MH-Gollum][

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MH-Gollum][

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:35 am

I suspect the trailer released for The Hobbit, which if you haven't seen you really should go find it, got me in the mood for this. Went looking for this, didn't realize I already had the monster in my systems folder. I swear, there really should be some kind of utility that can scan the system folder and tell you what monster packages you have...

...somebody get on that, okay?

I'd never fought these little buggers before so I didn't know what they could do. Other than skulk around and make really weird sounds, it turns out they have a fairly powerful projectile blast and they can jump really high! More often than not, they jump and then attack, making for some interesting combat situations.

The jump is, in real world terms, between 30 feet and 45 feet...if I'm any judge.

The monster is a conversion of the Gollum player model, it has full team colors so I divvied the maps 6 creautre factories up to get them all on the map. Their projectile attacks are team color effected, so we're talking a full range of Christmas colored lights coming to kill you. For some odd reason when it dies it loses its skin texture.

I just whipped this up, using the MH-Santa][ map as a template. Swapped the weapons for some of the NW2 ones, switched some of the map textures.

I'm still monkeying around with it.

Does anybody know if it's possible to put a standard voicepack onto a monster? I've got a Smeagol voicepack that'd go well with this monster.

I know the USSMC marine monster has a voicepack of sorts.