POTS

Please introduce yourself here. Follow the directions in the sticky named "Hermskii"
*POTS*

POTS

Post by *POTS* » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:11 pm

I'm writing this, since the original post and my first account have been deleted during the Spambot War by accident.

Hi all, I'm POTS, which is an acronym, it stands for Plain Old Telephone Service. I've finally decided to join this community thanks to The Supreme One (formerly known as Supreme Nali). I've started playing UT in 2002. I was part of the italian KBM clan, not a member though. Here's a list of some servers I've been playing so far:

[BIG] Sniper Arena (dead, replaced with a clone without support for redirect)
Javafrag Tally-ho! server (dead, a prototype of MH, played in standard DM maps)
Basler Quaker DM servers (120% gamespeed DM servers, dead)
Truff's DM servers (dead, somehow replaced with Multiplay UK servers)
Truff's MH server (my very first MH server, dead)
The =]DoG[= Pound - Standard Maps (an assault server, still alive)
#### destination MonsterHunt #### (still alive, formerly known as |BAH| MH server)
and last but not least, all {HOH} servers :D

Now I rarely play on public servers because they're full of jerks and lamers and I'm sick and tired of them (quoting David: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1251).
That's all, I think.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Re: POTS

Post by gopostal » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:31 pm

Pots, what ever happened to Truff? They ruled the UT world at one time, then just went -poof-

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:32 pm

I've been looking for an answer and here's it:
Hermskii wrote:Truff's is shutting down all of her servers. This is bad for UT lovers everywhere as she ran a tight ship. She cited personal growth type reasons for stopping after 3 1/2 years of flawless service to the UT community.

I never played on any of her servers but I knew of them for a long time now. I hope she does well with herself in her future. If her server service is any indication, she has it made!
Hermskii you rule! I've always thought Truff was the name of a clan and they suddenly vanished like many other clans. So Truff was a lady and a server admin?! It's sad she suddenly stopped her work. Truff's servers were cool. :(

[Edit]
Someone told me about a year ago there was an admin on Multiplay UK named Lover. Could it be...? :?
Also if you take a look at Multiplay UK servers sometimes you can still found a [Truff] member...

[Edit #2]
I've found the original message:
Unhappy The End of Truff Unreal Online Gaming
The admins and members of the Truff Community are very sad to announce that the servers and community will close at the end of May 2006.

The reasons for this are many - financial, personal and ultimately the declining popularity of what is now a 7 year old game.

However, we'll be here for a few more weeks so let's make the most of the time we have left. Truff's has been a great achievement for all involved and we've had some amazing times being a part of it.

Thank you to everyone who over the years have contributed in terms of time, money, techincal expertise, organisation, enthusiasm and fun. You made it what it is.

http://www.truff.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4354

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:39 pm

I can see quitting. Running a group of popular servers can quickly become a major job. Do it for a couple of years and burnout would be a factor.

TY for the lookup. I always wondered what the reasoning was. Looks like it was just too much trouble.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:48 pm

Yeah. Running servers sucks and is expensive unless you are me. Then it is fun and pretty cheap and easy usually once you finally get the damn thing working right. Truff's was a huge name in the UT community and a major loss.

I hope to run my servers and have all of the servers that are associated with {HOH} run long into the future. Originally HOH was supposed to be about Redeemer Mod servers only but I had a MH server too that I wanted to grow since it was taking off by itself anyways. CG was old and stale for me at the time so I focused on MHM much more. CG is about to start getting more attention again too I'm glad to say.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Ice

Post by Ice » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:58 pm

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

theres your welcome :P

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:13 pm

I can feel your spontaneity, Ice. Image Thank you! Image

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:16 pm

*POTS* wrote:Everybody's late and I'm still waiting for my welcome. :evil:
Welcome, *POTS*!
Good to have you here :wink:

Happy now? :twisted:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Yes I am, my goold old BonFire pal. :P

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi POTS!
I thought I welcomed you before but what the heck:

Welcome again - Nice to see you taking a Redeemer whooping this weekend!

Please get used to it. I sure haven't.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Thanks Fuzzy! :D
Fuzz_Ball wrote:Nice to see you taking a Redeemer whooping this weekend!

Please get used to it. I sure haven't.
Well I think the so-called Loop of Poop doesn't fit me. :lol:
There were too many redeemer masters all together. :shock:

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:52 pm

sorry for my lateness but WELCOME POTS!
i remember long ago when you 1st started playing on MHM we used to have good conversations and used to mess around alot trying to get to the high out the way places
with shock boosts and various other boosting methods :lol:
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:02 pm

*POTS* wrote: Well I think the so-called Loop of Poop doesn't fit me. :lol:
I fully understand. Loop of Poop occurs mostly on the smaller maps and you're almost guaranteed to never die from a direct hit. A topic of intense debate, here.

You are less likely to get the Poop on the bigger maps which is why I also like to play on the Klownz and MEAT's sites. It's more of a hunting experience - unless Klownz or MEAT have your number. :evil:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:18 pm

Hahahaha! Yes, the debate rages onward. It almost always depends on how you learned to play. If you learned on RVH or MRS then you prefer the hide or hunt method. If you learned on CG you run and gun or hide and glide. While keeping maps small mostly I did add several large maps to the cycle. DeadCity was about as big as I got for years. The regulars hated the hide or hunt method. It was too slow for them as it is for me now but back then I preferred it and I even eventually made another server with nothing but big maps but my connection could never handle it and so it had to go away. Anybody recall a server by the name of Curious George's Redeemer Playground or something like that? I ought to look back through the archives and find all of the names of all of the servers I've ever run. That would take years though. Forget it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:14 am

The Supreme One wrote:sorry for my lateness but WELCOME POTS!
i remember long ago when you 1st started playing on MHM we used to have good conversations and used to mess around alot trying to get to the high out the way places
with shock boosts and various other boosting methods :lol:
Hey Supreme, you're always welcome! :D
Yes, I remember the "Magical Adventures" saga with Me, you, Reggie and sometimes BigBoss and others. The metal box rock climbing in Arden, the magic flying book in Ortican, the rocket jump almost everywhere and so on. Ah the good old times! :mrgreen:
I miss the 5,000 points max health limit in MHM. :(