8 maybe???

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

8 maybe???

Post by Hermskii » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:38 pm

I've been watching the pings and all and I think that as long as faster connections play, there shouldn't be any problem running 8 players on each server. I have set them both back to that setting while strictly maintaining the other network play settings. I may even add a mod that will block bad connections from joining based on bad ping or excessive packet loss. If I do end up using this mod, what should the max ping be that is allowed? What about the max packet loss percentage? Should I use both settings or just one?

I think a max ping setting should cover the bases by itself. That said, I think anything over 250 might be right but with 8 players now, that may be quite a few as 8 players per server is a total of 16 or 4 more than the total now. With 4 more players, that could jack up the pings some. Should I set it at 300 and work my way down? 350?
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:13 pm

I suggest 350 for CG and 300 for MHM. We know that the talented 56k'ers could always kick serious butt in CG despite bad ping. But with the BT jumping that exists in many MH maps, I know from personal experience that higher than 300 just makes the game too hard.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Hmmm!

Post by Hermskii » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:23 pm

I had not considered that about bad pings being able to play well at CG. Good point. I'm tinkering with the mod as we speak but haven't installed it........yet.
~Peace~

Hermskii