MH-Purgatorium

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Terraniux

MH-Purgatorium

Post by Terraniux » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Hermskii, can you edit my current map-topic with this? Then this topic can get deleted
The edit button is not present for me in the mapping section.

MH-Purgatorium

Size: Large, but not huge.
Adviced players: 4-8
Version: [FINAL]

Fix-list General Main-version:
  • Rebuilded certain areas
  • More monsters
  • Fixed sounds and Music
  • New areas with secrets
  • New intro
  • Certain bugs with gates and trips soved
  • Warlord is very strong now
  • Ammo placement is kept the same way, somehow I liked it this way
  • Screenshot MyLeveled
  • Certain decoration added/changed
  • And some more things, you'll discover when you play it. :twisted:
Fix-list Final version:
  • More monsters on some places and other health.
  • Warlord´s properties changed and setup. (Is weaker (HP) now, but also stronger.)
  • New skybox
  • Music song added.

Download:http://crystalunreal.com/MH-Purgatorium[final].rar

Terraniux

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MH-Purgatorium

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Is this what you wanted?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Hermskii wrote:Is this what you wanted?
?

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:53 pm

I named this topic like you wanted me to right?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:29 am

Yes, but I what I acutally ment is that there are now 2 topics with the same project. Which is unnecessary. Please copy / past the content of what is in this topic to the old one (only the first post) so this temporary topic can get deleted. In the existing topic there is no edit button. Or users must find it not disturbing to have 2 same topics :P

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Alright, since I had some spare time I took another look at this map.
Not sure you're interested, but here's my opinion anyway.

First, the good things:
- the architecture and building, map looks very well built;
- the performance, since even on an ATI/AMD GPU (which seems to not like UT too much, especially those areas heavy on polis, dynamic lights, coronas and fog, compared to NVidia GPUs) I haven't experienced any noticeable framedrops;
- basic bot pathing support, since it is good if you wanna use relics and other mutators;
- the theme, as well as the gothic feeling of the map
- the angel sounds no longer crashing UT

Second, those things I didn't like much:
- maps needs a sniper rifle in my opinion, unless it was meant to be for dU only, since there are tentacles in a lot of sneaky spots (i.e. ripper tentacles in the church), and it's hard to hit them;
- the references to yourself (ok I know it is your map and all, but I can count a statue of yours, another secret in the graveyard with your name, and I'm pretty sure you mentioned it somewhere else), since they look redundant;
- the background music (it's a matter of tastes here, so don't mind this, but I would have probably used some piano/classical song, Castlevania style);
- bots still messing with the movers

As a side note, I probably missed some other secrets, guess will have to look deeper into that. That's all for now, the map is better than the old beta.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:00 am

A summary before playing delivered by server:

