Olweapons version mismatch

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
a nameless entity
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Olweapons version mismatch

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:42 pm

I occaisionally get this error message when I try to log onto MHM: olweapons version mismatch.
This is strange, because I've searched my UT folder a couple of times for such a file, and it never finds one. Usually if I quit and restart UT, I can then get onto the server. Tonight I was wondering if everyone was getting the error, because CG was full, but MHM was completely empty, something I haven't seen at 10:30 pm EST for ages, if ever. :o :?
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

K

Post by K » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:22 am

That file pops up mismatch for me sometimes too.
Word of advise, dont use windows to search for it, lol
I dont know why but Win search engine suxz! Also it might be getting the mismatch from the file in your cache. Those are named 92659162395932646.
so it wouldn't find it.

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:12 am

find the epic cache converter and put the olweapons.u in your UT/system folder . :wink:

normally that wont happen again , but if it happen , backup the previous and redo the new one in your cache folder .

it happen lot of time to me on Coop servers because they use different versions of it ( same for olextras.u ) . i wonder why it happen on mh server because the maps dont really need it ( exept MH-LiandriInvasion and MH-LiandriConflict , made by me , lol )

i know MH-baseriot use olskool too with the olextras , thats maybe the only ones i can find . :?
arrgh ! lost my head !

K

Post by K » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:38 am

Ahh, Coop.. .
Thats probly where i got the mismatch from. I play SP quite often. Oh well, I havent got the missmatch in a while. :mrgreen:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Fixed

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:24 pm

Derdak2rot has been kind enough to remake his MH-LiandriInvasion but this time it doesn't require any of the ol' this and ol' that stuff to play. He put in all in the map so that you don't have to download it and now you can't get file mismatches. I have removed the map called MH-LiandriConflict as his request as well since he was unable to get the ol' stuff out of it and have it still work.

So, now there is a slightly improved version of LiandriInvasion that runs solely on this server and he even put a statue of me in the Hall of Fame! Thanks Derdak2rot. Later all.

Keep letting me know when you find issues. Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii