New map finished: MH-Blue-Atrium

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Terraniux

New map finished: MH-Blue-Atrium

Post by Terraniux » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:41 am

The other project which said to be my last is put on hold, because I found new inspiration to release propably more maps.
I have trown away enough, unfinished projects. But I want to release this one for sure.

This is map is designed for when there is practially an almost empty server, and for the player to rather play a short and clean map, rather spending hours to finish the current big maps present and leave server eventually cause of an iritated mood.
Usually I make maps from medium to large size scaled maps, but this one is actually pretty short, but give players a good time playing monsterhunt as any other map.

Project name: MH-Blue-Atrium
Version: beta
Size: Small
Players: 1-4
Theme: Castellar / Medieval, in modern colors.
Screenshots:
Image Image

Download:

Code: Select all

http://crystalunreal.com/Downloads/MH-Blue-Atrium[beta].rar

Terraniux

I, hermskii, have added this next update to this post based on a request from the author. please continue reading!

Version: Main / General

Fixlist:
- Skaarj placement adjusted
- Ammo is now respawning instantly and isn't hidden anymore.
- Players can't get on top by using translocator.
- Added a couple of monsters, on certain locations.
- Fixed the weird collision issue and the strange shadow as well.
- All movers are bot proof, all bUseTriggered options are false.
- Added a few more rooftops.

Download (updated):
Code:
http://crystalunreal.com/Downloads/MH-B ... [main].rar

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: New map finished: MH-Blue-Atrium

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:10 pm

It's pretty!

You do know that if you hadn't made the code box and just copied the link into the post we could click on it to download it, rather than cut & paste it into the URL feed, right?

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:24 pm

EvilGrins wrote:It's pretty!

You do know that if you hadn't made the code box and just copied the link into the post we could click on it to download it, rather than cut & paste it into the URL feed, right?
Yes I tried that, but the bb code doesnt like the ' [ ] ' characters, cause the system thinks it is an atribute/bb code thing.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Well, poop.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:09 am

Okay, played it and loved it.
Map has great bot pathing, which I loved, though the specific on that pathing suggests a specific order of when to go where. Like killing off the Brutes in that one area, including the hidden Behemoth, the bots leave the area and rush over to where the Mercs are rather than deal with the suddenly opened passage and the underground Skaarj... which you have to come back to anyway for the that underground swim after you get the toxin suit.

Random, did you do something so that boss monsters bodies went away faster? I saw a Titan killed and then his body was gone in the blink of an eye. The boss Krall died and it's body sank into the floor. Kind of a theme.

Didn't need much backup, probably could've done it with just 1 bot, I love me some bots. And it didn't hurt that this lil' number was always somewhere in the map:
All part of my usual MH setup.

One other lil' thing:
In a couple plays I never got to kill the Titan due to that. Berserkers are powerful, personally I might've gone the route, as I have on some maps, of taking away their energy attack. Make them have to chase people down to kill them...

...you also had a common issue with too many Berserkers in an enclosed space. Don't have a screenshot handy but they tend to lock up and distort in close proximity to each other. No idea why, seen it happen on a few maps with a few Berserkers in a small area.

Great map though!

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:37 am

Don't mean to bog down responses but I wanted to show that Berserker thing so I popped back into the game. Basically it's this:

And as I've said, I've seen this sorta thing before so it's not just your map:
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrin ... iginal.png
The Berserkers distort when there's too many of them really close together, always locked in that same running position... frozen that way they just slide around.

Other random things:

I have no idea what this switch does:
Nothing changed after I flipped it, though it did make noise.

For the life of me I can't figure out what's causing that shadow:

Last lil' thing, there's no screenshot in the selection menu for this map. It's not a requirement but it's nice, even better if you go for an animated display of key points on the map.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:43 am

My turn.

Map is cute, even we fought well...
Atrium1.jpg
These placements aren't so well, a faster respawntime might be better than spamming pickups.
Atrium2.jpg
In end, all "people" were happy to fight well...
Atrium3.jpg
And map seems OK. Congratulations ! Log is only mine :mrgreen: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:44 pm

I thank the both of you ( Evilgrins and Nelsona) very much, for your feedback!

To Evilgrins:

- I have no idea why the bosses dissapear into the ground. There is nothing I changed to the 'bodies stay' values. Maybe the last full rebuild didn't went well, and the grounds have a collision error or something of that kind. It may also explain the weird shadow, which I didn't notice untill you showed me. I'll go check it out.

