New Andromeda Map?

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
*POTS*

New Andromeda Map?

Post by *POTS* » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Hey guys, today 3 joined us on MHM3 and he told me the folks at Excalibur Holland are about to release a new MH-Andromeda map.

Maybe a_nameless_entity knows something more about this? :?
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: New Andromeda Map?

Post by Hermskii » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:24 pm

I have heard similar things recently and am waiting to see what happens. Sadly, I thought the version I ran was recent. I know many of you tried to tell me other wise but I'm old OK.

The other amazing thing is knowing that I think everyone knows I'll be running UT way longer than everyone else, you'd think the mappers would bring me their stuff here for sure but I'm wrong. I thought Andromeda ran on MHM before anywhere else. I think NR2000 hasn't been here in over a year.

I understand fully that many other servers are far more ambitious than mine and aggressively upgrade at every chance but it just isn't my style and I'm sure that hurts the hurts the server but it does not hurt me. I feel just fine! I think the server feels fine too.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:27 am

Hermskii wrote:I'm old OK.

The other amazing thing is knowing that I think everyone knows I'll be running UT way longer than everyone else, you'd think the mappers would bring me their stuff here for sure but I'm wrong.
Ditto and Ditto! :roll: :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:15 am

It's not so much you or MHM Herm, it's the more way things are done now. You see almost no collaboration maps or clan/group map projects. Everything is done by individuals in the last year or two, including most of the mod releases I've been seeing. This sort of thing lends itself to in incredibly fast turnover expectation when it gets server tested. SevenTests is a good example of that. There were refinements of the map made at nearly a daily rate, and there is just no way you have time for that, nor I'm guessing inclination either. It's somewhat a catch-22. You much prefer final, fully tested versions but mappers have trouble getting to there without having a server to test on. I think this is why you see mappers gravitate towards other servers when it comes to development. It's no offense to your longevity, you just do things your way.
In the end I think it's respect for your slow-to-change style that keeps people from submitting projects and finds to you more than they do.

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Since the "cat is out of the bag" now, I guess/hope I am free to comment. 2k was a bit reluctant a few days ago to announce what is going on.

First I should say that Nr.2000 is always tweaking his Andromeda map(s). It is a standing joke that they will never be completed. He is always tinkering with them, fixing "brushes" or bsp holes that no one else would ever notice or find, changing this or that, redoing entire sections on occasion, etc.

Originally it was one huge map. Later it was split into two pieces. Currently it is on its way to becoming a three map set with a revised story line. 2k remarked the other day to Chico of Excalibur Holland that "map #3 is 60% completed."

3 is apparently pushing for a Co-op version of the map set so that he can run it on his server. Going by what I have seen so far in the latest version Beta 14 maps, they are certainly worth translating into the Co-op format. They will be among the finest of the entirely original creations that have made Co-op such an interesting version of UT.

I have only worked my way through both maps rather thoroughly once. And I had a lot of team mates with me. These are not maps that can be easily done alone. I think you could, but it would take a lot of time. So bring some friends, and go have a look at the changes that have taken place. You will be amazed and delighted. 8)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:52 pm

For the record; as usual, I DID NOT let the cat out of bag. I played along as not knowing anything as is posted above.
~Peace~

Hermskii