MH-Purgatory(finished beta)

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MH-Purgatory(finished beta)

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Terraniux wrote:And how about "MH-Purgatorium", is that a proper english word?
I looked it up in our dutch dictionary and it is real word. Is this also in english Evilgrins?
Apparently not:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Purgatorio

Although Purgatorium sounds good. No rule says it has to be an English word.

It's kinda like my passwords. To make them harder for people to accidentally stumble over I choose words from mythological references. Most of my passwords are in Norse, Celtic, and a few obscure languages.

Maybe crack open a book of mythological sources, given the theme of your map, and see what other ancient religions named the waiting room between Heaven & Hell. Although, gotta say, with all the pentagrams on your map it looks more like Hell than Purgatory.

I'd think the Greek religions, the ancient Olympians, might work well. Heaven (Elysian Fields) existed side by side with the Underworld, ruled over by Hades. There was no "purgatory" per se... but I think there was a waiting room of sorts for them.

Sorry, got carried away.

Nelsona wrote:speaking about monsters I can revert attack, more exactly Monsters will hunt players in all map if I'm enough mad.
So you keep saying but I want proof. Make an MH map with these hunting monsters. Let's see if they're all that!

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:52 am

EvilGrins wrote:So you keep saying but I want proof. Make an MH map with these hunting monsters. Let's see if they're all that!
I keep it for me as I said before. There are retarded mutators meant to stop monsters and are ruining A.I. People will say: This is bad map, in fact will be a bad mod. I have more tunes in my mod. If I made some mapping with purpose only for my mod like already others did maps for certain X or Y comunity I'll bet will be useless for them because I know to ruin other's party (map will work only with my mod) if they stole my dedicated-for-me stuff. For monsters attacking players and to run with the most of MH mods need to be only friendly classes not a soup of monsters in map or else they will be busy to hunt themselves not the player (+2000 points for me - this isn't happening in my mod - YAAAY !).

Also let's return to this one and to speak about tutorials. Exist a tutorial in how to set up some armed Skaarj to not mess-up weapon in default MH without troubles ? I'll bet not.

Apart from default games, MH has small flaws which can be avoided by doing settings.

- AlternatePath - not works (is not any description in codes) so do not confusing MH with CTF or any default;
- FortStandard - also can miss (more chances) and is useless;
- Flag - In some mods will spam with Timer errors - is not a MH stuff.
- SkaarjTroopers - good ideea to not spawn them later, and just to have them in map with small settings changed - will be better to NOT LET OLD CRAPPY WEAPONS AS THEIR INVENTORY - better find weaponry from MonsterHunt and I'll bet they are armed without problems.

If you don't believe me about old weaponry, start a dedicated server (not local play) with game-type UnrealShare.CoopGame without any mutator and load a map with OLD stuff. Join to server, if you picked-up an old weapon try to fire. OOOPS !! Not works ? Why people is using that stuff ON-LINE then ? - Answer: They are just noobs. Thanks to some wise decision Shrimp replaced them in MH to not mess up the action, but this is a bad ideea for Skaarj. My advice is to get rid of old stuff because is just a trouble-source in this case. These informations exist in tutorials ? I'm not sure.
I think in other section on this forum I'll post a start-up line for a dedicated server to test stuff from a certain map. So, any mapper can see what he just did and all errors related to pawns used or weapons used. Might crash that server ? Great, means others servers might crash too.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:47 am

@ Nelsona:
Since I have never been succesfull when it comes to bothpathing, I think I'll keep it this way.
As long the bots are moving and help the player kill the monsters then all is fine. I never played with bots seriously and never will. The only gametype that 9/10 UT players in the world like to play with bots is Capture the Flag, and maybe Deathmatch too. Ofcourse there are exceptions such as the gametype: Evilgrins :mrgreen: hahaha (nothing offensive haha ;) )

@ Evilgrins

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Then I'll just stick to the name: MH-Purgatorium.
Great, thanks all! Now I can work on a final version :mrgreen:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:01 pm

Is it just me or can anyone else tell that Terra has grown up lots in the last year! Good job managing your feelings Terra.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Hermskii wrote:Is it just me or can anyone else tell that Terra has grown up lots in the last year!
He does seem taller.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:38 am

And I also don't want nothing offensive, but, as Mr. Hook said, once learned some A.I. tricks will be a pleasure to work with such stuff. Even is about Monsters not only Bots. Bots are just a half of party. If you have tutorials I suppose you might handle this, right ?

