My first threat!

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

My first threat!

Post by Hermskii » Thu May 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Hey folks!

I wanted to let you in on a little something! I actually just got my first threat from a player banned from {CG} for unsportsmanlike conduct and breaking several other of the simple to abide by HOH rules. This player actually warned to never ban him again. Ever!

I'm smiling and laughing yet shocked at some level that a player who broke the rules actually is upset that he got what he deserved. I'm amazed by the rage this person had in his email and expect all sorts of trouble from him but nothing I can't handle.

Is this the first threat actually? I really think it is. Maybe I got some in the past but I don't recall. This person seemed over the edge though! Wow! I'm still shaking my head in utter disbelief.

I think this matters so much because I feel it parallels stuff going on in society today. It reminds me of illegal aliens in America demanding rights that they don't deserve. Saying that because they came here for a better life they should be allowed to break the law and cut in line in front of others that have been going through the legal process for years. It is crazy. If you break the rules, you have to pay for it. The end. That player is so BANNED it's funny and sad and makes me mad that this player can't conform to the simple rules we have all played with for years. He complained I have let {CG} go and this behavior to happen for 5 years or so. Maybe but just as America is starting to take action against illegal aliens, I have the right to do whatever I want on this legal server. That is all! Peace.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Re: My first threat!

Post by *POTS* » Thu May 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Good job Herm! 8)
If you act like an asshat because the admin is not there, it doesn't mean you're automatically allowed to act like an asshat for ever.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri May 07, 2010 6:53 am

I can't decide if that is more silly or more sad.

It's happened to me a couple of times. The last time I did get legal and that stopped it. A properly worded complaint to an ISP on official letterhead (use certified mail, not email) will get a response that is positive to you.

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Fri May 07, 2010 7:16 am

Banning is a way of life and it's something that all societies have to deal with...all the way
down to gaming on the internet. And what's even more ironic is...this guy was also an illegal alien... :shock:
Well maybe not... :P
Hermskii, I'd like to compare notes, so when you have time could you please send me his name and IP?
I've have a hunch I know who this guy is.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri May 07, 2010 7:54 am

Yes MEAT. I'll send you the info you requested tonight. After thinking about it some more. I came up with a shorter and easier example to explain how this ticks me off:

Let's say I work hard to earn the money to buy a couple of acres in the mountains and I build a nice little vacation home there. Lets say I only visit it once a year for a week during the summer. Now say someone finds my little get away while I'm gone one winter and they move in and stay there. They get the place a little dirty but otherwise don't destroy anything. Then I come to my vacation house one summer after not visiting it for a few years and find this person living there like it is theirs. I call the police and have them removed for trespassing and they complain to me and police about how I don't use the house often at all and they do so they should be able to stay and tell me to go away.

That is how stupid this person I banned seems to me. Amazing!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Sat May 08, 2010 10:12 am

Man, in this day and age of UT99, it is Really Not a good idea to get yourself on the ban list of the more popular UT99 servers of today. :roll:
If and when some of the lesser fanatical (un-loyal) servers shut down for good, these banned people will be on the Outside looking in.

Too Bad - we really don't want to loose ANY UT99 players at all these days.

Our servers May (or will) be the only ones left in years to come and these poor wretches of players that decided to cause problems and not have fun will be out in the cold wishing that they were Not so arrogant and A-Hatted!
They will be watching the last Die-Hard UT99 admins (us) and Die-Hard fans playing UT99 and won't be able to join in unless - Maybe - they come groveling to us and ask forgiveness - and only then - maybe! :|
Some people just don't think ahead or about any consequences to their actions! :roll:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Sat May 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Hook wrote: Maybe - they come groveling to us and ask forgiveness.
Some people just don't think ahead or about any consequences to their actions! :roll:
It doesn't surprise me that some idiots threaten admins and other players.
UT99 isn't the only game in town...there are plenty of "newer" games out there to play.
Plus I've seen this azzhat playing on a sniper server so I doubt there will be any groveling
soon.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat May 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Fine by me. He can go to hell.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Tue May 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Hermskii wrote:Hey folks!

I wanted to let you in on a little something! I actually just got my first threat from a player banned from {CG} for unsportsmanlike conduct and breaking several other of the simple to abide by HOH rules. This player actually warned to never ban him again. Ever!

Is this the first threat actually? I really think it is. Maybe I got some in the past but I don't recall.
It does seem amazing that some people can go so incredibly crazy over a mere online game. If it's an adult; you've got to think that this person never grew up past teen age mentality.

However, it is not the first time you've been threatened. Do you recall the time that some probable script kiddie warned that "bad things would happen" if he was not allowed to win? And then CG was put under a DOS attack the next day?
I also recall that you reported other DOS attacks in the past as well.
Clearly, you are forgiving and forgetting Herm. ;) :)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue May 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Guilty as charged as forgetting. Forgiving too actually. Wow! That kind of stuff hasn't happened in so long I had forgotten about it. I'm glad the stupid stuff is pretty much over. JINX!
~Peace~

Hermskii