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: InitGame: ?Name=TesterMH?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=3?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Boris?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=?Game=MH_SHDWS_F.MonsterHunt?Mutator=MH_SHDWS_F.FL_Mutator?Listen
ScriptLog: Mod PreCheck for crappy settings...
ScriptLog: MH_SHDWS_F checking for bullshit spam... ->> ThingFactory -  MH-Purgatorium.CreatureFactory0
ScriptLog: Excessive fabricating capacity adjusted - LOL for bad mapping - spam fixed succesfully :D
ScriptLog: MH_SHDWS_F checking for bullshit spam... ->> ThingFactory -  MH-Purgatorium.CreatureFactory1
ScriptLog: Excessive fabricating capacity adjusted - LOL for bad mapping - spam fixed succesfully :D
ScriptLog: MH_SHDWS_F checking for bullshit spam... ->> ThingFactory -  MH-Purgatorium.CreatureFactory2
ScriptLog: Checking dumb ideeas implemented in factories...
ScriptLog: Values checked ... Proceed to next step...
ScriptLog: Found blocker:  MH-Purgatorium.BlockMonsters0
ScriptLog: Unlocked. Good hunting, ladies!
ScriptLog: Finished executing PreCheck... Continuing...
ScriptLog: BaseMutator started Initialization...
ScriptLog: Difficulty is set to: 7
ScriptLog: Team word for monsters used is: no
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover0
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover3
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover4
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover6
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover10
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover11
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover12
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover1
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover2
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover5
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover7
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover16
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover15
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover17
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover19
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover20
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover21
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover22
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover23
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover13
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover14
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover29
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover Triggered Once With ReturnWhenEncroach >>  Mover8
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover8
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be turned back without to suffer a big damage >>  Mover26
ScriptLog: Movers were checked, will proceed to next step...
ScriptLog: BaseMutator ended Initialization...
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is MH-Purgatorium.MonsterBasePlus0
ScriptLog: Mutators MH_SHDWS_F.FL_Mutator
ScriptLog: Add mutator MH_SHDWS_F.FL_Mutator
ScriptLog: UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7001 successfully bound.
ScriptLog: DoUplink is not set.  Not connecting to Master Server.
ScriptLog: MH_SHDWS_F.MonsterHunt game-mod started root initialization procedures...
ScriptLog: MH-Purgatorium.NSMonsterEnd0 - new trigger for ending added succesfully
ScriptLog: MH2 Controller finished PostBeginPlay...
Init: Game engine initialized
Log: Startup time: 3.791951 seconds
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude0 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'KrallM'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude1 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'KrallM'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude2 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'KrallM'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude3 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'KrallM'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude4 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'KrallM'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude5 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude6 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude7 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude8 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude9 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude10 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude11 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude12 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude13 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude14 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude15 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude16 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude17 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude18 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude19 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude20 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-Purgatorium.IntroDude21 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
Log: Mercenary0 fell out of the world!
Log: ShockCore6 fell out of the world!
Log: ShockCore7 fell out of the world!
ScriptLog: A RazorJack was removed and replaced
Log: Closing by request
Log: appRequestExit(0)
Exit: Preparing to exit.
I'm interesed about latest lines (reversal readed):
- RazorJack is useless (even at DU - better find MonsterHunt.OLRazorJack in editor and use that one) you cannot see it in default MH as replacement, because of a bright mutator named MonsterBase called by MH503, UnrealI weaponry and UnrealShare weaponry cannot fire in Network play only forcing some errors and for this reason MH is replacing weaponry without Net Code except QuadShot and RazorJack;
- Some ammo fell ....;
- Poor Merc, he won't fight with me, too bad, he gone much before starting game;
- Those animations I cannot understand where did you find them because they seems to not exist;
- Yeah, this is an Anti-Bot map looking at movers;
- For factories, is unimportant, those settings are my personalized anti-spam options;
- Exist a BlockMonsters ? Booo ! Is gone.

I'll play a bit today without Bots because I want to see how is map played normally not in 2 minutes.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:56 pm

To Nelsona and Pots

- Sniperrifle is present in the map - next to the statue of the krall.
- The merc are removed
- About the falling ammo - sorry I did not notice that.
- Well the razor jack is just there for those who support the unreal weapons.(user-friendly)
- And the references 'mapped by Terraniux', well you know why I put those in my map :P

I am very confident that if I put enough love and energy in my work, even though my botpathing and movers strategy etc...might be a bit shitty... , players will like it. As long everyone sees that I really want to give players a great map, they will have one. :D

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Mercenary0 fell out of the world!
This is not removed for sure. Log is not lying ever, I found it anyway
Well the razor jack is just there for those who support the unreal weapons
Yeah, I'm sure you didn't understood what I mean. Every weapon from Coop or MH servers have replacements. Those old weapons are fake weapons. The true old weapons cannot fire ever in a server just forced. Why I need to spam repeating ? Ah, I got ideea, you don't understant what I mean (like many others, nvm). Is about a recoded weapon with an Old Mesh and Old sounds. Is a very good copy sometimes. But anybody Who have an Eye, can notice missing decals from local SP play versus On-Line MH with Explosion decals and even other small differences...