Skipping A.I. part and looking in other direction: CHECK your movers. Triggered once and ReturnWhenEncroach = Map Break is some cases (only thanks to mutators order is restored). That sound (music) indeed crashed my party with Kira. Is not necesary to have dead triggers doing no event and even anounced something opened which not exists. CollisionRadius of triggers need a little love (there are issues in CrystalMine3, AfterDark, and here too). Put some BlockAll in certain places to avoid unwanted boosts turning action in a bad different way (in Afterdark I was boosted high and I launched Mantas before to trigger Crystals, also I killed the most of Skaarj much before to be trapped - Laughing sound made me laugh - nobody ambushed me, they were already dead - also imagine a guided redeemer in this case - when a door is meant to close something do not leave other holes). As you can see, you have to fix issues left.
And keep in mind: I handled this job with ruined BlockMonsters - so, I need a bigger challenge :mrgreen: .

I just noticed these because I'm not the only one who observed them.

For design - I think you are in firsts places - good looking maps, no BSP (I didn't noticed such things) - your design is somehow triggering to battle (I say AWSOME or is just on my taste, I don't know exactly the terms).

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:48 am

@ Nelsona,
Ok, I will do as you say, even though I really don't care about bots -- I still must keep in mind that other players do appreciate good bot support. Great tips! :wink:

@ Hermskii

Well let's just say that I have put my stubborn behaviour on a second place. It is time for me that I should listen first to others advice and then what my brains says. I had also some lovely times in nature and enjoyed life finally a bit. I have some really nice pictures taken on my phone that sure could be used as wallpapers. And now I realise that evil must be ignored in order to find inner peace. And that's were I am currently working on. Focus on the good and let the other things for what it is now.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:58 pm

Looking good! :D
Of course we may need a DM version hint hint. :roll:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:06 pm

This is an FYI:
just found out the LTMbyTerraniux.umx package has been encoded at 16 bit, 21050 Hz

I'm no expert, but that sampling rate is quite unusual, and it could be the cause of those crashes related to the Galaxy driver.

You might consider recompiling the package at 8 bit, 22050 Hz instead.
Plain Old Telephone Service

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:53 pm

*POTS* wrote:This is an FYI:
just found out the LTMbyTerraniux.umx package has been encoded at 16 bit, 21050 Hz

I'm no expert, but that sampling rate is quite unusual, and it could be the cause of those crashes related to the Galaxy driver.

You might consider recompiling the package at 8 bit, 22050 Hz instead.
He knows, he's getting to it supposedly:
http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... =6541#6541

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:41 am

I think the source of the errors are some bloody typos I made, or having selected the wrong format while thinking it was the correct one. All problems should be fixed in the next version, which will be completed today or tomorrow. One day my mistakes will be forgiven.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:16 am

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:31 am

Terraniux wrote:New updated version:
http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... opic&t=366
You should look into getting a mediafire account. If it wan't for the fact I've got an account on Destination Unreal I wouldn't be able to download that.

Unless you're logged in none of the forum's download links appear.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 pm

EvilGrins wrote:
Terraniux wrote:New updated version:
http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... opic&t=366
You should look into getting a mediafire account. If it wan't for the fact I've got an account on Destination Unreal I wouldn't be able to download that.

Unless you're logged in none of the forum's download links appear.
Getting a mediafire account while having a complete website http://crystalunreal.com? with tons of free space left? :mrgreen: U must be joking.But your right, next time i'll post the direct download link.Here you are: http://crystalunreal.com/MH-Purgatorium.rar

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm

I thought you abandoned that site a stretch back due to drama.