TMH-RobotFactory (Beta)

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Vatcilli
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: TMH-RobotFactory (Beta)

Post by Vatcilli » Thu May 07, 2009 6:18 am

I find them very useful TBH, you deserve a medal bOsS :mrgreen:

Also, did anyone test the map yet? :roll:
It's truly a nice night, On nights like these I feel like drinking blood.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu May 07, 2009 6:58 am

I will tonight Al. I wanted to finish the last beta of Village last night to let it play for a few days. I'm looking forward to seeing where you went with it. Haven't seen it since the first couple of rooms.

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Thu May 07, 2009 7:04 am

Thank you, Some feedback is definitely Appreciated :)

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu May 07, 2009 7:05 am

If you feel like it's server ready I'll toss it onto MHMIII.

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Thu May 07, 2009 7:07 am

Well, I think the BETA is Server ready.. Would be good to see if it does not crash on a real server :D

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu May 07, 2009 7:21 am

OK, I'll get it put on this afternoon (my time). I'll let you know if there are any problems.

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Thu May 07, 2009 9:32 am

Does MHM3 run TMH Now?

im going to test it probably tomorrow because i wont have time today, and tomorrow morning i have an AP test so tomorrow afternoon hopefully.
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri May 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Finished to test your map off-line, Vatcilli. It really looks awesome! :mrgreen:
Ok who is the author of the custom cyborgs? The flying robots remember me Descent...
I've noticed you've also added bot support, very good. I also enjoyed the hidden redeemer and all of those "Derideal" pictures, but the final boss monster is simply crazy, I had to use an instagib to knock it down. :D

Anyway here are some minor issues I've found:

One of the objective menus is too long and can't be scrolled down

The "grinding door" appears partially invisible sometimes

The boss robot at the end of the conveyor belt might have an odd behaviour sometimes if shot with explosive weapons

One of the Automatic Cannons can be destroyed!

Finally, a "smart" player can use the "dumping hole" of the conveyor belt as a shortcut. Is it supposed to be so?

That's all I think, hope it helps.

[Edit]
I forgot these ScriptWarnings:

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk0 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:0025) PlayAnim: Sequence 'WingIn' not found in Mesh 'impbotchunk2'
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk0 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:004E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk0 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:007B) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk0 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:00E3) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk0 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:00EB) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk2 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:0025) PlayAnim: Sequence 'WingIn' not found in Mesh 'impbotchunk2'
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk2 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:004E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk2 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:007B) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk2 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:00E3) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk2 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:00EB) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk3 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:0025) PlayAnim: Sequence 'WingIn' not found in Mesh 'impbotchunk2'
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk3 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:004E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk3 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:007B) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk3 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:00E3) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk3 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:00EB) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk4 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:0025) PlayAnim: Sequence 'WingIn' not found in Mesh 'impbotchunk2'
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk4 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:004E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk4 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:007B) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk4 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:00E3) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AruganJunk1 TMH-RobotFactoryB1.AruganJunk4 (Function Botpack.UT_Grenade.PostBeginPlay:00EB) Accessed None
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Fri May 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Very nice and thorough work there POTS. Remind me to never send you a map until I think it's perfect.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri May 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Yes, I know, I'm an evil betatester. :twisted:
Well, to be honest, this map is more than a beta, it looks like a Release Candidate to me. :wink:
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri May 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Al, I'll fix those accessed nones on the impbots if you want. It was an animation that wasn't assigned (sorry).

Scify

Post by Scify » Sat May 09, 2009 1:22 am

Is this Flaw? Image

Crazy Bot
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Sat May 09, 2009 5:21 am

*POTS* wrote:I also enjoyed the hidden redeemer and all of those "Derideal" pictures, but the final boss monster is simply crazy, I had to use an instagib to knock it down. :D
I know, It's impossible solo ;)
*POTS* wrote: One of the objective menus is too long and can't be scrolled down
Try the small red arrows just above and below the text ;).. Timmy made them.. Hard to see
*POTS* wrote: The "grinding door" appears partially invisible sometimes
Ugh, been trying to tackle that bug for ever.. I'll get it somehow!
*POTS* wrote: The boss robot at the end of the conveyor belt might have an odd behaviour sometimes if shot with explosive weapons
I'll look into it.. but I got to say I don't have much knowledge of scripting.. GoPostal?
*POTS* wrote: One of the Automatic Cannons can be destroyed!
It was intentionally so.. Actually many can.
*POTS* wrote: Finally, a "smart" player can use the "dumping hole" of the conveyor belt as a shortcut. Is it supposed to be so?
Again, Intentional shortcut, but you will miss the pulsegun (Which all monsters are weak against) and lose 200 health.
*POTS* wrote: I forgot these ScriptWarnings:
I don't think it's dangerous. It's because the grenade has some useless animation the "junk" mesh does not have..
Not sure if it can be fixed.
*POTS* wrote: That's all I think, hope it helps.
Thank you! I'll see what can be done :D

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Sat May 09, 2009 5:24 am

Scify wrote:Is this Flaw?
Yes, the flaw is called "UTJMH" Has nothing to do with the map, just shows health ammount over every monster in the map.
Scify wrote: Crazy Bot
[/quote]
Hmm, can you tell me exactly what's crazy about it?
I got to admit the minigun looks out of place.. I tried to make it invisible.. Did not work too well.

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Sat May 09, 2009 6:11 am

I love the crazy bot.
~Peace~

Hermskii