Player ethics, and The Name of the Game

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
a nameless entity
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:20 pm

Yes, it does appear that some players just will not learn the basic idea of team play.

However you can meet some good people out there too. I have UT Turbocheck, and when I see that those good people are online, I will jump in and join them.

Here is a good server:

Directgameservers.nl | EXCALIBUR HOLLAND II*****

I've met many friendly people there, who are worth getting to know. :)
Last edited by a nameless entity on Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:29 pm

I still haven't played MHM but getting back to team play. It seems like we all want to compete and we all want that competitive edge over the next guy....never wanting to play as a team.
So...what if you guys played with 2 man teams? Or is that possible? That way you're competing against each other and at the same time being on a team....sort of.
Last edited by MEAT on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Team MHM

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:55 pm

There is a mod being made right now that is Team MHM. It's coming but not on my server.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:35 pm

Is there a gameplay / rules list or web page for MHM / MH ???
I am also new to MH & am a BIT bewildered as to the point of the game or maps. :?
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin

Good ...

Post by Hermskii » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:37 pm

Good question Hook. First of all Hello! I actually have no better answer than to say to join the game and follow people. Do what they do and ask questions as you mimic the other players. It took me a few days before I realized that there are different types of maps with different agendas in Monster Hunt. The best thing you can hope for is a helper online when you are playing.

I suggest that you play when you see Nameless_ Entity online. He is a huge help to everyone if time permits. The base idea is this:

You will spawn with any other players. You will need to work with them to fight your way through a predefined or through a multi-option route to get to an area where usually there is an exit or a final boss (huge monster). The first to kill the monster and or exit properly wins though good protocol dictates that you should wait for your team-mates to all get to the end before you end the map.

There are too many variations to mention them all but there are some maps that are vastly bigger and different than others. I hope others chime in here to explain more. I can say that the more you play, the more it will make perfect sense. The hard part only happens when you play with others that don't know what they are doing. I suggest you request information from other players all of the time. That's how I learned. Using levers and knowing where they are is the hardest part. There is a door. It doesn't open. There is a lever. You touch it. It moves down. The door opens you proceed into a roon where endless monsters attack and kill you. You respawn at the beginning or at some point close to where you were before you died. There is that lever again. Go ahead! Touch it and charge forward! Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Flatus

Post by Flatus » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Checking out Wikipedia would help & also by going to www.planetmonsterhunt.com :wink: