MH-Highway Chase

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Prowner

MH-Highway Chase

Post by Prowner » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:05 pm

I am so close to finishing this one, and this will actually be my first map completed. :lol:

The theme is: you're on this HUGE semi-truck with a flatbed trailor (a midget flatbed trailor...) where lot's of cars, helicopters and jets fly next to the truck carrying monsters that start to shoot at you. Once you kill all of the monsters in the vehicle, it will move back and the next wave will begin. I finally have the really big trucj finished, so now I can continue to work on the waves of the vehicles. Inside the truck you will find weapons, pick ups, ammo, hard to get weapons (sniper rifle is the only one) so you can go and fight through all the waves to get picked up by a huge helicopter and finish the map! I would send photo's of the truck, but I'm almost done so I don't want to spoil it. :wink: :mrgreen:
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MH-Highway Chase

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Neat idea, and sounding quite intense. I only hope you can handle all those movers without it bugging out. :wink:

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Yeah, it sounds intense, but I only hope I can make it intense. :twisted:
Anyways, I finished the first wave:
Wave 1: A helicopter full of 20 brutes start shooting at you from the side.
Wave 2: A hover car pulls up and Skaarj Scouts jump out of it onto the truck and you must fend them off.
Wave 3: A jet flies over the truck dropping Mercenaries.
Wave 4: 2 hover cars pull up one containing Skaarj Infantry and one carrying Ice Skaarj.
Wave 5: 2 Helicopters and a hover craft pull up, helicopter one containing behemoths, helicopter 2 containing lesser brutes, and the hover craft containing Skaarjlords.
Wave 6: A jet flies over the truck and drops a Queen.
Wave 7: 2 hover cars and 2 helicopters pull up, one hover car carrying Skaarjberserkers, other one carrying Skaarj Assassins, both helicopters contain behemoths.
Wave 8: A jet flies overboard and drops Mercenary Elites.
Wave 9: 2 hover crafts with barred edges contains a Titan and a Stone Titan.
Wave 10: 5 Warlords appear, each with extra health and shoot their own projectiles, and you fight them ALL at once! :twisted:
It hopefully will get intense!
It's DEFINETILY gonna be hard!! Don't fall off of the truck while shooting at monsters.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:49 am

I like the idea and the truck looks pretty nice too.

For the monsters, I think 2 helicopters for each new monster would be better for the gameplay, it's now pretty easy.
Maybe even 3 when using pretty weak monsters (brutes don't do much with their standard projectiles).
Lets say you're with 3-6 people and everyone shooting at only 1 helicopter, would mess up the nice idea of the map.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:25 pm

That's a great idea! I'll be sure to fix that! So I guess there's never going to be just one vehicles with monsters in a wave. But with the jet, I'm just gonna keep that as 1 flying over, but instead of dropping 12 mercenaries it will now drop 18. :wink:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 pm

I like the fact this map is different than the others. The helicopter and the "hovercraft" things in particular, those look like a lot of work with movers, triggers and stuff.

Just two things:
1 - Please fix the elevator inside the truck, I hate when lifts/doors/etc can crush you;
2 - Get rid of that "Player" pawn inside the cellar, if someone kills him you'll have to face a ghost player shooting at you
Plain Old Telephone Service

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Alright, I'll take away the pawn and put a Mercenary instead, and I'll make the elevator go back if you might get in it's way. :wink:
Thanks for helping me correct it. :)

landmaster

Post by landmaster » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:31 pm

ya it is in fact a very fun map to play. i really enjoyed playing it. its pretty chellenging to. over all i really liked it

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:35 pm

This is my first glance at LandMaster so I'll say Welcome to the show to you. We are glad to have you here.

About the map, is it "officially" done?
~Peace~

Hermskii

landmaster

Post by landmaster » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:03 pm

thanks, actually I'm pretty sure he has adjustments to make to it, a few flaws and weird glitches but it should be done in not too long. last time i went ot his house he was pretty far on it and I'm pretty excited to play it when he is fully done with it :mrgreen:

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:30 am

Biggest issue at the moment.......... Dispatcher / Creature Factory / Spawnpoints / Counter combination issues...
It's making NO sense to me, and I really hope a good mapper can look at it.

The issue is that Wave1 is perfectly fine, but Wave2 has the hovercars pull up and it spawns the monsters from Wave2 AND Wave4!! What's up with that?! Wave3 is fine, it completely skips Wave4 saying that it's completed and goes to Wave5, which is where I'm halting until I can get this friggin' thing out of whack.

What my theory is, is that Wave2 and Wave4 use the same car trigger in the dispatcher, so EX: Wave2 triggers - Car1 and Car2, Wave4 also triggers - Car1 and Car2, so it might have some weird thing with the dispatcher reading the cars being triggered on both dispatchers so it triggers the next event. That's just a theory, so I hope EA manages to somehow show up, maybe Hellfire or Supreme could fix it, but until that happens, I will start working on a "Temple Puzzle" map. So hopefully someone can fix it because I've already restarted all the Waves from scratch 3 times and it still does the same thing, so I've had it! I really want to make this the first map I ever submitted and completely, but I'm not able to complete that task until I can fix this damn thing. :evil:

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:01 pm

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has over-reached on a first map and is now hitting problems :P

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:51 pm

I can attempt to help you with your issue BIO, but since I'm having my own issues, your issues might overpass mine to more complex stuff. So what's your "beef?" :lol:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Hmmm? Mapper stuff huh? Looks like I need to go mapper hunting soon to get us some help.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:47 am

Speaking of hunting, (WARNING!: this next sentence has nothing to do with "hunting")

You should add a:

Code: Select all

-.-
Face, something like

Code: Select all

:sigh: 
That would be awesome! I would use that smiley frequently! :D
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:
There may be 22 of these things, but more would be more convenient! :P