is there a tutorial where i can learn to make single player.

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Wildwolfzz
NoMoreSpam: Silver

is there a tutorial where i can learn to make single player.

Post by Wildwolfzz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:10 pm

is there a where i can learn to make single player maps for unreal tournament 1999?

*POTS*

Re: is there a tutorial where i can learn to make single player.

Post by *POTS* » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:03 pm

UT99 does not officially support single player maps as far as I know, however you can still find some co-op servers where you can play single player campaigns online, or install the OldSkool mod which gives you full support (mostly loading and saving maps) for Unreal and SP maps.

As regards tutorials, you may want to check out this website, since it's the top spot for Unreal and SP related stuff:

http://www.unrealsp.org/
Plain Old Telephone Service

Nelsona

Re: is there a tutorial where i can learn to make single player.

Post by Nelsona » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:46 am

Not support official but you can trigger it to support.

More exactly as I know there are simple things to do:
- Call the game-type at LevelInfo - UnrealShare.CoopGame (an example) - this is in map;
- Fix your UT if isn't fixed in registry (I mean to link UNR extension with UT99 and with the place where is installed);

Default game-type declared usually in UnrealTournament.ini is DeathMatchPlus but if you have a map with LevelInfo correctly declared, the game will start with the call for the game that need to be played. (Anyway I changed my ini with UnrealShare.CoopGame - you don't want to see how many MH maps are starting as CoopGame because of missing declarations at LevelInfo)

As an aditional note:
A guy posted once a stupidity in a forum about a MH map where the bots tried to kill him. I'm agree ! Since MH wasn't declared at LevelInfo, map was launched as a default DeathMatch even named MH-____ because was "very very hard" to add at LevelInfo MH game-type by author. And this is happening even in 2011.