Redeemer Assaults

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Redeemer Assaults

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:48 am

Given the amount of flak and teasing I've gotten, mostly good natured, about editing so many versions of Kaal979's rather controversial MonsterHunt map... the irony that the first time I put out a Deathmatch map that is also an edit of one of his maps is not lost on me.

Whole idea started because Hook and MEAT both looked at screenshots of the many time edited MH map and both, separately, came to the conclusion it'd be great for a Redeemer Match, something they're both rather fanatical about. I decided to track down the original map the MH was based on by asking Kaal himself about it. Took some doing, he is not an easy person to deal with, but I managed to get ahold of it.

I originally edited one map for Deathmatches, either for complete redeemer battles or just normal gameplay. While I was making it I got a few other ideas, both for it and possible other maps, and now have 3. Most of which I fully admit has to do with my desire for superhero skins.

DM-Assault][ · desert themed, playerbot with an Iron Man skin, and my favorite redeemer in the dead center. My fave redeemer may or may not be an option in a redeemer match depending on which redeemer mutators are used.

DM-Assault]I[ · a bit more green and gray, no playerbot but there's a Skaarj on the map. This beastie can survive multiple redeemer blasts and kill just about anyone in one hit but has no energy attacks. There are 8 redeemers on this map.

DM-Assault][Flash · bit more of a drab feel in colorization, only one mound where the playerbot starts. I removed the other mounds for running room, the playerbot is skinned like The Flash (DC comics superhero) and I've kicked him as to much of that character's power as possible that it's not to unfair a fight. He's so fast he shot a rocket at me in testing and ran past me before the thing hit me; I was too stunned to moved.

I still cannot map on my own so I apologize for the skybox on this map. I did what I could but it was that shape when I got it.

All maps in one .zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/?didc7cn5y7ox8oa
Ready for weekend play!

Screenshots:
DM-Assault][
DM-Assault]I[
DM-Assault][Flash

EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver