Quit your takin and start walkin. . . . . . -rant-

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
K
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Quit your takin and start walkin. . . . . . -rant-

Post by K » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:08 am

I am so . . .so. . . . :evil:
I was so mad. When i jumped on the server last night it was full. But only two people where actualy playing.
Everyone else was standing around,
chatting ,
blocking doorways,
and even worse , people were running around just shooting at other players and shooting at walls and beeing complete asses.
This continued through 3 big maps , then i decided to disconnect.
Most of them had clan prefixes on their name so this would explain their like mindedness. But reguardless. . . It was ruining it for everyone who were trying to play!
If you have to chat go download AIM jerkoffs!

Ahh, i feel better now . . he he :lol:
It just sux that Kick idlers wont kick these people , only an admin can.

DARKMATTER

Re: Quit your takin and start walkin. . . . . . -rant-

Post by DARKMATTER » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:19 am

kortniechan wrote:I am so . . .so. . . . :evil:
I was so mad. When i jumped on the server last night it was full. But only two people where actualy playing.
Everyone else was standing around,
chatting ,
blocking doorways,
and even worse , people were running around just shooting at other players and shooting at walls and beeing complete asses.
This continued through 3 big maps , then i decided to disconnect.
Most of them had clan prefixes on their name so this would explain their like mindedness. But reguardless. . . It was ruining it for everyone who were trying to play!
If you have to chat go download AIM jerkoffs!

Ahh, i feel better now . . he he :lol:
It just sux that Kick idlers wont kick these people , only an admin can.
Heres another idea take names and post bad players Hey hermskii another section needed maybe called bad players??? then they can be kept track of

Dark

Ps what time was this and please remember to give a location as i am in the uk i need to work out time difference ty

twsted

Post by twsted » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:06 pm

CANT WE JUST GET ALONG :(

dani

Post by dani » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:09 pm

sure but only if people dont stand over the only ammo for the only guns we have in bird brain
:D

K

Post by K » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:26 am

:lol: HA HA ,
I dont know if tracking players is necessarily nice. But i was tempted to write down some names. Maybe i will start doing it, if i see them all too often being naughty. I dont realy know about this though. Its realy up to Hermskii on what to do on this subject. I mean the server realy starts to lag when there is a full house, so it is kind of lame that these people are not even playing. They are just stoping other people from joining the server. :?

twsted

Post by twsted » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:17 pm

i dont think we need any micro-managers in ut we are all ...ok some of us are adults...some are not , this is a game its posed to be ''fun'' ...its online an it also has the ability to chat to players, sure some of us talk more than others but i dont think its come down to us needing a ''cough'' babysitter''

DARKMATTER

Post by DARKMATTER » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:14 pm

twsted wrote:i dont think we need any micro-managers in ut we are all ...ok some of us are adults...some are not , this is a game its posed to be ''fun'' ...its online an it also has the ability to chat to players, sure some of us talk more than others but i dont think its come down to us needing a ''cough'' babysitter''
That depends on the players, a few months ago when hermskii had all the jumper maps on i guarentee you along with all the others that cried out for "cough"babysitters" you would off wanted the games watched more, nothing like trying to play a game with even 1 player in that is determined not to let others play, lets you get almost to the top of a difficult map only to shoot you off and have you start all over again to make you scream for someone to stop them instead, yea most dont need watching unfortunatly its always the one or two that spoil it for the mass.

Dark

twsted

Post by twsted » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:27 pm

Well from what I see...and I am fairly new to Hermskii server an to this whole monsterhunt format but it seems to me that Hermskii does this / run a server for fun an not profit and possibly paying for all this out of his own pocket ? and running it from his home, which I'm guessing he probably works like some of us or most of us.
I used to run a small DM server from my home and its hard to be here an with your family an work all at one time, thus finding say about 3 or 4 ppl or more to be here or playing on the server at most times of the day and night is tough thus it starts to seem like a job. And not to mention finding trust worthy people to do all this. I dunno maybe I'm making it more than it is :?:
At any rate I still like playing here an hope it all works out for the best .

DARKMATTER

Post by DARKMATTER » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:58 pm

This is one of the problems i was talking about Click Here
when you get someone in that only wants to spoil the game it sucks for all and hermskii couldnt be on all the time so he found a few good bods that could.