- The skaarj problem. I will rebuild the last area. And make the space between each pawn bigger. This is exactly the same in Purgatorium, where you can pickup the rocket launcher.

- The lever should trigger the doors on the east side, but maybe the trigger isn't properly configured.

- Yes, the screenshot was intented to be part of my final version. I too, find this always very pleasing when I download other maps.

---------------

To Nelsona:

- The ammo in this map is hidden, for the purpose that bots wouldn't take it all away in front of your face. The ammo is hidden behind the graves too, in the very first boss room.
But yes, I guess I can change it.

---------------
I'll make good use of the points you all mentioned here, and release a good working Final version!
Thanks again, both of you!

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Terraniux wrote: - The lever should trigger the doors on the east side, but maybe the trigger isn't properly configured.
Is properly configured... Just the reality: Bots are using GRAB as usual. Better stop using it and let things to work normally.

Log:

ScriptLog: BaseMutator started Initialization...
ScriptLog: Difficulty is set to: 4
ScriptLog: Team word for monsters used is: no
ScriptLog: Scanning for any PatrolPoint...
ScriptLog: Information: This map does not use any PatrolPoint.
ScriptLog: Checking other dumb ideeas implemented in factories...
ScriptLog: Values checked ... Proceed to next step...
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover0
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be turned back without to suffer a big damage >>  Mover0
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover1
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be turned back without to suffer a big damage >>  Mover1
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover Triggered Once With ReturnWhenEncroach >>  Mover2
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover2
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover Triggered Once With ReturnWhenEncroach >>  Mover3
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover3
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover Triggered Once With ReturnWhenEncroach >>  Mover4
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover4
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover Triggered Once With ReturnWhenEncroach >>  Mover5
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover5
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be turned back without to suffer a big damage >>  Mover6
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover Triggered Once With ReturnWhenEncroach >>  Mover7
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover7
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be turned back without to suffer a big damage >>  Mover8
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover Triggered Once With ReturnWhenEncroach >>  Mover9
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover9
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover Triggered Once With ReturnWhenEncroach >>  Mover12
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover12
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover Triggered Once With ReturnWhenEncroach >>  Mover13
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover13
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be turned back without to suffer a big damage >>  Mover14
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be turned back without to suffer a big damage >>  Mover15
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover Triggered Once With ReturnWhenEncroach >>  Mover10
ScriptLog: Detected & Resolved a Mover to not be cheated by GRAB command >>  Mover10
ScriptLog: Movers were checked, will proceed to next step...
ScriptLog: Pawn Notify Initialized
ScriptLog: BaseMutator ended Initialization...
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is MH-Blue-Atrium.MonsterBasePlus0

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:13 pm

There's another way around that. Switch the Berserkers to SkaarjLords.

More screenshots:
viewtopic.php?p=40136#p40136

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Terraniux wrote:- The lever should trigger the doors on the east side, but maybe the trigger isn't properly configured.
Actually, on relfection, it occured to me that since I play with bots one of them might've reached that lever before me.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:20 am

EvilGrins wrote: Terraniux wrote:
- The lever should trigger the doors on the east side, but maybe the trigger isn't properly configured.

Actually, on relfection, it occured to me that since I play with bots one of them might've reached that lever before me.
Want the same story again ? Do not load Bots, just go to Right side door, stay touched with it and input GRAB in console. Oops ? No pressed button ? Buton is pointless if mover can be unlocked locally.

In case you failed Mover Tutorials, bUseTriggered = GRAB is not the same as TriggerOpenTimed, which has nothing to do with previous mentioned boolean value, I'm restoring that to False in Mutator, Bots are always cheating doors.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Nelsona wrote:Want the same story again ? Do not load Bots
What're you, high? I have to load bots. They're organized, they've got a union.

I COULD BE SUED!

Random grab from the Facebook UT99 group:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Again, I will wait until the bugs are done and then it will be time for MHM's first new map in FOREVER!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Since I can't edit the topic, but I can edit posts, I'll post it here.
@ Hermskii: Could you edit the topic (first post)for me with the updated info beneath?
---
Version: Main / General

Fixlist:
- Skaarj placement adjusted
- Ammo is now respawning instantly and isn't hidden anymore.
- Players can't get on top by using translocator.
- Added a couple of monsters, on certain locations.
- Fixed the weird collision issue and the strange shadow as well.
- All movers are bot proof, all bUseTriggered options are false.
- Added a few more rooftops.

Download (updated):

http://crystalunreal.com/Downloads/MH-Blue-Atrium[main].rar