CTFM-XV-Wilderness

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

CTFM-XV-Wilderness

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:55 am

I was already having this map updated with pathing (Nelsona) & a better skybox (Anubitek) for an XV edit when Buggie added turrets to the XV package, which seemed ideal considering how this map was originally setup.

What we have here is a fairly massive map with simplified elements, with 4 not at all symmetrical bases. Layouts of each team's respective territory is different as well, and there's some neutral elements too.
Originally intended for Infiltration, I replaced some of the machine-gun placements with turrets. There were 9 of those, but having 2 turrets to each base effectively makes it not approachable at all, so each team has 1 turret and 1 helicopter.

I replaced the 9th with a UTDMS (Bob) just for the ever popular random element.

There's some distortion BSP issues near the Blue Turret...
...but no BSP holes so it's just gonna look a little funky around there for a bit when you're passing through.

Originally I had the smaller of the tanks on the map, but as I tend to play primarily with bots I noticed some issues there. Both in that the tanks kept getting hung up on the trees and bots in tanks kept trying to get on the turrets anyway, which caused them to explode. Briefly tried removing all of the trees, but no matter how many builds I did after that it caused far more BSP issues over a much larger area... so I opted to not go there.

If anyone can find a way around that, this map would be excellent for Team Deathmatch with tanks.

Might even try that edit myself, later.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures
.png - Pwetty
.txt - original mapper's ReadMe

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uw01d8f7 ... erness.zip

You can get Xvehicles here · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936 · which you need to make this work!

If you don't have any of the CTF4 gametypes...
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/169182.html
...you can get them there.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: CTFM-XV-Wilderness

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:26 pm

Hey EG,

The map name escapes me right now but do you recall the DM Map where there is a Titan at the bottom of a tube you have to fall through properly not to die. Once you land, the Titan talks all sorts of smack and throws rocks at you. If I recall, he call you out by name and invites you down for a good whooopin. Yes, that is without the g at the end kind of whooopin.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:20 pm

DM-Titania.
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... f82f0.html

It's the same kind of Titan I've mapped into CTF games.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:01 pm

He was very exciting at first. I struggled to keep the map on because he cussed and we had kids on here back then but my kids know all of the best bad words now and plenty more. I've relaxed significantly since back then but still prefer a clean game. I was really let down when the UT2004 came out and they had the "Holy Sh*t-it-it-it" thing. It was not needed. I can't imagine how many parents heard that and took the game away from their kids right then. I cuss like a sailor being a sailor and I love cussing. Cussing should really just be an adult vice.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:09 pm

I loved that potty mouthed titan. Whoever scripted his patter did a brilliant job. I recall that your nephew Jester showed me that you could telefrag him. One time he accused me of cheating when I got him that way. :lol:

Btw, you could use parental controls in UT 2004 to shut down the swearing, I believe.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:58 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:01 pm
He was very exciting at first. I struggled to keep the map on because he cussed and we had kids on here back then but my kids know all of the best bad words now and plenty more. I've relaxed significantly since back then but still prefer a clean game. I was really let down when the UT2004 came out and they had the "Holy Sh*t-it-it-it" thing. It was not needed. I can't imagine how many parents heard that and took the game away from their kids right then. I cuss like a sailor being a sailor and I love cussing. Cussing should really just be an adult vice.
I tend to not swear around kids, even kids of parents that're friends that swear around their own kids, but as you may recall from that one Face map I edited for you a stretch back... what that Titan says is customizable.

Configuration for all UTDMT-monsters - https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/98908.html
a nameless entity wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:09 pm
I loved that potty mouthed titan. Whoever scripted his patter did a brilliant job.
His name's GorGor, originally made for Unreal1. He also made Warlords & SkaarjBerserkers like that... but sadly no Queens or Behemoths.