Better look why Razor won't be replaced, ripped from MonsterBase:

if ( Other.IsA('Razorjack') )
		{
			ReplaceWith(Other, "MonsterHunt.OLRajorjack");
			Return false;
		}
Looks like somebody typed OLRajorjack not OLRazorjack, you get ideea ?
Who support and what support ? I have in my mod the right code but not in replacements to ruin Skaarj. My replacements are different and are executed slowly to have the faster Skaarj code. Later, for avoiding throwing an old non-functional weapon I just destroy his weapon giving him desired replacement. He won't throw invisible craps now. This was a long time to look for solution. You think is worked just to be worked ? Start a server UnrealShare.CoopGame with a map using Old Stuff. Join to server, get a weapon and fire. OOPS ! Not works, right ? Nobody support ever OLD weapons because they don't have code for Network Play. What you all see are just replacements (sadly - not very well done - will talk about this subject in coding not here). You are a victim of counterfeiting :lol: .

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Dude, are you fed up or something?
What's the big deal with the razor jack? I just placed it there, wether it will be used or not.. idc, jeez lol. And I was pretty sure all mercs were removed,... don't split hairs...
Perhaps now can I say to you: Relax, man :mrgreen:

And btw: Yes, your English sucks, but who am I to decide that? :|

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:53 pm

The problem with the Razorjack is if you use the plain basic MH mod version 5.03, you simply won't have a Razorjack at all in your map, it will be missing. I just saw the ammo in there. As Nelsona explained, that's caused by a typo in the MH source code call for the Razorjack. Not even UTJMH v2.9 fixed that. My guess is the dU mod worked around that bug somehow.

I however think weapons like Razorjack and Stinger are totally useless in MH maps, I'd rather prefer having two Enforcers.

About the rifle, my bad, I didn't notice it. Thanks for the tip.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:08 am

Terraniux wrote: Perhaps now can I say to you: Relax, man :mrgreen:

And btw: Yes, your English sucks, but who am I to decide that? :|
1) I'm relaxed for a good reason: Is not my map. I added a feedback about how is handling a server this map. I posted small flaws and you seems to be disturbed. Allright, I don't need to reply feedback at news.

2) Even with a sucks english, oops, wrong, I have very sucks english, I can code things without any trouble because UT99's engine no need grammar :lol: and is usefull to understand how runs a code before to compile it, yeah. I found other maps done by others which seems to be guided in mapping and even in coding by grammar adding useless stuff (poor guys), is not your case, but I prefer my english as it is.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:27 am

I posted small flaws and you seems to be disturbed
ME disturbed?
For all you have posted in this topic, I am nothing but thankful. All comments and criticism will help me and others. Mistakes must be maked in order to know what an other thinks is wrong and must be improved. And I think the problem on your side is your communication, that I misinterpretate the wrongs ideas of what you are actually telling. And u said:
, you don't understant what I mean (like many others, nvm).
Well we DO mind. I am not asking you to get back to school and do english class over again. Just try to explain what's on your mind in a different way next time. If you won't do it for me then do it for real important guys here; Hermskii,Hook & Evilgrins
*I need a break again, hate to say negative things in a safe haven*

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:13 am

1) The part with understanding is about old stuff stucked in servers not other things - good, I won't post any observation from now on;
2) Thank you but I didn't loved my english teacher so much And I won't waste time for something like an english unhandled even by other coders english speakers by default;:

a IceSkaarj killed a IceSkaarj
I guess this sounds awsome, right ?

Could be ?:

An IceSkaarj killed an IceSkaarj.
3) If anybody is disturbed by my topics and not about the grammar of these programmers then I won't say nothing, admins are free to fix any post, of course I can keep silence as well about what I'm working or what I see and everybody are going to be happy. Even I'm agree to be banned for bad english.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:48 pm

It is not that bad, but it causes miscommunications. And I am sure we both like to avoid that or don't you? U showed me the faults at my mapping, now I'll show you the hard facts why your post aren't understood as you hoped to be. Seems like a fair deal to me.
All right, let's forget what happened, and try post things in a slight different way from now on. Which will end up in a win-win situation. :wink:

Agreed?