New mod?

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
K
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

New mod?

Post by K » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:57 pm

Seems there is a new mod on the MHM server. I just want to state my displeasure with it. For one all the monster end actors are visible. That sucks man. Also the game speed seems to be really fast. That sucks man. Not to mention the ammo count is a font not matching with the rest of the HUD. That's just annoying looking.
I duno, i just wanted to hop on and play some but it was not fun. So i left. Thats my two cents.
Discussion anyone?

Fuzz_Ball

Re: New mod?

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:11 pm

So I finally get to play with the venerable K and what does she do moments after I show up?

LEAVES.

Made me want to go Klownz!

Actually, the map crashes and I got the "Oblivion" start map all alone.

I'm trying to get used to the new mod too. It takes some adjustment. What I can't stand is that I'll empty 6,7,8 full mini guns & maybe flak cannons (1900 rounds x 8 = 15,200 x 3 separate weapons = 45,600!!) at some crap-ass warlord and all he does is hit me twice the very second I spawn and I'm dead.

Loop of Poop for Monster Hunt?

Hmm - Curious George is a Monkey - monkeys fling Poo. Do you see a poop pattern with Mr. Hermskii?
_ Image * * Image

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:54 pm

K, all those are configurable by Herm depending on what he wants with the exception of the ammo font. That was used because the default will not fit with four digits.

I released source code with this, you are welcome to recompile and make it into exactly what you envision it to be.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:10 pm

I've already discussed this before I think; anyway IMO:

- The name on the top right corner of the HUD is wrong (it says "Darknet Mayhem" instead of "Monster Hunt Mayhem")

- The "health cap" should be the old 500 HPs instead of the current 300

- The ammo regeneration rate should be boosted up a bit, since you can no longer use the ammo packs to max out your weapons (they just recharge your weapons till you reach the default max UT values, e.g. 199 bullets for the Minigun, 48 for the Rocker Launcher and so on), so you need to compensate that in a certain way

- I'm not sure and I don't know if the gamespeed is faster than before (I just know that you die a lot of times); if that's the case it should be switched back to the previous value

- The different font is not a big deal to me

- As regards the MonsterEnd things, it really depends on the map (for example on IndianaJones a visible ME can spoil the game, but on some other open, wide maps can be useful). Maybe Herm has left them enabled to help newbies find the end of the maps. :?

- With the current settings I really see little or no difference between a Coop game and MH, except for the fact that in Co-op games you won't find endless respawning monsters and boss monsters with 1 billion HPs.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:50 pm

*POTS* wrote:I've already discussed this before I think; anyway IMO:

- The name on the top right corner of the HUD is wrong (it says "Darknet Mayhem" instead of "Monster Hunt Mayhem")

- The "health cap" should be the old 500 HPs instead of the current 300

- The ammo regeneration rate should be boosted up a bit, since you can no longer use the ammo packs to max out your weapons (they just recharge your weapons till you reach the default max UT values, e.g. 199 bullets for the Minigun, 48 for the Rocker Launcher and so on), so you need to compensate that in a certain way

- I'm not sure and I don't know if the gamespeed is faster than before (I just know that you die a lot of times); if that's the case it should be switched back to the previous value

- The different font is not a big deal to me

- As regards the MonsterEnd things, it really depends on the map (for example on IndianaJones a visible ME can spoil the game, but on some other open, wide maps can be useful). Maybe Herm has left them enabled to help newbies find the end of the maps. :?

- With the current settings I really see little or no difference between a Coop game and MH, except for the fact that in Co-op games you won't find endless respawning monsters and boss monsters with 1 billion HPs.
Amen POTS.

I think this explains why MHM has been that empty lately. But like Gopo said, it´s configurable, so it´s not the end of the world IMO.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

K

Post by K » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 pm

Oh yeah i forgot to mention the 300 health cap , good call. Sheesh. For the most part the faster gameplay is what was the deal breaker for me. I could care less about everything else.

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:59 pm

I hear and will address these. Not all but some OK!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Things seem to be pretty good now. I played the map Na Pali Valley or whatever it's called all alone last night. I've always liked that map. It didn't seem to take any longer to do with the new mod than it did with the old one. It may have even gone faster.

I did get the impression that the skaarj were a bit smarter than before. They seemed to dodge better, and were harder to kill with the pulse gun than they used to be. This is good, in my opinion.

Something has changed in the way the mod calculates damage done by your weapon upon the monsters. The hellfire flak cannon used to kill titans faster with alt fire than regular fire. Now it seems that they are not hurt so badly by alt fire, but just melt when you pepper them with chaff from normal fire. I do not consider this change a bad thing. In fact it just means that I will have to explore the new weapon dynamics of each gun on every different monster. This makes the game fresh for me. Nice!

I noticed that we are now able to pick up the weapons used by the monsters once again. I thought something was done with the old mod to eliminate that possibility? The old problem of all your other weapons disappearing from your HUD while you possess the alien weapon has returned. And you still cannot tell how much ammo you have left while using their guns, nor can you use the zoom feature on their sniper rifle. I suggest it once again be made impossible to pick up alien weapons.

I don't like having to wait while the ammo count slowly rises on that new gun you just picked up. You can run over the ammo packs all you like, but you don't get to keep any of it. If this can be repaired, please do so. I want to be able to load up on ammo just the way the mapper intended.

Based on the game play in the Na Pali map I played last night, the server seems to be tweaked just about right as it stands now. If the two mild issues I mentioned can be fixed, so much the sweeter. :)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:22 pm

along with POTS and EA, there is simply nothing like a good time taken review from Nameless. I will speed up the ammo and stuff OK.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Dont drag me into stuff like this :shock:
Since when did i ever write a good hard written review :lol:

BIOMECH