Hello

Please introduce yourself here. Follow the directions in the sticky named "Hermskii"
iTzKaotic
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Hello

Post by iTzKaotic » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:38 am

So i am not computer savy at all, so when you tell me to unzip files i do not know what that means at all. Sorry for being difficult i have no knowledge of computers at all trying to learn it all now. But since i have the game downloaded from DISC i have been using that instead of steam. I have been going into the game of the year edition, i have 4 game options to choose from when i click on the game to start up. I have been using the factory settings for UT since my pc can be set up for really good graphics. By the time i hear back hopefully i will have everything done that you are telling me to do. Gonna ask a few buddys that know about computers to see if they can help. Thank you guys again for helping me out it really means alot!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

iTzKaotic

Post by iTzKaotic » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:38 am

So i am not computer savy at all, so when you tell me to unzip files i do not know what that means at all. Sorry for being difficult i have no knowledge of computers at all trying to learn it all now. But since i have the game downloaded from DISC i have been using that instead of steam. I have been going into the game of the year edition, i have 4 game options to choose from when i click on the game to start up. I have been using the factory settings for UT since my pc can be set up for really good graphics. By the time i hear back hopefully i will have everything done that you are telling me to do. Gonna ask a few buddys that know about computers to see if they can help. Thank you guys again for helping me out it really means alot!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

iTzKaotic

Post by iTzKaotic » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:41 am

EvilGrins wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:55 am
iTzKaotic wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:45 am
EvilGrins wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:29 pm
Hi John.
Hey how's it going?
:mrgreen:
Eh, you know... pandemic.

That's really the only answer I have until it's over.
i hear that. It really needs to be over

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:45 pm

Let us know if your friends were able to help you out. I won't be able to take the time to teach you all of the computer stuff you may need to know to follow these directions but the steps are fairly easy in the computer world. You will have to do some research.

Here is a video on how to unzip a file. Please also look up how to zip up a file and you should find out also what it means to zip/compress / unzip/decompress a file. It sounds hard but it is really actually very easy to understand. You've seen those things that suck all of the air out of pillows and sheets so you can store more of them in a small area. Same concept practically. A zipped / compressed file is just a file that has had all of the fluff coded to be removed and then restored when unzipped/uncompressed. I hope this makes some sense.

It is a good thing to know well because you will use it in your usage or a PC.
~Peace~

Hermskii

iTzKaotic

Post by iTzKaotic » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:48 pm

Was able to get it done thanks again man!! Now its time to try an get the monster part done lol

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:50 pm

I sent you a full step-by-step instruction set with pictures and everything to install MonsterHunt right? If not, let me know.
~Peace~

Hermskii

iTzKaotic

Post by iTzKaotic » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:06 pm

I do not have the emails anymore for some reason, if you could help one more time. I still have the MonsterHunt503_UMOD Zip folder on pc. if there is anything else that i need just let me know, also i am able to get onto your server that i wasnt able to before.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:33 pm

Use this link:

http://hermskii.com/files/How_To_Instal ... _Patch.zip

Let me know if you have any issues. Good luck!
~Peace~

Hermskii

iTzKaotic

Post by iTzKaotic » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:01 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:33 pm
Use this link:

http://hermskii.com/files/How_To_Instal ... _Patch.zip

Let me know if you have any issues. Good luck!
So the file i have that you sent me was the UMOD 503, had 2 items in it the patch, an one leading to a browser. Do i need to click on the browser part first to download then download the patch on top? just making sure im gonna do this right

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:54 pm

I will need to clarify that for future use. The MonsterHunt UMOD is the Original MonsterHunt mod 5.0 and the MonsterHunt patch is called MonsterHunt 5.03 Patch. You will install the Original MonsterHunt UMOD first per the directions.

When that is totally done, then you will follow the directions for the MonsterHunt 5.03 patch.
~Peace~

Hermskii

iTzKaotic

Post by iTzKaotic » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:54 pm
I will need to clarify that for future use. The MonsterHunt UMOD is the Original MonsterHunt mod 5.0 and the MonsterHunt patch is called MonsterHunt 5.03 Patch. You will install the Original MonsterHunt UMOD first per the directions.

When that is totally done, then you will follow the directions for the MonsterHunt 5.03 patch.
So i already have the patch for the original monsterhunt mod 5.0, i do not have the original file, im currently looking up online to see if i can find that same file then i will be able to complete everything

iTzKaotic

Post by iTzKaotic » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:54 pm

i have the original file on my pc, but for some reason when i try to open the Explorer web browser file its not letting me open it, the only files in that folder is the original and the umod 503

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:21 am

That is right. If you have the game installed, then all you need to do is run the MonsterHunt UMOD 5.0. when it is totally done, then follow the directions to install the MonsterHunt 5.03 patch. Very easy. Explorer web browser has nothing to do with any of this.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:55 am

As you have a plain install you should bare in mind a few things.
If you need a CD key you don't have the final version of UT because the need for a key was removed.
Make sure you have installed the final v436 NODELTA patch if you did need a key.

You will only be seeing half of the total amount of hosted servers because the main UT config lists old obsolete masterservers.
You need to edit the file "unrealtournament.ini" and replace the dead web addresses with working ones.
Instructions here -> http://333networks.com/instructions
(the mastersevers are listed in the UT config in 2 places. Change both sections or just the second section further down the config.)

Your previous issue with textures crashing the game is likely because you installed the compressed textures from CD 2 (or with a map from somewhere else) but did not enable support for compressed textures in the game ini file (it is off by default and is not an option in the game menus).
The original video renderers in UT were made for DirectX 5 - 7 era graphics cards (Windows 95/98) which also cannot display modern larger alternative textures now available.

Hermskii pointed you at the old update for cards that use DirectX 9. If you have an AMD/ATI or Intel graphics chip your should use the actual DirectX9 renderer which is available on the authors page https://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
The OpenGL renderer for UT does not behave properly with AMD graphics cards, and the GFX memory on your card will be ignored.
Intel disabled 2 hardware 3D functions so they use software emulation.

Note: if you are using a laptop, the RAM in the PC will be shared with the GFX chip so the AMD issue stops being an issue, so either renderer is fine.
There are also newer renderers for modern GFX chips that use DirectX 10 and 11
Windows dropped hardware support for below DirectX 10 since Windows 8 (maybe earlier) so you must run the DirectX 9 installer from the Microsoft site to add HW support back.
If you use Steam on the same PC and have installed older games with it, there is a good chance you have already installed the required files.

If you have an HTML file you can't open, then it is either corrupt or not an HTML file.
There is no such thing as an Explorer web browser file, so you either mean a shortcut to a web address, or a saved web page.
Whatever your default web browser is will claim ownership of any web type links and files.
As Hermskii says, ignore it as it is not part of the mod that is used. it will likely just be extra info.
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

iTzKaotic

Post by iTzKaotic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:44 am

Dr.Flay wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:55 am
As you have a plain install you should bare in mind a few things.
If you need a CD key you don't have the final version of UT because the need for a key was removed.
Make sure you have installed the final v436 NODELTA patch if you did need a key.

You will only be seeing half of the total amount of hosted servers because the main UT config lists old obsolete masterservers.
You need to edit the file "unrealtournament.ini" and replace the dead web addresses with working ones.
Instructions here -> http://333networks.com/instructions
(the mastersevers are listed in the UT config in 2 places. Change both sections or just the second section further down the config.)

Your previous issue with textures crashing the game is likely because you installed the compressed textures from CD 2 (or with a map from somewhere else) but did not enable support for compressed textures in the game ini file (it is off by default and is not an option in the game menus).
The original video renderers in UT were made for DirectX 5 - 7 era graphics cards (Windows 95/98) which also cannot display modern larger alternative textures now available.

Hermskii pointed you at the old update for cards that use DirectX 9. If you have an AMD/ATI or Intel graphics chip your should use the actual DirectX9 renderer which is available on the authors page https://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
The OpenGL renderer for UT does not behave properly with AMD graphics cards, and the GFX memory on your card will be ignored.
Intel disabled 2 hardware 3D functions so they use software emulation.

Note: if you are using a laptop, the RAM in the PC will be shared with the GFX chip so the AMD issue stops being an issue, so either renderer is fine.
There are also newer renderers for modern GFX chips that use DirectX 10 and 11
Windows dropped hardware support for below DirectX 10 since Windows 8 (maybe earlier) so you must run the DirectX 9 installer from the Microsoft site to add HW support back.
If you use Steam on the same PC and have installed older games with it, there is a good chance you have already installed the required files.

If you have an HTML file you can't open, then it is either corrupt or not an HTML file.
There is no such thing as an Explorer web browser file, so you either mean a shortcut to a web address, or a saved web page.
Whatever your default web browser is will claim ownership of any web type links and files.
As Hermskii says, ignore it as it is not part of the mod that is used. it will likely just be extra info.
I have already downloaded what i needed to help with the graphics, like i have told him before idk anything about PC's. The file was a shortcut for a web broswer i didnt word it correctly. All i am trying to do at this time is down load the files i need for the Monster Hunter, i have everything else done. I barely play on alot of servers, i mainly play on DOU server. Was having problems getting into Hermskii server but that has been fixed since i redid everything up until this point. He has been emailing me for a bit now trying to help out. I had problems on my end i had to fix an lost the files ive downloaded before i started talking to him.