The Noob

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
BiGbOsS
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by BiGbOsS » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:51 am

Insta is fun use to play on a server alot but it turned into a dm server and i got bored so i stopped going on the server. Now im rusty. MEAT your barking up the wrong tree supreme is as good at insta as you are in deemering :wink: lol if thats a word. Insta is a lot tougher then regular dm though i personally like the challenge insta presents. Thats my opinion though.
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

MEAT
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue

Post by MEAT » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:22 am

All I was saying was that Insta is an easy way out when playing MH.
One shot wonders turn into experts and MH maps then take only 5 min.
As for using Insta during a DM map I'm nothing special.

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes

C'mon MEAT

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:28 pm

C'mon MEAT. Your special. I think your special. Your shrink thinks your special. Your dog thinks you're special. Somebody married you. She thinks your special. Companies that send you bills think you're special especially when you pay them back late! See! Your special. But you are right. You in DM with instagib....you are not special. Hehehe
~Peace~

Hermskii

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:46 pm

Dang you Hermskii.
You almost had me thinking I was special. :(

Scify

Post by Scify » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:54 am

Hey Herm Deadman walking just post Redeemer Insanity today or wasn't last night .Image
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

{§ÎR}Írôn Chef

Post by {§ÎR}Írôn Chef » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:29 am

BiGbOsS wrote:Insta is fun use to play on a server alot but it turned into a dm server and i got bored so i stopped going on the server. Now im rusty. MEAT your barking up the wrong tree supreme is as good at insta as you are in deemering :wink: lol if thats a word. Insta is a lot tougher then regular dm though i personally like the challenge insta presents. Thats my opinion though.
99 insta and CTF brings the thunder! otherwise......not so much imho....they just go together for some reason can get the blood pumping !!

Chef

BoMbErX

Post by BoMbErX » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:55 pm

Yo whats up with Avatar every time i try to upload one it doesn't show up i was just wondering..... :?

Scify

Post by Scify » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:15 pm

I think you have send it to Herm.
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

BiGbOsS

Re: The Noob

Post by BiGbOsS » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:44 pm

WOW almost three years since i made this thread. And im still a noob!
Anyways major bump, i got my butt kicked in a deemer match on MEAT's the other day by the big guy himself (not hermskii) and i decided to revist this thread.
Lost of helpful hints and tips here from (who i think) are some great redeemer players.
Now i noticed there was already a thread about the sniper deemer, but only meat gave tips in it.
Anybody else? How does gameplay change exactly? Did you have to change strategies when the weapon was changed? (I havent played at MEAT's in quite a while :lol: )
or should i just stick with calling MEAT rude names and leaving everytime he hops on his own server? :lol:
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:18 am

I haven't been on MEAT's server in a really long time so I can't answer that for you but it is good to see you anyways. Funny, I was on CG tonight getting pounded by Mons Calp. It was still fun and I did win 1 game of about 4 or 5 and placed in the top half on all of the rest. I'd play at MEAT's server but I'm worried he'd be there and if not him then even worse, maybe some of Killer Klownz's Spider bots. Either way, my old heart just can't take it anymore. LOL
~Peace~

Hermskii

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:23 pm

BiGbOsS wrote: Anyways major bump, i got my butt kicked in a deemer match on MEAT's the other day by the big guy himself (not hermskii) and i decided to revist this thread.
Lost of helpful hints and tips here from (who i think) are some great redeemer players.
Now i noticed there was already a thread about the sniper deemer, but only meat gave tips in it.
Anybody else? How does gameplay change exactly? Did you have to change strategies when the weapon was changed? (I havent played at MEAT's in quite a while :lol: )
or should i just stick with calling MEAT rude names and leaving everytime he hops on his own server? :lol:
Glad you had a chance to play the new mod....and being that it's a new mod I'm just
as noobish as the rest of the pack. My only strategy is watch, wait and react.
Much like regular redeemer I'm not spraying & praying hoping to hit something.
Anyway, thanks again for playing and if you feel the impulse to throw out a rude name
or remark just do it...I can handle it and I promise not to complain.
...not like some cry baby regulars I know... :roll:

