5i1ent/3ob

Please introduce yourself here. Follow the directions in the sticky named "Hermskii"
MEAT

Re: 5i1ent/3ob

Post by MEAT » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:57 pm

And my fan base grows... 8)
Don't hate the player hate the game.
It's fun being the best... :P

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 pm

OK damn it! If you posted here but haven't started your own thread here yet to welcome yourself here even if you have been here years already, I want you to do it. Read the top post of this thread again. I wrote it over to explain the idea of it. Now do it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

{§ÎR}Írôn Chef

Post by {§ÎR}Írôn Chef » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 am

BOB!! you old trickster! good to see you back in action!! good to see you here ! :D how the he!! are you ??

Take care bud !

Chef

5i1ent/3ob

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi Chef!!!!!! :D Man, you and I go back a few years. Talk about old school lol. Fantastic to 'see' you again....brings back good memories.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey SB, we probably used to play - in fact I know we did way back.
I have played you a few time more recently also.
You really reamed my arse LOL! :P
I haven't the patience to "learn" all the tchniques - I just love playing!
Oh PS: we still run an OLD skool server at CMM.
In fact it is the very same bloodline as SRA! :D
(got the mod from Hermskii from the original SRA) :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

5i1ent/3ob

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Oh PS: we still run an OLD skool server at CMM.

What!?! Really?? Where and what is CMM? I'm there!
TY!

5i1ent/3ob

/3ob the human lol

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:02 pm

I'm a 51 year old ex-Marine and I think the Corps attitude is just a part of who I am anymore.
I live in Daytona Beach, Florida, have a smoking hot wife of 22 years and a wonderful son, Jordan.
I've been a working musician for most of my life. I play a few instruments, but the guitar and violin are my main stays. When I'm not working that side of the business I am a lighting director for hire and run the shows for most of the major acts that come this way. I recently ran the Edgar Winter, Boston and Bellamy Brothers shows. In some regards I like LDing as much as I do playing. Still creative but with less tension and hassle.
My folks never cared for my musical interests and were quick to convince me that I better have a 'real' job too, so I own Baker's Violin Rosin and sell violin rosin world-wide. We were recently reviewed in both The Strad and Fiddler magazines and that really helped get the word out. We've been swamped ever since.
We make the only rosin in the world with a money-back guarantee and are one of only two companies in the world who make rosin the old way, from the live tapping of trees. All the others have turned to using Sylvaros, a by-product of the paper industry instead of fresh colophony (sap).
If you're a violinist give us a visit - http://www.bakersrosin.com
I'm a pilot and I love to fly. I only have my GA and am not instrument rated yet, but I don't do any night flying so VFR (visual flight rules) is ok with me for now.
I have a wonderful plane called a Sadler Vampire. It's a single seat pusher and basically a sports car with wings.
The Vampire can take 8g's positive and 6g's negative, so it's a sturdy little stunt plane and can dish out more than I can take really. It's not uncommon to come back from a flight and have the whites of my eyes blood red for a day or two. It's my favorite toy though because it's like owning a roller coaster that you can design and redesign at will. Unfortunately, I live in class-C airspace so I have to deal with ATC anywhere I go and it's hard to have fun and do that at the same time. We have a lot of air traffic here so I usually gear up and fly out over the ocean where I can do what I want without getting into trouble.
I have all sorts of hobbies and interests. My wife would tell you that I have way too many of each. I like anything to do with science. I like photography/videography a lot too. I have a pre-post production studio and utilize Newtek Video Toasters for CGI and 3D animation. The studio is a leftover from another business I had that finally ate me alive and I had to give in.
Lately my excitement is about Pearson Guitars. Don Pearson out in AZ has designed my own signature model guitar and I'm really excited about it.
He took my input (no matter how weird) and designed a guitar that I think is perfect in every way.
I currently have the first 3 proto's and now that the bugs are gone, Don's ready for production. Any guitar players here?
I like guns (go figure) and have won a couple Winchester sponsored championships for target and speed draw. I think guns are interesting tools and there's just something about the mechanics of them that turns me on.
I never thought I was going to live past 30...just a built-in instinct I had as a kid, so my goal early on was to take in as many life experiences as humanly possible. Obviously my instinct was off a bit as I'm still kicking, but I'm glad I did it the way I did because I've had a great time so far. I like to say that I've done everything once and the easy ones twice lol.
I used to be a sailing nut and had a 42 foot Doug Peterson built in Taiwan with the notion of sailing it back to CA and selling it for a huge profit. Long story shot, got caught in typhoon Irma and ended up stranded of the coast of the PI. It was supposed to take 12 days to go from Taiwan to the PI and it took 28 days to make it. That experience was pretty much the end of my long-distance sailing as it turned out to be more work and fear than fun and pleasure.
I'm happiest when I'm creating, so I'm always building something or trying to invent something. Of course, I take pics of everything I do so every disaster is well documented.
I smoke and collect tobacco pipes. I have about 300 in the collection at present. I like all sorts, but have fallen into a meerschaum mood lately and find myself smoking them exclusively.
I had a heart attack about a year ago and that's what lead to the pipe smoking. I was looking for a way to get off cigarettes. It didn't work and now I freaking smoke everything. Yeah everything...have owned a bong since I was 15 :) I like to say that I'm just not a quitter...it makes me feel better:)
I UT on a fairly basic computer with a really good connection. 2.01 processor, 2 gig RAM and an old Gforce 128 meg video card. It works well enough so I'm happy with it, but the dual cores are looking mighty attractive. What I really need is more computers so everyone else will leave mine alone!
I like kids a lot. I think they're the best things we humans do. I took control over Jordan's rearing the day he was born and even in-home schooled him from pre-k to high school. Raising him has been my favorite life experience so far.
We take in kids that need a fair shake and although it's often a nightmare, the emotional rewards make it worth doing and then some.
If the world is going to change for the better it will have to begin with how our children think and conduct themselves.
I hope to open a boy's ranch some day and then I can have all the kids I want. I figure it better be a boy's ranch because I really don't understand little girls. I love em, but I just don't get em.
Ok, other than I'm really ugly I guess that's about it.
I just wanted to humanize a bit. I got the notion from MEAT really. When I read that he was a golf instructor it made him seem very human and real to me and it felt pretty good as I was beginning to think he was a computer:)

