8 maybe???

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

8 maybe???

Post by Hermskii » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:38 pm

I've been watching the pings and all and I think that as long as faster connections play, there shouldn't be any problem running 8 players on each server. I have set them both back to that setting while strictly maintaining the other network play settings. I may even add a mod that will block bad connections from joining based on bad ping or excessive packet loss. If I do end up using this mod, what should the max ping be that is allowed? What about the max packet loss percentage? Should I use both settings or just one?

I think a max ping setting should cover the bases by itself. That said, I think anything over 250 might be right but with 8 players now, that may be quite a few as 8 players per server is a total of 16 or 4 more than the total now. With 4 more players, that could jack up the pings some. Should I set it at 300 and work my way down? 350?
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Post by K » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:30 am

Im not sure on those questions. lol
I think with the new mod you added 8 will be kool agian.
but i have a qustion of my own,
Sometimes i see the little bad connection icon. This happens very rarely. But this is a local cable thing? Why would my connection varry? what causes people to have high pings or bad connections?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Sorry

Post by Hermskii » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:57 am

Hey Kort, I'm sorry but that is way to big of a question to tackle. In short, the red Flag of lag is just a display that pops up as soon as you are getting less than the required packets to play or even maintain a connection on a UT network game. It depends on everything actually, from your connection speed to the server you are connected to, to how much traffic is on your segment of the internet and all sorts of other stuff. It goes long and deep as far as reasons go. Other player can even effect your connection. that is all I'll say for now. I'll try to show you some links that can also explain it. I'll post them later here. Later.
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Post by K » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:37 pm

I think trafic is the biggest, I need to document when i'm seeing it .
Its probly right when all the kidies get out of school.