TMH-RobotFactory (Beta)

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
*POTS*

Re: TMH-RobotFactory (Beta)

Post by *POTS* » Mon May 18, 2009 1:16 pm

Wow you guys have reached the turrets and the final boss, you're lucky, I've spent almost all of my lives killing the darn red players that started attacking me, and the health regeneration has stopped working. Is that a sort of penalty? :roll:

Anyhow I totally agree on the TeamCannons, they're too powerful.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Vatcilli
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Vatcilli » Mon May 18, 2009 5:31 pm

gopostal wrote: The cannons have to go. It's not fun, it's just frustrating. As tight as the action is they can't miss and they deal way too much damage. Maybe slow the fire rate and reduce damage if you want to keep them, or make the entrance area below the point a damage zone controlled by the switch. That way you take some damage getting up if you dont control it but you can still make it.

I'll let you know about the end when I can get past the dang turrets :evil: :evil:
That's the point, you don't HAVE to get past the turrets.. They are only really dangerous if you attempt to capture them, otherwise in a straight run for the door towards the next area novice bots can make it. (I know because I tested it)
I think I will however reduce their damage..
Next time you play I'll join and see how it's possible these cannons give you any trouble at all O.o

-Edit-
Never mind, I found the problem and I can tell you, it was all a misunderstanding, I noticed for some reason the side doors refused to open, this probably had you thinking you had to conquer the cannons to have the doors open, it has been taken care of. Under normal circumstances the only reason why you would want to own the turrets would be to prevent the opposing team from snatching the ripper/Health keg. you hardly ever get hit by the turrets unless you're trying to gain control over that area when under the control of the enemy.
It's truly a nice night, On nights like these I feel like drinking blood.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon May 18, 2009 6:52 pm

That's what happened then. I was on Blue and thought I had to conquer that. Still I'd reduce the turrets. You have monsters, opposing players, and the map architecture to keep from killing you. Turrets are just too much and distract from the great map.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon May 18, 2009 11:24 pm

So does this mean the map will get re-released with a new version number behind it in its name?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Tue May 19, 2009 7:31 am

well, no, I already took note of it releasing it as B1 (Beta 1) The next will be B2 (Beta 2) The official release will just be TMH-RobotFactory without the stuffix.

Also, Postal while I won't remove the turrets as the point of them is opposing the other team. I Do though agree that they are a bit on the powerful side so I will move them slightly so that if you take the normal route you will hardly be bothered by them at all. (Although I still have to add that I myself never got hit by them more than maybe once every three runs.. Maybe it's more difficult if you have server latency to worry about. Ah well, as I said I'll make them less of a threat.

Current fixes applied:
Reduced team cannon damage slightly.
Decreased teamcannon field of view against players greatly.
Increased speed at which the side doors open so the cannons are less dangerous.
Added Flak ammo and minigun ammo to the boss room.
Fixed crushing door becoming invisible (Hopefully).
Increased fatness and skin of cyborgs based on the strength of their weapons.
Removed the automag and replaced them by enforcers.
Decreased boss health by 20%
Map renamed to TMH-RobotFactoryB2 to avoid mismatches
Last edited by Vatcilli on Tue May 19, 2009 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue May 19, 2009 7:56 am

Al it sounds like I'm harping on some big issue, but it's not that way at all. Your maps are always fun and new. You aren't afraid to try things and make ideas. So many maps are box-to-box so it's incredibly cool to play ones that have ambience. Factory has that. From the start you really feel like you are there. Great sounds added, lots of little decos, it's all just very well done. PLEASE don't feel like I am nitpicking. I'm actually anxious to try the map now with player damage removed. It might very well balance out enough.

Whatever happens, you keep making these. Dec24th is my favorite MH map of all.

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Tue May 19, 2009 8:19 am

Make no assumptions Kelly, Unless you're a really good team player, trying to take over the upper ground when it is in enemy hands is still going to get you killed, I only made it so that it's now easier to avoid getting into a fight with the cannons.

New fix added: Reduced the variation of projectiles for the cyborgs and their appearance.

Normal cyborgs: Razor blades with 4 times normal life span
Gold-skinned Cyborgs: Rockets
"Cyborg Elite" (The ones that shout "I'mma firin' ma lazor!" upon seeing you): Energy bolts

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue May 19, 2009 8:39 am

Any chance of you releasing the cyborgs as a monster? If we only knew someone who ran some sort of website where monsters were kept locked up, kind of like a monster prison or storage so people could get them to use in projects they were working on...

I played the map a couple more times offline and I get your point about things. I think what happens is that the map suffers from "TMH-itis". THM is a fun gametype but as soon as you let players kill players, it's all they will do. Nearly every TMH map I have ever played when public players were involved degenerated into total DM within a few minutes. I'm not sure it can be fixed as it is.

I had spoken with timmy about this but he was hesitant to work on it. I think his plate is full. Perhaps we should address the issues with an extension mod? I think the gametype could be fun but it needs to key more on the "race" than the dm.

Guys lets try a couple of the maps with the player on player damage removed and see if the gametype plays better.

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Tue May 19, 2009 9:49 am

Yes, it's quite strange, People aught to realize it is not a good idea to kill the other team, your score will suffer (-5 points per player it was) and in the end the winner is the team with the highest score, it is true you get a lot of points for reaching the end, but if you spent all the game killing the other team it is still not going to do it.

The team cannons on the other hand can damage players of the other team without penalties.

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Thu May 21, 2009 9:59 am

Okay, RC1 out.. Get it while it's hot ;)
TMH-RobotFactory.zip
One final notice, try to play this map as an Team monsterhunt map, not a team deathmatch one or you'll never make it, remember you get penalties for killing other players.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu May 21, 2009 1:59 pm

V I will update the map on the server and while it is busy this weekend I'll force the map a couple of times and see how it plays out.

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Wed May 27, 2009 6:37 am

TMH-RobotFactory is final!
Heres the download.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vatcilli on Wed May 27, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed May 27, 2009 10:24 am

Nice map overall, but it can be really misleading, I lost most of my lives trying to go through an area it turns out only led to the redeemer... :roll:

I really like the idea for the boss fight too, as long as his eye lasers dont have insta strength :shock: :)

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:00 am

I'm not a huge fan of the TMH but was wondering if there was a standard MH version of this map?

The crazy bot is an old model for ut99. I used to have it.