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:39 pm

CROSSBONES MISSILE MADNESS by HOOK :arrow: 74.33.99.160:7757
Plain Old Telephone Service

5i1ent/3ob

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:15 pm

CROSSBONES MISSILE MADNESS by HOOK :arrow: 74.33.99.160:7757
TYVM! See you out there!

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Hook's is a fun mod.

We need more players there.

See you soon!

Fuzz_Ball

Re: /3ob the human lol

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Wow!
What an interesting life.

I feel like such a slug now.

5i1ent/3ob

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:52 pm

I feel like such a slug now.

Ah you don't strike me as the slug type. Besides, you only heard about the interesting parts. There's plenty of other parts that suck lolol.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Planes run in my family - but alas not for me (yet anyway)
My dad was a NAVY test pilot - my mom had done some flying in the NAVY also.
I took ground school and one lesson - then my wife and my mother talked me out of it.
(because my dad crashed as a test pilot back in 1959)

Maybe someday I'll get back into it! :?
Last edited by Hook on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hook

Post by Hook » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Fuzz_Ball wrote:Hook's is a fun mod.

We need more players there.

See you soon!
Holy Cow! :shock:
I think everybody just went there!
Just noticed a bunch of players on CMM!
I may have to join them! :P

5i1ent/3ob

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:24 pm

Maybe someday I'll get back into it
I think you're going to have to. It's clearly in your blood so you may as well not fight it.
Although flying feels sort of seat of the pants at first, it does start to feel like something you're in control of and becomes second nature. Typical GA flying is probably safer than a trip to the store really. I screw the odds up a little the way I choose to fly, but to me there's a fine line between living and being alive. At the same time, most ppl don't feel the urge to push an airplane and just being up there is nice enough. So, you simply must go back to flight school and finish up. There does come a time when we become too old to fulfill some dreams, so get to em while they're doable. I'm already getting too old to fly aero and my heart sure hates it.
Here's a pic of mine, SV008 from my web page. Have a look and then the next time you're close to FL come fly it. That'll get you going again! - Image