A MH work in progress

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

A MH work in progress

Post by Nelsona » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:02 pm

After a debate toward decorations dropping out monsters, I was able to do something. But... because I made a good deal, I think it's time for a sort of map.
Progress_00.png
I don't think this map will have a single monster inside, they can spawn after game-start.
We have these items containing... MONSTERS. One of item will be The ONE unlocking "spirits" and door (future door).
You have to guess which item is The Key. You'll say that everyone will know this item after playing map 2 times. Actually this is False. Decoration Key is... RANDOMIZED - not the same box/barrel will open next path in more game sessions they can react different for not being the same thing over and over again. However, by guessing or not the right thing, monster from inside is about to show up shortly - depending on spawning instances. Do not imagine a pupae spawning here with known 65/95 health, that's for hunters with no skills. Exist also a more cute Factory using an own spawnpoint type for letting paths more cleaner - default SpawnPoint is a NavigationPoint creating useless borks in Level. These are a bit optimized for MH and they do have some "mapping options". Monster in decoration can have a scaling multiplier. Monster from such a new Factory has a MINHEALTH configurable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: A MH work in progress

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:33 am

Can't wait to test it.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:13 am

Mapping keeps going... slow. Daughter is coming always when I'm working and testing (she likes crystals) these things and slows me down a bit. Is not a rush but... seriously, I have to finish this in a decent time.

Probably last 2 levels are... a little more difficult than usual. This map has BOT SUPPORT. If you don't do mission - shooting barrels/boxes, Bot will do that randomly until next stage opens and then is no longer interested about shooting anything else than enemy (spawned or not). So to speak Bot will manage hunting in such map as radomized as it is.

Else I need more inspiration about stuff that has to be found here - last thing is to add some monsters from other package because their code is stripped :x . Such a monster bugs things ugly when I want to compile future news in Editor directly because Editor will attempt to compile null borks with no code - as a reply, maybe I will not use them as long as that trooper type code is just moved having NO FIX - yeah geniuses, you have done NOTHING useful.

So far I have these zones:
Progress_01.jpg
Progress_02.jpg
Progress_03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:58 pm

Mapping keeps going... slow. Daughter is coming always when I'm working and testing (she likes crystals) these things and slows me down a bit. Is not a rush but... seriously, I have to finish this in a decent time.
Hey nice, keep it up. I know how much time MonsterHunt consumes. Nice that she is liking crystal. Makes me a little bit less weirdo, with my obsession in the game with them. haha.

Keep up the good work.

By the way: I'm quite the fast mapper, I can build you areas you can do your projects in, in no-time. Ask me whenever you need something, since you helped me often as well :wink:

I'm also working on a new MH map!!!! Hint: UT99 comp ...... ;) sshhhh....

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:40 am

The question is if here should be a Skaarj operating this machine (moving mouse, keyboard audible clicks and keys) or it's just doesn't worth effort. These are going to be placed on some desk/table... and then when player is coming machine is supposed to do a blue screen making Skaarj annoyed and pushing it to attack hunters, but it's a complex setup with less appreciations.
Progress_04.JPG
Probably I have to do things simple to not awake evil spirits... Too many details are not healthy.

For other dudes interested, this can be prefab brush ( but not bugged and miss-aligned containing textures for importing - not like other "great" shares ).

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 am

If the setup with Skaarj in not that needed I was interested to do other stuff. Fire burning on some small candle looks too... dead. A bit of effect is probably better than a static light - here of course will be net stuff as well else is useless to have effect only OFF-Line.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:57 pm

The rest of room here needs some love at design or not that much... eh...
LD_XP.jpg
Probably a more I.T. like room ambience might be suitable, but barrels are not matching the action in this place...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:30 pm

Bumping...
Speaking triggers are working properly - the dude "hunter" stepping on a new ground will say what he/she is noticing, randomly doesn't matter if is Bot or Player - these are a sort of "in map explanations" given by player itself. Next versions in next maps probably are going to be "Dispatcher" types explaining objectives using a "Player" and not those MonsterEvent which I'm getting tired of using. One single actor is a speed helper at iterators rather than five pieces or more which are increasing the map load for a lousy purpose.
Triggering chain for ending map seems ready and operational. Remaining:
- full pathing;
- threats completion;
- setting up a great music - blank, lol;
- little obstructions are required else Bot might go retarded at items - as I said Bot Support should work well else I'll kick myself;
- full ON-Line testing - will all server specific stuff and XCGE.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:40 am

Will have a small delay around setting up full testing, today wife will renew Internet contract so I have to check things first - server related stuff, because some equipment will be changed.

Nelsona

A MH work done ?

Post by Nelsona » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:16 am

I think I've been testing it enough, my Internet is back and operational (those techs are off topic) so I've uploaded this Level to my GDrive located shortly here, a tiny document it's also included, except instructions where to put map (seriously, is 2017).

medor

Post by medor » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:55 pm

:D

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:23 pm

As I understand from that smile probably you will be agree if I will upload all my MH mapping works there...
At least all that MH story will have all components there - Except Sk-Godz which is probably without any story or... I will create the story post mapping as an episode about what was happening after stopping cargo train.

medor

Post by medor » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:38 am

You ave a place for that no ?
http://sektornelsona.ml/

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:39 am

Map was posted in link above not in ML. I'm speaking about GDrive mentioned above.

Edit: G00gl3 Dr1v3 folder (existent also in my signature for the moment) is containing now other maps by me (except demo types) not only MonsterHunt. Here is my work in mapping from a total noob stage until... nowadays, more exactly advanced noob.
Some of these maps are just a reply toward using semisolids as being a nasty thing - indeed there are a couple of problems but... I went to do some maps without any single solid brush - just to prove what is doable with no major issues (presuming you can find some - or not).
Map number 10 (BattlingLottery) which I did (for game-play not demo) is the only one that supports rebuilding on 8 grid with default sliders and doesn't have issues. The only problem comes at modifications in paths because paths there are being a bit "loved" so low skilled noobs will fail at trying to "fix" things here (majority doesn't even know what does it need Bot in MH, CTF) - actually I don't see what does it need to be fixed and where will go any supposed fixes. But anyone willing to do improvements and/or adds is welcomed. UT is being coded in sharing style after all...
Majority of MH maps (and even others) have... MyLevel-ed actors for different purposes.
In future Perhaps I'll drop here some failed ported maps (stock ones) but modified by myself on purpose to gain Bot Support and/or a more closer to original game-play (AS specific things) - using MyLevel actors as well.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:32 am

EvilGrins wrote:Can't wait to test it.
Are you still waiting ? Map is ready for more than 3 days long. Nvm, it was checked by me in a public-like environment and... it works flawless. Perhaps end is a bit heavy but I did not see issues...

All right, I'm gonna think at another one - stage 1 = thinking at some theme... in hoping to get some new idea for Mr. MyLevel else it will cry harder....