Some sort of Self Damage Mutator?

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Sir Mandrake
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Some sort of Self Damage Mutator?

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Hey Guys, Im working on a MH server myself and was wondering how you configure or turn off Self Damage like on Herm's MH server. I want to enjoy maps without the worry of splash damage from my own weapons or my team. I found somthing over at UT admin but the thread talked about having to compile my own mutator and im not quite that advanced with UT. Can Herm or somone help me out?

Fuzz_Ball

Re: Some sort of Self Damage Mutator?

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Hey Sir,
Welcome to the House.
Personally, I like a little friendly damage, it helps when N@@bs run right in front of you while you're shooting at some big, overly healthy boss.
But, if you must, it's in the
MonsterHunt.ini

[MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt]
FriendlyFireScale=0.100000

Why not introduce yourself at the " Welcome to the show" thread. - Oh, I just saw that you've been around here a while! :roll: Welcome back! :mrgreen:
_ Image * * Image

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Hey there Fuzz, thanks for the reply. Yeah ive been around a while, playing on teh server and Ill chime in once in a while here. Herm's got a pretty tight community here and I like it.

So the solution was right there in front of me lol.

I remember seeing that variable in the ini.. just didnt know what it was setting.... the damage to myself? or my fellow monster hunters? I will give that a shot.

Ive had my server UNIMATRIX01, going for a few weeks now and I'm constantly being asked to turn off the self inflicted damage...most say "oh cant you turn off self damage I keep dieing!" I think like you Fuzz.. it gives the game a little skill factor and I think "If your crazy enough to launch 6 rockets or a Deemer under the Ass of a monster... you deserve to die. :twisted: " I may not change self damage just yet, at least I know how now.

Thanks again for the help!

Side note, regarding your tag line... Thats George Carlin isnt it... May he rest in peace. One of the best comedians ever.
--- END OF LINE ---

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Fuzz_Ball wrote: MonsterHunt.ini

[MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt]
FriendlyFireScale=0.100000
Sir Mandrake wrote: I remember seeing that variable in the ini.. just didnt know what it was setting.... the damage to myself? or my fellow monster hunters? I will give that a shot.
I'm sorry but I think that variable does not affect self damage at all, but it's just for friendly fire (a.k.a. Team Damage). You'll need to use some kind of AntiBoost mutator like the HermMod thing made by gopostal to stop self damage I guess.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:33 pm

I think it is part of the HOHMHMMOD actually. It is sad how much I've plain forgotten over the years about what drives what in this game. So hmmmm? What to do. First let me think about this as I can't recall where it is being stopped. I thought it was a setting in the actual MH mod itself.
~Peace~

Hermskii

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:49 pm

I sure miss that Hermskii character that use to know his stuff, use to play
with his fellow UT allies and always had something to say.
This is how some servers/forums die you know?... :cry:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:20 pm

Who are you MEAT? You new here? Welcome to the show!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:23 pm

*POTS* wrote:I'm sorry but I think that variable does not affect self damage at all, but it's just for friendly fire (a.k.a. Team Damage). You'll need to use some kind of AntiBoost mutator like the HermMod thing made by gopostal to stop self damage I guess.
You are right pots, i made the change and still blew myself to bits with 6 rockets to a wall, but I still appreaciate Fuzz's help. Ive looked all over and cant seem to find a single mutator to do this. Only a small bit of code from unrealadmins.com. Is HermMod or hohmhmmod available publicly or is that exclusive to Herm's servers? I dont want to use anything thats not public without permission first.
--- END OF LINE ---

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:46 pm

While it has been used exclusively here, GOPO has many variants of it and several have many more options in them than I was interested in having so I never upgraded. I kept him pretty busy for too long getting it the way I wanted it. It is pretty much there for me but you may want more. While his stuff is always listed as open for anybody to use, I'd like to contact him and make sure he'd be cool letting you use my version or maybe he'll want to send you one of the other even better ones.

I think I'll make another MH server based totally on my current one with mild updates and upgrades just to get my feet wet again. At that point, I should be able to easily answer questions about UT again like I used to be able to.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Thanks Herm, I appreciate your help. I have plenty of tasks to keep myself busy with the server so no rush on that. 8)
--- END OF LINE ---

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:50 am

My request to GOPO is away. Let's see what happens eh?
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:04 am

Hey Herm, guys...

My apologies I did not see this thread until Herm left me a message overnight. Mandrake my site is here:
http://www.utsurvival.com/DevForum/index.php
It is strictly a coder/developer board but I have a multitude of mods posted there, as well as the source code for you to do as you want with them.

Herm is free to do anything he likes with his mod (It's got his name on it ffs :lol: ) but I understand him ringing me. Many coders get upset if custom work is shared around. I'm not one of them.

Depending on what you want out of your server controller, you might look at Mayhem and see the options on the latest version. As I would for anyone, I would make you a custom compile of it with tweaks to your liking. The core of the mod though is very stable and solid. If only one or two parts are what you need, I can do that too. My controller is modular and adding or removing entire parts of it is not hard.

I can be reached at my email agutgopostal at hotmail dot com or via the board at UTS. Good luck!

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Good Deal! I really appreciate all your help and willingness to share. I am very much interested in learning how to code with UT and I noticed some tutorials on your site. Im going to be doing some serious reading and try to figure out how all it all comes together. I develop applications for work, mainly in visual Studio so looking at any UT code isnt pure greek to me. Learning the editor will be my biggest hurdle. I will get back in touch after I do some looking. :D
--- END OF LINE ---

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:51 am

That is totally awesome to hear Sir Mandrake! I wish you all the wellness you can have in this effort. I want to thank GOPO too for jumping out there as usual to clear the path to greatness for up and comers. This place just rules and only because old blood and new blood are just the same blood of different age. Sing it with me! "We are family" LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii