Lag Monitor

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Lag Monitor

Post by Hermskii » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:51 am

I have installed the Lag Monitor Mod on CG and MHM. It works like this:

If you connect to CG with a ping higher than 300 or packet loss of more than 5%, you will get warned that you will be booted. Soon after, if your ping or packet loss % hasn't decreased beneath the 2 standards mentioned above, you will get kicked. The end!

MHM works the same way exactly except that it's max ping is set at 250. I think this will properly address the many complaints I've had over the months concerning ping killers showing up and ruining the game for everyone.

I personally haven't seen this mod take action against anyone yet but I don't think it tells the rest of us when it does so please pay attention to it every time a high pinger comes in. Let me know if they get kicked or not. I think it takes a total of about 45 seconds before it takes any final action and kicks a player.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to do. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

OK

Post by Hermskii » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:56 pm

After several request to remove entirely or relax the settings to LagMonitor, I have done the later. Please continue to give me feedback concerning this mod. Keep in mind that majority take the hit when a player with a bad ping joins. I don't mean the 56kers either. I mean the 56kers that are connecting to the internet at 24.4KBPS and are trying to online game from Russia! I'm not trying to single out anyone but I feel that the needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the few. Extra efforts have been made to ensure that everyone gets the best gameplay that is possible.
~Peace~

Hermskii

LePoLoo
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by LePoLoo » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:42 am

Herm,
I tested CG yesterday after my fishing week end and it worked great !
I usually have a 200/220 ping but that time, don't know if it is lag monitor, but my ping was about 180 and never went increasing madly.

More : I never saw the red ethernet red tag ! :D

I was afraid that my usual over 200 ping could have the bad effect to get me kicked immediately !... Nothing like that happened : I'm really glad of this ! :P :P :P
Too much lag ? go fishing...

}<(((((°>    }<(((((°>         }<(((((°>   }<(((((°>     }<(((((°>             }<(((((°>       Image

Hermskii
Site Admin

Yeah!

Post by Hermskii » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:40 pm

Great!
~Peace~

Hermskii

SoReal
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by SoReal » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:24 am

Since you relaxed it a bit, works great for me!! Thanks

SoReal
"The buddy system is essential to your survival; it gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at!!"

Hermskii
Site Admin

Official Hello

Post by Hermskii » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:08 pm

Well well well! Hello Soreal. Glad to have you here and posting. Glad you like the relaxed settings too. I'm amazed that people can even play sometimes with the bad connections they have being high pings and over 5% packet loss. They must be really dedicated or bored I guess. LOL Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii