Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Today, 11-27-09 I counted 42 Monster Hunt Servers based on the MH tab. I predict no more than 3 more will ever exist being a total of 45. MHM was number 3 of a total of 3 servers when I started it. I think that within 20 years there will be less than 35 MH servers left. Yes, I'll be one of them!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Spice
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Re: 42

Post by Spice » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:57 pm

i wouldnt count my server in that list lol, no one plays there

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:09 pm

wooot MHM will live on and i'd say its still in the top 5 most populated MH servers

Oh and by the way why is it down? :?
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:40 pm

It isn't..

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Hermskii wrote:Today, 11-27-09 I counted 42 Monster Hunt Servers based on the MH tab. I predict no more than 3 more will ever exist being a total of 45. MHM was number 3 of a total of 3 servers when I started it. I think that within 20 years there will be less than 35 MH servers left. Yes, I'll be one of them!
I BELIEVE it! :wink:

(Man, I didn't know there was that many MH servers!) :shock:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Heh, and 42 was the answer to the question: "What is the meaning of life, and everything?" * :lol:

When I first searched the web for that mod and patch (and found it on that Japanese website where you had to guess what it was they were talking about, for the most part) and installed it, there was often exactly zero MH servers up. Sometimes the server tied to that Japanese website would be running, and sometimes 3's server would be up, but not so often.
I think it was Scify who found Jackie's MH server, which was the first one we knew of based in North America. While playing there we met Nr.2000 who later got Chico from Excalibur Holland interested enough to start an MH server. Around that same time MHM started up.
With a server here in North America and one in Europe, look what has grown up since then. 8)

*from "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Incidentally, 3 still runs a server similar to monster hunt. It is called Co-op. A single player or a team of players works their way through a set of maps until the goal is achieved. Co-op means that you must work as a team, because once a health pack or ammo pack is used, it is gone for good. It's an interesting and challenging mod. I'll see if I can get a link to 3's website, and post it here later.

*Later*: Ok, you should be aware that there is a lot of stuff you will have to download before you can play on 3's co-op server. Most of it is on fast redirect and you can make do with downloading it into cache. (If the files start coming slowly, you have dropped off of the redirect server and are now getting the files straight from the server. Wait for the current file to finish downloading, then hit F10 and reconnect to get back onto the fast redirect server. You may have to do this more than once, as it is a long download, and not quite everything needed is on the redirect server.)

You can also go to these two websites and check things out from there. 3's page has all of the map packs and other files you'll need available to download and install.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/v.smith19/

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/kimmo.kontto/mh.html

Get the IP for 3's server and enter it manually in the game for the quickest way to begin.
Last edited by a nameless entity on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:18 am

a nameless entity wrote:Heh, and 42 was the answer to the question: "What is the meaning of life, and everything?" * :lol:
Life, The Universe, And everything... You forgot the universe :P

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Did anyone see the actual movie? Was it any good? I read the books but skipped the movie cause it looked to me like they Speed Racer'd it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:23 pm

a nameless entity wrote: When I first searched the web for that mod and patch (and found it on that Japanese website where you had to guess what it was they were talking about, for the most part) and installed it, there was often exactly zero MH servers up. Sometimes the server tied to that Japanese website would be running, and sometimes 3's server would be up, but not so often.
I think it was Scify who found Jackie's MH server, which was the first one we knew of based in North America. While playing there we met Nr.2000 who later got Chico from Excalibur Holland interested enough to start an MH server. Around that same time MHM started up.
Wow Herm I didn't know yours was one of the first MH servers ever made. Kudos to Nameless Entity and Scify for "pushing" you in the MH business. 8)
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:53 pm

Indeed. I think I was in the first 4 or 5 for sure. Maybe number 3. I started once. Gave up and came back a year later and stayed. (FOREVER!)
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:40 am

@ nameless entity:

Let me tell you about *my* dealings with 3...This guy is a real piece of work, let me tell you. I ran a co-op napali server for a bit and this guy was always coming on and offering to help. The nerve! Who does that? :wink:

Seriously, great great guy. Very helpful and he fixed me right up. You know I still have all my napali files. Would anyone be interested in a co-op server for the holidays? Proberly could put one up in a day.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:24 am

Would be awesome if there was a xmas mod for MH or something (for the holidays).
Replacements for (ammo, health etc.).

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:06 pm

I've heard that the Multiplay servers have something like that but it works for DM only I think. Maybe MEAT or the Klownz could be interested...
Plain Old Telephone Service

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:34 pm

*POTS* wrote:I've heard that the Multiplay servers have something like that but it works for DM only I think. Maybe MEAT or the Klownz could be interested...
Yes, I was spectating on their ''Redeemer Sniper Heaven Only'' server.
The health was multi-colored present boxes.
The health vials were multi-colored candles.
Maybe someone can convert it to MH.
Would be nice :D

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:41 pm

Hermskii wrote:Did anyone see the actual movie? Was it any good? I read the books but skipped the movie cause it looked to me like they Speed Racer'd it.
I don't know about a movie, but the Brits made a mini series based on the books. I wish PBS would run it again. Funny stuff. :lol:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess