance play on my map while it happened?

It is generally know that my map is VERY CPU intensive. I haven’t found the cause yet, but still looking. I’m planing to send Chico some temporary "broken" versions, where I have deleted large parts of the map, or just certain actors, so I easier can figure out where the problem is.

derdak2rot
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by derdak2rot » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:30 am

i just checked your map in the editor , what i found :

Brushes : 2808
Zones : 60
Polys : 16396
Nodes : 30374
Lights : 694

2808 brushes ! must take you a lot of time to do a full rebuid !

i think the Polys/nodes numbers are really high , due to the number of complicated brushes you used ( rocks , boulders , caves ) . those vertex edited brushes take lot of memory ( high number of polys for one brushes )
try to remove some of them that are useless .

but in the other side , its awesome you only used 694 light for a level of this hugeness . In HellFire , i had 1344 lights for 2350 brushes ( though the level is still dark , lol )
arrgh ! lost my head !

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Nope

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:07 pm

It certainly was not your map Nr.2000. There was something going on with the network not to mention the server was autoupdating a program too. The pings stayed high even after the update completed so i rebooted her and today everything seems normal. I don't notice lag or any probs with your map with one exception. When Ifirst connect and your map is running (in other words, all of the time LOL) While it is loading it takes a while. That is it. Once I'm in for about 10 seconds everything catches up and is real time. Then everything works great.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Tleilaxu

Post by Tleilaxu » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:40 pm

i especially enjoyed on Excal server hitting invisible monsters with invisible ammo, it was loads of fun, especially when your team mates dissapeared and only appeared if you ran into them, laugh fest :D :lol: