InstaZoom

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
SS_Bomber

InstaZoom

Post by SS_Bomber » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:52 pm

I just made a mutator that gives zoom function to the instagib. Since the instagib is in many MonsterHunt maps, i guess you guys (this means server admin ;)) might be interested in this mutator.
Am i wrong?

K
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by K » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:42 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble , But the Zoom-Insta mod has been around a very long time. O_0

SS_Bomber

Post by SS_Bomber » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:57 pm

I just know one. And tht is an ARENA mutator. It gives you the zoom insta from start up, and there are no more weapons, ammo, powerups (except boots) left in the map. If you are talking about that... Okay, i used parts of that code to create my mutator. But that one i made, just gives zoom mode to Instagibs that are already in the map.
E.g.: DM-Zahltag_UT.unr
Or many MH-maps.
Well, IF the mod you are talking about does this also, then i just wasted about 9 hours of try 'n' error today... And i'd like to have an URL where i can downlad it ;)

Hermskii
Site Admin

I'm interested.

Post by Hermskii » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:24 pm

Send it to me and let me look it over. Maybe I'll use it and advertise it on my web site. Send it to Hermskii@Houston.RR.Com. Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

SS_Bomber

Post by SS_Bomber » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:11 am

Okay, i just sent it to you.

dani

Post by dani » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:28 am

oh i love the instagib. zoom would be awesome. i hope you like it hermskii.

K

Post by K » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:42 am

SS_Bomber wrote:I just know one. And tht is an ARENA mutator. It gives you the zoom insta from start up, and there are no more weapons, ammo, powerups (except boots) left in the map. If you are talking about that... Okay,
Yeah thats the one. I tried it on one of my servers a while back. I used Stuffswapper to keep the rest of of the weapons in the maps. It was kinda fun, but it was realy kind of crappy. When you are zoomed in the target would explode before the beam reached it. O_0

Have you improved on their code on that aspect at all?

Also there was an accuracy issue. .

SS_Bomber

Post by SS_Bomber » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:05 am

[quote="kortniechan"]
Yeah thats the one. I tried it on one of my servers a while back. I used Stuffswapper to keep the rest of of the weapons in the maps. It was kinda fun, but it was realy kind of crappy. When you are zoomed in the target would explode before the beam reached it. O_0

Have you improved on their code on that aspect at all?

Also there was an accuracy issue. .[/quote]

As normal ShockRifle, the InstaGib is an instant hitting weapon. The beam that you can see is just a graphical effect. On short distance it seems that target is hit when the beam reaches it, but in fact you hit first and then see the beam. The more distance is to the target, the more time it takes until the visible beam reaches the target after it has been hit. (When zoomed in you can hit targets that are really far away, so this is nothing in original instagib.

Improved... nope. I just hope that my Zoom-Instagib is as good as that from Arena. I could replace any weapon with that from Arena, and i could replace the normal instagib with any other weapon. But i could not replace the the normal instagib with that Zoominsta from Arena. well i could, but game crashed when map startet. UT tried to replace the gun again and again, so i had to "recode" it. I used the code of the normal Instagib and pasted some of the zoominstagib from arena-mutator.

Bad: I am new to coding and i do not really have a clue about it. I made 3 mutators so far, but all are based on existing mutators.

oompf... wrote more than i wanted to

K

Post by K » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:28 pm

SS_Bomber wrote:I am new to coding and i do not really have a clue about it. I made 3 mutators so far, but all are based on existing mutators.
Its all gravy! You know alot more then me in the codeing dept. thats for sure. I havent got into it yet , but i realy want to.
I am running a insta server right now with a new insta mod. The only problem is you cant hear oponents fire their weapons. Verry strange. You wouldn't know how to fix this would you?

SS_Bomber

Post by SS_Bomber » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:05 pm

[quote="kortniechan"][quote="SS_Bomber"]I am new to coding and i do not really have a clue about it. I made 3 mutators so far, but all are based on existing mutators. [/quote]
Its all gravy! You know alot more then me in the codeing dept. thats for sure. I havent got into it yet , but i realy want to.
I am running a insta server right now with a [i]new[/i] insta mod. The only problem is you cant hear oponents fire their weapons. Verry strange. You wouldn't know how to fix this would you?[/quote]

Can you hear your own weapon fire?

SS_Bomber

Post by SS_Bomber » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:07 pm

Okay, you tell me how to quote correctly and i take a look at your server ;-)

K

Post by K » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:38 pm

Yeah, you can hear your own shot, but you cant hear anyone else shoot. I think something is missing from the code.

srry the server went down for a little while and you loged off aim before i could catch you. Its back up now, I've been dooing alot of work on it lately.

Oh yeah. to quote someone, push the Imagebutton above their post.

Your bbcode looks fine though, maybe its cause you are double quoting. You should edit your part out of my post? Or most likely you have extra tags somewhere in there?

LePoLoo

Post by LePoLoo » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:34 am

dani wrote:oh i love the instagib. zoom would be awesome. i hope you like it hermskii.
LOL, I love zoom to and that's why I play sniper servers too !!! :D :D :D
Too much lag ? go fishing...

}<(((((°>    }<(((((°>         }<(((((°>   }<(((((°>     }<(((((°>             }<(((((°>       Image