redemer insanity

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
landmaster

redemer insanity

Post by landmaster » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:06 pm

i have never actually checked out this redemer insanity thing. my unreal tournament is acting weird from this fov 666 thing :( . so what exactly is it?

*POTS*

Re: redemer insanity

Post by *POTS* » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Landmaster run UT, open your system console and type:

Code: Select all

FOV 90
To open the system console press your tilde (~) key or alternatively you can press the TAB key and type the same command. Problem solved I hope. :wink:

P.S. Whoever told you to use that value is either a prankster or a UTard™
Plain Old Telephone Service

Fuzz_Ball
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:28 pm

*POTS* wrote: a UTard™
That's classic! :lol: :lol: :lol:
_ Image * * Image

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:23 am

I told him to type "Fov 90" multiple times, but all that happened was it didn't work the way it was supposed to. :roll:
So I brilliantly (yeah right... :lol: ) suggested that he should go to single player and type "Fov 90" and it fixed it, so weird thing having to do with Multiplay Unreal Tournament system formats or something. :?
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:38 am

landmaster wrote:from this fov 666 thing
*POTS* wrote: Whoever told you to use that value is either a prankster or a UTard™
It was the UT devil :twisted:
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Prowner wrote:I told him to type "Fov 90" multiple times, but all that happened was it didn't work the way it was supposed to. :roll:
So I brilliantly (yeah right... :lol: ) suggested that he should go to single player and type "Fov 90" and it fixed it, so weird thing having to do with Multiplay Unreal Tournament system formats or something. :?
It's because the FOV command is disabled by default on a good 99% of the UT servers to prevent cheating.
BTW FOV stands for Field Of View.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:50 pm

*POTS* wrote:BTW FOV stands for Field Of View.
I know, that's kind of why it changes your point of view with 90 degrees to 360 degrees.
*POTS* wrote:It's because the FOV command is disabled by default on a good 99% of the UT servers to prevent cheating.
We both went to the same server once and when I typed "fov 666" it changed my point of view, then I type "Fov 90" and it went back, but not for him. Weird... :?
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:05 pm

landmaster wrote:i have never actually checked out this redemer insanity thing. my unreal tournament is acting weird from this fov 666 thing :( . so what exactly is it?
Redeemer Insanity is the old forum that we used back in the day before Herm started his own forums here. It was based around playing UT with the redeemer only mod. We played on Curious George's as well as Schwantz's server. The old forum is still there, but not very active lately.

http://www.redeemerinsanity.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=3

This field of view thing is interesting to me. I vaguely recall that you could alter it from the default, but never learned how to do it.
Why would anyone want to use a setting of 666? That's more than 360 degrees and does not make sense. Is that what screws up the game?

I used to suspect that Meat used a wider than standard FOV, because he was very hard to sneak up on for a telefrag. So tell us the truth Meat. What setting do you use for your FOV?

;) :mrgreen:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:15 pm

a nameless entity wrote: I used to suspect that Meat used a wider than standard FOV, because he was very hard to sneak up on for a telefrag. So tell us the truth Meat. What setting do you use for your FOV? ;) :mrgreen:
Naaa not on my server...but I have been accused of using two monitors.. :wink:

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Hehe, I just went over to MHM to test various FOV settings. 180 degrees causes the sides of the screen view to look like a very severe perspective drawing on its way to the vanishing point. Ouch. 100 and 120 degrees are not too bad, but at more than 120 degrees the distortions get too nasty. And 120 degrees doesn't really help too much and is not worth the amount of distortion at the sides that you get. Better to just stay at the default 90 degrees and keep looking around quickly as you move through the map people! ;) :idea:

:)
Last edited by a nameless entity on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:12 pm

(Oh look! I double posted!) :lol:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:43 pm

That I know of, I think some servers with anticheat on them can detect if your FOV is greater than 90 and will kick or ban you. I think I'm right about that but I never play on servers with anticheat on them. Hmmmmm? I must be a big time cheater then huh?
~Peace~

Hermskii