Phase IV

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Phase IV

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:52 am

OK folks, here it is:

MHM started with nothing.
Then I put on UTJMH.
Then I switched to the BIGI mod.
Then I switched it to the MHEXCal mod.

Now, MHM is officially running the Gopo mod which I'll refer to going forward as the HOHMHMMODV1 mod. In addition to this mod we are also enjoying the HermMod which is also a Gopo creation that I'll refer to going forward as the HermMod.

Ammo regens faster. Health does too and the vial pickups regen crazy fast. The Antiboost is working properly and can be turned on and off as requested. There is more stuff to mention but I'm tired. Try it out and let me know what you think. The Village map will be put on VERY soon. The scoring has been updated as well BTW. A few weapons have been replaced with slightly better versions of themselves and like I said, plenty of other things.

See! I told you I'd get around to it and I still have several more months before this year is over. I'm way ahead of my actual silent schedule.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Re: Phase IV

Post by BIOMECH » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:44 am

Hermskii wrote:which I'll refer to going forward as the HOHMHMMODV1 mod.
What's wrong with the MFHSUFLAYURNBFHSKV1 mod? :lol:

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:48 am

BIOMECH wrote:
Hermskii wrote:which I'll refer to going forward as the HOHMHMMODV1 mod.
What's wrong with the MFHSUFLAYURNBFHSKV1 mod? :lol:
LOL! :lol:

So the mod is on MHM now..
I guess I'll see some MHM's soon then.. :P

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:45 pm

It does actually make sense as far as the name goes. Let's break it down a little and see what it looks like. All future mods on MHM that effect any part of what this mod does will use this naming convention:

HOHMHMMODV1

HOH MHM MOD V1

House of Hermskii Monster Hunt Mayhem Mod Version 1

I suspect any new CG mod will be called HOHCGMODV1
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:46 pm

BTW, I have not gotten any private email remarks about this mod yet and no complaints here so should CBS news go ahead and predict it to be a success?
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:19 pm

Hold on for a minute Herm. :!:

1 - The name on the top right corner of the HUD is "Darknet Mayhem" instead of "Monster Hunt Mayhem";

2 - The current health cap is 300 HP instead of the old 500 HP. Are you sure you want to leave it as is now? I personally think it's too hard, but maybe it's just me;

3 - Me, nameless_entity and EA were playing on the IndianaJones map and the cups that are supposed to kill you weren't working at all, don't ask me why.

Everything else is working fine. :)

Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Thank you POTS! I'll look into that right away. Yes, this version of the mod has several little things in it still from the original version of it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:27 pm

OK did a quick test, its the Hermmod doing it (antiboost) not the MH controller mod. I'll nail down why tomorrow.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:53 pm

I just finished confirming it with K. Yes, it is the old Breath of God won't kill you issue.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:21 am

300HP?

Oh man we're so doomed.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:50 am

It's not the mod at fault here Herm. Tim used some odd ways of doing things, like the cups use a special event actor to trigger the death (which is corroded?). In essence what is happening is that the trigger of the cups is causing the antiboost to kick in and protect you since you caused it. The antiboost code looks at damage and decide who the "instigator" is. Here is the part that is doing this:

Code: Select all

if (InstigatedBy.IsA('PlayerPawn') && Victim.IsA('PlayerPawn') && AllowBoost[Victim.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerID]==0)
		{
This is asking "did a player do this, and is it a player getting hurt, and is the mutateboost on?" If the answer is Yes to all three then the antiboost kicks in and stops the damage. If you mutate boost to off the cups kill you immediately.

In the end this is a problem with the map and not the mod. Now that K sees what I mean, she can verify this through the editor.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:14 am

The only thing I have to complain is the SLOOOOOOOW AMMO!!
Takes ages to reload a weapon :?

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Your just unhappy because you run out of ammo for your minigun and have to use something else :twisted:

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:30 pm

BIOMECH wrote:Your just unhappy because you run out of ammo for your minigun and have to use something else :twisted:
Who is talking about a minigun :roll:

I kill titans with my chainsaw if I have to :lol:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:17 pm

-HellFire- wrote:The only thing I have to complain is the SLOOOOOOOW AMMO!!
Takes ages to reload a weapon :?
I have to agree on this point, you kill two or four monsters in a row and you're already out of ammo. On certain maps that have only one or two weapons at start you have to go chainsawing hordes of monsters.

With the old MHExcal mod you were able to reload your weapon till you reached its max ammo limit by the use of ammo boxes, but now you can't anymore, so we need to compensate that with a higher ammo regen rate IMO.
To make it simpler: the ammo cap for the minigun is 1999 bullets, with the old mod you could use ammo packs to fully reload it, now they work till you reach 199 bulllets (default ammo limit for UT) then it's up to the ammo regeneration rate.

:arrow: BTW I've noticed an odd thing: some monsters like Titans and the Giant Gasbag of MH-Canals][ are not affected by the Shock Rifle secondary fire (the blue plasma balls). I mean I hit them but I get no points at all. Is it supposed to be so? Are they shockballs-proof? Could it be the map?
Plain Old Telephone Service