2 new CTF maps I stumbled across recently

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

2 new CTF maps I stumbled across recently

Post by EvilGrins » Thu May 23, 2013 10:55 am

Seems a lot of the time not much of UT is being discussed in this forum anymore, so maybe sharing more of what I find out there will help get that going again.

CTF-PryXon:
http://www.globalunreal.com/forums/view ... f=26&t=947

CTF-FNB-UnrealGateways:
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4811

Nelsona

Re: 2 new CTF maps I stumbled across recently

Post by Nelsona » Thu May 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Looking for authors - RESPECT for the second map.

Bot pathing tutorial for the first - normally until a player will join for a CTF match in a server, is good to see some bots playing with you - this time you have to assist at idiotic bot behavior (like in other maps) because we have mappers with avatars not interested to complete a map, so vote other map until a human will join in party - My 2 cents.

Good ideea, EG, I have to retest my skills in pathing for personal fun. Of course I'll test pathing too using my Bot skills.

This link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gtd6iw
not works for me because I updated my Hosts file to avoid web-sites with spam and craps.
Thanks for link but I won't remove restriction to that web-site since is black-listed by IT technicians...

Code: Select all

127.0.0.1	sendoutmail.com
127.0.0.1	sendptp.com
127.0.0.1	sendspace.com //la, la, la, hurray
127.0.0.1	sendsurf.com
127.0.0.1	sendtofriend.abcnews.go.com
127.0.0.1	sengtrucking.com
127.0.0.1	seniordruggist.com

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu May 23, 2013 11:16 pm

The sendspace tends to mess with people. Everyone tried the top download link, which is a spammy advert for something. It's the lower link that has the file.

I'll see if I can attach it to this post directly.
Nelsona wrote:Looking for authors - RESPECT for the second map.
FraGnBraG is big into credit, it's a thing with him that I do respect and by his example I've tried to live to the same code.

Although, I tend to edit stuff without permission I constantly try to track down who made the thing anyway. I edited skin off bases Chris Ollis did years before, and only managed to track him down 7 years after the fact. He was very cool about it and gave me permission.

Still trying to track down the guy that made the original HallOfGiants. I know who he is, he's got an official profile on one of the Liandri wikis, but I can't find a current email address...

...but I digress.

Let me know if you can get bot pathing going on that map. It's cool on its own but as I often play with bots, pathing is beneficial.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri May 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Well EG, I think I have something... technical details in BotPathing topic, I did not checked well that 1st map first time (more after pathing it), but I slaped some paths as I considered to randomize attack from both teams, for the moment, related to copyright terms until you will get permissions to finish this unfinished work I can give you map in private if you wanna toy a bit with it, even you can try different things. I tested A.I. and works prety good, I'm surprised also to not see any health in map, just a shield on top and nothing for healing hunters. I added 4 medboxes for each team - respaw a bit faster then default time to have a good fight. Geometry is good, map runs smoother. DefencePoints are 5 pieces for each team (should be enough).
Continuing in BotPathing...

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri May 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Given the setup of the map and the tight quarters, I got the sense teamwork was essential. You don't need health if you're not gonna live that long.

The map is setup for rapid assaults to either base and rapid escapes. Often seems most in CTF spend more time fighting than doing what the game is intended for; capturing the flag and getting the Hell outta dodge and back to your base with it.