MH-Purgatorium

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Nelsona

Re: MH-Purgatorium

Post by Nelsona » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Agreed by default. But today I worked at something which triggered me for a long time.

Porting an Assault map to MH with normal mission objectives. Shoot target when is necessary and touch target if this is the purpose. MH by default don't have A.I. instructed to shoot objectives, but I found a way to slap a copy of Assault not like that messed Mazon fixed and refixed - I've done other one (shoot 2 chains, open main gates, open reactor room, destroy crystal), I looked at Bots finishing mission in my version and in default MH version (a bit anoying but worked). How about the ideea to shoot a target and this even done by Bots ? I have a solution, maybe you have other one more enhanced. If you don't mind please share your ideea.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:09 am

Well I do have an idea, but it might cost some serious time to work out.
By using distanceviewtriggers and make a custom subclass of a brush that indentifies itself as a pawn. Let the bots follow the pathnodes - they trigger someting, their pov is rotated to a certain point, and they will shoot at it ( for example a door that needs 100 points of hitdamage.) Because I am not sure if fortstandards work in MH, to use teamtriggers too.
That is the only idea I have now, but perhaps after some brainstorming in the editor I come up with more ideas.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:44 am

Um, I don't like heavy things, I did this more simple placing a small tentacle (it won't move) with DrawType DT_None (no mesh), no carcass, no fire, no sound. Bot will definitely hunt a monster :wink: . This one will trigger objective like FortStandard from Assault (FortStandard is missing from MH, removed by GameInfo and won't be hunted anyway and is missing declaration for MH (like some tentacles from other MH mods, but I'm not worried, I have everybody in my party speaking about monsters)). I already have MH_Mazon re-ported and looks like an original Assault. Of course, I set up some guards near crystal patrolling in area by default.