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 pm

MEAT wrote: Glad you had a chance to play the new mod....and being that it's a new mod I'm just
as noobish as the rest of the pack. My only strategy is watch, wait and react.
Much like regular redeemer I'm not spraying & praying hoping to hit something.
Anyway, thanks again for playing and if you feel the impulse to throw out a rude name
or remark just do it...I can handle it and I promise not to complain.
...not like some cry baby regulars I know... :roll:
I figured that out today as well, if you sit and wait for the others to run around it makes easy pickings :twisted: .
And i was just joking about the rude names :mrgreen:

Anyhow playing with and against MEAT today and playing against other players taught me a few things id like to share.
-The scope can be tricky- Sometimes there will be a wall in front of you that is too low to see when you zoom in with the scope, but this wall is high enough so that if you shoot your missile will hit and end up killing you. or the zooming in will leave an edge out of your sights and you might fall off the structure you are on.
-Spraying makes an easy target- If your spraying around the map it just gives your location away.
-Jumping over and ducking under missiles are helpful- in some cases more helpful then dodging around the whole map, and a lot less work. (Thanks MEAT for the help here)
The sniper deemer's missiles are fast- this is both good an bad it is easier to hit an opponent now to catch them off guard, but it is easy to be trapped as well. (Seems to me that the sniper deemer's missiles are more quite as well but that might be just me)
Find a high place thats open and has no walls around it- this is mainly for the sniper deemer since it has no guided missile. If you have a higher altitude then everybody else this is already an advantage, but if you also have nothing around for deemer missiles to blow up on then it is almost impossible for players to kill you.
For example MEAT found a structure in the middle of the map this morning that stood taller than most of everything, i let loose a barrage of missiles, but to no avail. Why? because there was nothing there for the missiles to impact on, so MEAT never got hit by an explosion.

There is some for now still learning, still getting better.
Thoughts?
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:00 pm

BiGbOsS wrote:Anyhow playing with and against MEAT today and playing against other players taught me a few things id like to share.
Find a high place thats open and has no walls around it- this is mainly for the sniper deemer since it has no guided missile. If you have a higher altitude then everybody else this is already an advantage, but if you also have nothing around for deemer missiles to blow up on then it is almost impossible for players to kill you.
For example MEAT found a structure in the middle of the map this morning that stood taller than most of everything, i let loose a barrage of missiles, but to no avail. Why? because there was nothing there for the missiles to impact on, so MEAT never got hit by an explosion.
Thoughts?
I'm actually still learning myself when it comes to Sniperdeemer.
Great thoughts/ideas there BiGbOsS...thank you.
But I will give you all one of my killing secrets and it pertains
to the higher platforms/structures.
You're right BigB, if there is nothing (wall or ceiling) for the missile to impact
or bounce off of, it is quite impossible to reach that person.
However, sometimes those higher structures are reachable. (I won't giveaway the maps)
The technique is to fire and space your missiles one after another so that each
one will explode behind the other. It's like dominos falling if that makes sense.
For example, the first missile will explode when it hits the wall...further out the
second missile will explode from the blast from the first...third from the second.
It's not an exact science but it does work in certain circumstances.

Thanks again BiGbOsS for playing and being a good sport... indeed you are getting better.
And it's like anything else in life...if you don't play you're not going to get better.
Learn from your mistakes, ask questions and don't give up.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:15 am

Yes, I use that "Domino" effect here and there also.
I mention a bit about it in a "How To Redeemer" page I have up, but more as a warning...
It can back fire on you if you fire too many in a row where the chain reaction comes all the way back to where you are standing. :|
Yep - I've done it! :oops: One of my problems! :roll:
I tend to blow myself up more than I get fragged by others. :shock:
IF I didn't frag myself so much, I would surely win at redeemer a lot more often. :lol:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777