The Cellars at Dasa Pass

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
a nameless entity
NoMoreSpam: Silver

The Cellars at Dasa Pass

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Ok it appears that the map MH-DKDASACELLARS{fix} is actually still broken.

Twice now I have had this map crash on me a mere 5-10 minutes into the game play. It seems random, for it did not happen in the same place both times. But each time the "red light of doom" has come on shortly after beginning to play, and you end up having to rejoin the server to be able to continue playing on the next map.

I suggest that it be removed from the server until one of our resident mappers can find out what is wrong with this thing, and get it fixed once and for all. :idea:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: The Cellars at Dasa Pass

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:04 am

It has been removed. When somebody fixes it and renames it again, I will reinstall it. Sorry about that Nameless. First time I heard of the issue.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:28 am

I guess I should have said: "test it first, then remove it if you get the same result."
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:15 pm

Alright, I am getting random server crashes. I assume that the server is getting hot due to the weather? So it may have been a coincidence that Dasa Pass was being played when the server went down those two times.

Please put it back and I will test it to death over the next few days. :mrgreen:

{§ÎR}Írôn Chef

Post by {§ÎR}Írôn Chef » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:32 pm

dang it all ! I saw cellars and thought it was a wine
thread..... crud .... :( .bomb a nameless entity !

Chef winererer

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:02 am

The last time CG crashed was September 08, 2009. Oddly, you were there Nameless playing players named J@xs, Smokey, SalvatorNali, Meerkat, ~-~, Smoke and Elvis.

At least that is what my log says and I do beleive it. Are you saying CG crashed or your hot PC crashed?
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:29 pm

You have said in the past that the server for CG and MHM has over heated during the summer months and gone down. So I thought perhaps that was why the server has been randomly crashing lately.

My PC is in the basement, where it stays as cool as I can get it. The only time my PC crashes during UT is when there is a bad fit between that super duper improved texture set that you recommended we all download and install -which I did- and something in certain maps that doesn't like that new texture set. For example, whenever MH-Family Bonds comes up for play, my game immediately crashes due to a general protection fault.
And sometimes on the other MHM severs I cannot move due to some strange conflict between that new improved variation on the original UTJMH mod that GOPO made, and my new texture set.

So either way these problems are all your fault, not mine. :P
And you can blame Herm too while we're at it; ok Sir Iron Chef? :wink:

p.s. A good Canadian brand of wine: Henry of Pelham. See if you can find some at your local wine shop. 8)

p.p.s. Herm don't forget to put that map back, please. ;)

{§ÎR}Írôn Chef

Post by {§ÎR}Írôn Chef » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:42 pm

a nameless entity wrote:You have said in the past that the server for CG and MHM has over heated during the summer months and gone down. So I thought perhaps that was why the server has been randomly crashing lately.

My PC is in the basement, where it stays as cool as I can get it. The only time my PC crashes during UT is when there is a bad fit between that super duper improved texture set that you recommended we all download and install -which I did- and something in certain maps that doesn't like that new texture set. For example, whenever MH-Family Bonds comes up for play, my game immediately crashes due to a general protection fault.
And sometimes on the other MHM severs I cannot move due to some strange conflict between that new improved variation on the original UTJMH mod that GOPO made, and my new texture set.

So either way these problems are all your fault, not mine. :P
And you can blame Herm too while we're at it; ok Sir Iron Chef? :wink:

p.s. A good Canadian brand of wine: Henry of Pelham. See if you can find some at your local wine shop. 8)

p.p.s. Herm don't forget to put that map back, please. ;)
thanks fer the tip ! good man ! :)

all the best ,

Chef

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:48 am

Really? You are still using the S3TC textures? That is cool and all but many issues have been identified with them because the guy who makes them keeps changing them up. While you are far better off seeing the candy usually, you are not better off if they crash the map. I'd suggest making a 2nd player install and using the default Direct 3D for your renderer. That would answer the question as to whether there is a bad texture file or not to be fixed. I'm adding the map back right now eh!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:30 am

Well, it ran fine. I was wrong. :oops:
Nameless jumps in with both feet in mouth again! :mrgreen:

-Later-

Hmmm ok it crashed again once, then almost did again on the replay. There may be a couple of "bad" spots in the map, or it might be the server, because other maps have crashed also. :?

-Even Later Still-

Well it seems I was originally right after all, more is the pity. The map is definitely flakey. I had another map crash where I had to rejoin the server and vote, and then it nearly crashed again on the replay.

The trick to keeping it going seems to be to run back to where ever you were just before the red light of doom came on. With luck it will turn off, and you will find yourself still in the map and viable.
Perhaps you should also avoid using the dual automags. Not sure about that, but what the heck.

My final verdict: The map is certainly flawed, but still fun to play. Leave it in the map list, and let's see what other players experience. :|