Stuck?

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Stuck?

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:29 pm

Perhaps you could make a fresh, empty, install of UT somewhere, and then go to Chico's server and download all of his maps into cache. Then use an extractor to get the files into their proper folders in your game. And voila, you have all of the maps that Chico uses, many of which are later and/or improved versions over what you are running, Herm.

Sorry, Chico doesn't store the maps for download anywhere, so this is the only way. I am sure I've suggested this before. I still feel it's the best way to get the best of the best that the European MH community has been doing these last few years. 8)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:33 pm

Hmmm? Sounds painful to me. After I did all of that which really isn't much, what would I do to compare? Print out a file list of the UT install Map folder and one from mine and compare map names?

I'm very well aware that there are tons of new maps to be had but I'd really like to avoid putting crap maps on the server and since I don't play really anymore I don't know what is good and what isn't.

I started that sticky topic under CG + MHM forum called MHM Change Log or something like that so folks can suggest stuff there and we can all track wether I did it or not or in this case I should say when I did it because I have done every single thing asked so far of me except put on the Village map and that was because it would make the server unstable to put it on. I'm certainly NOT saying that if you request it, I'll do it but I have done most of everything requested. Granted at about a 2 -3 month delay. (Cough)
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Yeah well.... my point has been for quite some time... and I'm repeating myself here.... is that a lot of the maps that are not working quite so well on your server....... have already been fixed and are up and running on Chico's server. Chico has the latest versions of all the maps that are worth running.

I asked Chico to send you his maps, or to put them up for download, but he feels that extracting them from cache is good enough for anyone that wants them. :(

So I guess I should start keeping track of which maps work better and are also worth the bother of changing over.

#1 Get the latest version of Andromeda-Ancient. It has been considerably tweaked since the version you have. Your version also happens to crash my game. So I'd like to see you run the latest version just so I can stay on the server. ;)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:32 am

I'll have some spare time this weekend so I suppose I can get started on this effort. Thanks Nameless.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:49 am

Nameless, are you interested in building a "full download" with all the best maps? I have a "complete" download but it has all the crap in it too. Having sometihng a server admin could grab all at once would be great.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Herm here is a list of the maps currently running on Excalibur's, you can compare them to the ones you have on MHM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Got it. Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii