map edits o' mine

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

map edits o' mine

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:56 am

After a recent request to make (who am I kidding? I edited) a map for a redeemer arena deathmatch. I edited 3 instead of just the 1 and they were all well received. So this time I thought I'd do another and I was sent a map to edit this time around, which I'll get to eventually, but I had a better map in mind.

What is good for a map to play a redeemer match on? You need a LOT OF ROOM to move. Contrary to what you may think, there's not a lot of really HUGE deathmatch maps to edit. However, there's a bucketload of HUGE capture the flag maps...

...and why not my favorite one, in CTF4?

Yeah, I'm still editing it.

CTFM-HallOfGiantsII, now DM-HallOfGiantsIV, is easily the largest of the HallOfGiants maps. It's got player areas on the ground, near the very high ceiling for each team's base, and a center platform which I've currently occupied. I figure why not go the extra bit then just make a map when I can slap some tough monsters on it as well, that can each survive multiple redeemer hits.

I went with Warlords because they do well in a low gravity environment and fighting a flying combatant with so much room for them to maneuver is a better fight in my book. I took one of the skins I grabbed from ut2004 to put on them...

...although that's only good while they're still flapping.
For some odd reason they turn back to normal after they die.

Still trying to figure out why.

Other than that though, even with just the 4 of them, I've made them a fair fight for even a redeemer match as they're not using standard Warlord ammo.

Still a work in progress.