MH-SpecialGuests

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Gregwards
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: here......or maybe over there.........no here is good

Post by Gregwards » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:11 pm

looks like it is coming on well. cant wait till the beta is done and we can test. please give abit of notice so i can have enough time to know when it is.

also did you keep the portal gun in it? it was a good idea in my opinion if you make it a seperate from the rest of the map but if you do manage to complete the bt bit with the portal gun what happens next? do you have to die or do you keep the gun?

K
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by K » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:24 pm

The map has 4 paths. Three are MH paths. They are all most completed.
The 4th path is going to be BT/with a portal gun. A special course only navigational with the portal gun. Once you reach the end you will unlock a special weapon for the end boss conflict.
I haven't decided weather you can bring the portal gun with you out of the BT section yet. I have not even started building the BT section yet. I had something made but i deleted it all.
I want to get the MH sections finished completely and tested,
Then i will build the portal/BT section.

It is coming along though. I am getting real close to a test night.
Probably looking at some time next week if my schedule allows. :P

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:17 am

DELETED

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: MH-SpecialGuests

Post by Hermskii » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:28 am

I don't have time to read 6 pages. What happened here? Did it finish? Did anybody get it before K took her the longest vacation ever? Did this turn into her mega map that I never got?
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Can't believe nobody got a copy of K's beta map saved somewhere. The map was pretty big and overall good even if unfinished, but I think she gave up because of some UnrealEd technical problems.

When I can't find a particular map, skin, etc. I use redirects as my last resort, I mean you can decompress the file and get the original. The map was named something like MH-BETA... C'mon K was using some sort of redirect for her MHM2 server the UZ file must be laying somewhere... :(
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Some map projects are like children to the mapper. You should get K's ok to do anything to this. I spoke to her several times and this was a project she was invested in. If you can't ping her, or she says "nah", you should let this one go.

If she says ok, I'm sure I could probably find it.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 pm

If she says OK, I have it all actually. She has replied to me in thr esemi recent past just to let me know she is ok and doing what she wants of her own free-will which I certainly respect. Somebody tell me what it is called and I'll tell you for sure if I have it still which I do I bet now that I think about it. I gave K the high speed download space she wanted. I never nuked it. I likely never will just in case...

The same is true of several other people who I support. I would never touch the stuff they have and never have and I do it out of the hope they'll be back but in the end, BUT I reserve the right to dig around for the greater good I think and if anyone here that I supported really knew what we were all about here, they would be thrilled that we are digging through the work they never finished or gave out in order to bring closure to it especially if they knew we took it and ran with it like Shrimp looking at all of us and what we did with Monster Hunt several years after he had walked away and thought it was a dead project. Look at us now Shrimp / K. You know you are welcome back whenever!
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 am

I understand what you mean, but you are kind of implying that if you offer a download you assume some ownership of the files you are redirecting. I'm not sure that is something I'd want to lead people to think. K spent a huge amount of time on that map, it's very good, but no one should even touch it without her giving a big thumbs-up. It's really hurt from time-to-time when people have said "no" to my requests for permissions, but you have to abide by that Herm. I know the whole open-source argument is applicable, but mapping projects can include many man-hours of work and be a very personal project.

You know MH-IndianaJones? I contacted the mapper and he was glad to give me permissions to do some alterations on it, but he posted to me at length about how it hurt him that someone monsterized it without asking him. He only wanted a little input on how to do it, as he had certain ideas of how the map should flow. He had spent a lot of hours crafting the temple face and that map was his baby. You got to respect that.

Shrimp and monsterhunt don't really count though. He gave permissions in his readme to extend his code. Not to mention I asked him directly.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:59 am

You are right and I was not going to touch it untiul I reached her. I know I can reach her too so I'm not concerned. I think she say ok to somebody closing it out for her or maybe she'll say no. We'll see. I have never gone into her files before with out her saying it was cool first.
~Peace~

Hermskii