TMH-RobotFactory (Beta)

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
gopostal

Re: TMH-RobotFactory (Beta)

Post by gopostal » Sat May 09, 2009 7:34 am

Scify wrote:Is this Flaw?
Scify you are using a special version of the MH trans I coded that can be used on non-UTJ servers. When you equip the trans, it applies a locator hud that lets you find the monsters much like UTJ, with the exception this will see through walls.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat May 09, 2009 7:41 am

*POTS* wrote: The boss robot at the end of the conveyor belt might have an odd behaviour sometimes if shot with explosive weapons
I'm on it. What is it doing POTS?
*POTS* wrote: I forgot these ScriptWarnings:
Yeah its only an annoyance and a suppressed server will never see the warnings. I can't believe I didn't find that in testing. I'm quite sorry and embarrased.

Al I apologize for not getting this on the server. I had a suprise call from my Father. He is flying in for a three day visit this afternoon so I have had to scramble to get ready for it. I may not be around much (or at all) this weekend but I'll get on this first thing next week.

Scify

Post by Scify » Sat May 09, 2009 8:04 am

Yes,I was in case there any jump .
Robot had bad case of Shake.
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat May 09, 2009 8:46 pm

gopostal wrote:
*POTS* wrote: The boss robot at the end of the conveyor belt might have an odd behaviour sometimes if shot with explosive weapons
I'm on it. What is it doing POTS?
Never mind, it was me using an overpowered weapon against him, so he got stuck on the wall. :|
Plain Old Telephone Service

Scify

Post by Scify » Sat May 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Door close you can walk through door.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat May 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Vatcilli wrote:
*POTS* wrote: One of the objective menus is too long and can't be scrolled down
Try the small red arrows just above and below the text ;).. Timmy made them.. Hard to see
Already done and it doesn't work, because on long messages it gets stuck before the end of the message. The only fix is to reload the whole message. It's not your fault here, I think it's a problem with the TMH mod and the characters max limit.

Vatcilli
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Vatcilli » Sun May 10, 2009 4:56 am

Scify wrote: Door close you can walk through door.
You mean it lacks collision? Thanks I'll fix that!
Scify wrote:what's this
A Unreal tournament Trophy decoration, Thought it would be funny to put one in
*POTS* wrote: Already done and it doesn't work, because on long messages it gets stuck before the end of the message. The only fix is to reload the whole message. It's not your fault here, I think it's a problem with the TMH mod and the characters max limit.
Hmm.. Odd, I may look into it if it happens in other resolutions.. For me it worked just fine :|
It's truly a nice night, On nights like these I feel like drinking blood.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun May 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Vatcilli wrote:
*POTS* wrote: Already done and it doesn't work, because on long messages it gets stuck before the end of the message. The only fix is to reload the whole message. It's not your fault here, I think it's a problem with the TMH mod and the characters max limit.
Hmm.. Odd, I may look into it if it happens in other resolutions.. For me it worked just fine :|
Ah yes, I forgot to tell you I still use a pathetic 800x600 resolution... :roll:

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Mon May 11, 2009 6:24 am

I feared that would be the case.... I'll add that detail in the readme.
Also I fixed the problem with the invisible thrashing door, and made the other door open faster from the inside out so it does not look like you walk through it.. now fixing bot support. Gopo if you did something about the code you can leave a message her on MSN but you don't really have to, it'd just be nice ;)

thanks for the feedback! If you find more, please report :D

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon May 11, 2009 9:50 pm

Vatcilli, please remind us what we are also trying to help you with here. I'm too lazy to read from the beginning. Did your original issue ever get addressed?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Scify

Post by Scify » Mon May 11, 2009 9:54 pm

I can't get past Arugun.I am not very good player. This is much as I can test.

Scify

Post by Scify » Wed May 13, 2009 12:08 am

Hermskii wrote:Vatcilli, please remind us what we are also trying to help you with here. I'm too lazy to read from the beginning. Did your original issue ever get addressed?
Vatcilli want somebody to test his map.Vatcilli want somebody find any flaws and other thing.I love rbots and other monster.
VERY good Vatcilli,Gopo and others who work on maps. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Vatcilli

Post by Vatcilli » Wed May 13, 2009 5:52 am

Scify wrote:I can't get past Arugun.I am not very good player. This is much as I can test.
It's no wonder really, Arugan was not made to kill solo. He's a tough boss.

Hermskii wrote:Vatcilli, please remind us what we are also trying to help you with here. I'm too lazy to read from the beginning. Did your original issue ever get addressed?
Scify wrote: Vatcilli want somebody to test his map.Vatcilli want somebody find any flaws and other thing.
That's it yes.. I think most flaws are taken care of, I'll release the final as soon as possible :mrgreen:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon May 18, 2009 8:50 am

Al, we have played your map several times now. I mention this stuff with full admission I will never map half as well as you, so this is just me talking as a player.

Good:
Visually stunning. Very nice ambiance, good theme throughout. Nice layout with obvious pathways. Quality work as you always do. Love the peek-throughs to the other side. Also it's the only conveyor map I know of. Very cool.

Neutral:
Monster are a bit tough for one or two size teams. Not sure how to address this. I set health to 400 and still had trouble getting close to the end with two member team.

Bad:
The cannons have to go. It's not fun, it's just frustrating. As tight as the action is they can't miss and they deal way too much damage. Maybe slow the fire rate and reduce damage if you want to keep them, or make the entrance area below the point a damage zone controlled by the switch. That way you take some damage getting up if you dont control it but you can still make it.

I'll let you know about the end when I can get past the dang turrets :evil: :evil:

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Mon May 18, 2009 9:52 am

gopostal wrote: I'll let you know about the end when I can get past the dang turrets :evil: :evil:
I defeated ANUGAN (I believe it was), but it's taking way to long to kill it.

About the other things in the map I completely agree with Gopo.
The turrets are fine but they need to be less powerfull.