Dark

twsted

Post by twsted » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:23 pm

Well chatting an blowing people off ledges is like night and day,But all the same it is irritating if its ruining game play for those affected. So if people do chat in a game, what would be a suitable resolve to everyone... do it in a corner, make short talk, not full on 30 minute conversations? Or get your self Xfire http://www.xfire.com/xf/index.php Cause cutting it all together just wouldnt work for all purposes sake. Personally I dont care if your chatting, just do it somewhere in the game or map where it doesnt affect others and if your gonna do it for a prolonged amount of time log off the server an do it in messenger so someone else can join in and play

BTW this isnt just a 2 person debate, Anyone seeing this can surely add thier 2 cents and or comments . Cause 42 views and 8 comments means to me that the rest of you DONT care , thus talking about it is of no use :!: :evil:

Tha may sound a bit harsh coming from me but i dont want it to become a 2 sided affair , we just want better game play thus making it more fun for the end user :D

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Count me in!

Post by Hermskii » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:28 pm

Yes, I have a job and a family and run the servers from home at my own cost but it is my hobby. I enjoy this stuff to death and have been doing it for several years now. I have a great team of ADMINS wathing the server most of the time. To me, players can chat all they want to as long as they don't stand in the way and prevent others from completing their goal. I have put on several mods to keep players from having a fashion show standing around changing skins, I blocked most cussing and vulgar player names. I have a mod that prevents people from shooting others off ledges or into hazards. No one can idle for too long without being kicked automatically. I don't have a solution yet for making players not be able to block others though there is a mod that is out that will turn the offending player into a ghost that you can walk through if they stay in one spot too long. I'm looking at it and another mod that identifies players that vote to kick other players and broadcast it to everyone each time a kick vote is placed. This topic does matter but falls more in the area of Nameless' post about player ethics I feel. No post is a bad post either. In the end, the best defense is an aware admin team. That base is covered but it can't be watched 24/7. There will always be bad apples in the bunch. We mostly have big juicy sweet ones here luckily. Thanks all.
Last edited by Hermskii on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Post by K » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:02 am

twsted wrote:. . . Or get your self Xfire http://www.xfire.com/xf/index.php
I have used XFire before, but i could never get the chat to work in a UT game. Have you Twsted?

@Hermskii,
Yeah , i couldn't have put it better. . . . i warned it was a rant. :lol:

twsted

Post by twsted » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:12 am

kortniechan wrote:
twsted wrote:. . . Or get your self Xfire http://www.xfire.com/xf/index.php
I have used XFire before, but i could never get the chat to work in a UT game. Have you Twsted?
Yes i use it all the time .

I know this topic is a ''rant'' but usually rants turn into ''well i said this or that '' and blah blah blah ...like you to hermskii i also enjoy this game to death i also have endless files of mods and bonus packs and maps and other ut files that i have found and searched on google to the last page ...mostly dm stuff but none the less i guess you could say i came into it an went over board..lol and it all started as ' hey man ya should get this game n play with us after work''

So anyway I am a very vocal person off line and it seems to have followed me online and to here on this forum . My intention wasnt to step on anyones toes or ruffle anyones feathers with my last post .

Ok now im done ranting myself :twsted:

DARKMATTER

Post by DARKMATTER » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:38 am

Hey twsted rant all you want its better then keeping things bottled up also better to rant on here then in game :wink: on the chatting during a game i ask peeps to stand to one side i too am not that bothered about peeps chatting as long as its not the whole map the post i refrenced was to show how bad things got as hermskii says he covered nearly everything he can with mods to the game and has a few admins watching here and there for the rest.

Dark

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

yep

Post by Hermskii » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:48 am

Agreed DarkMatter. BTW, DarkMatter is one of these Admins I mentioned above as is Nameless_Entity, BlondeHottie, and countless others who have been avid supporters of my efforts for a very long time. Yo Twsted, Your comments aren't a rant a all. It is your opinion and I appreciate it very much. You and Kort are two people I can see will always fit right in around here. I know I speak for everyone when I say it's a pleasure to have each of you and your opions both here and on the server. How am I supposed to ever know that something needs attention if people don't mention it? See, it's all good. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii