{HOH~CUTS} Change Log

Post all {HOHCUTS} related content here!
Dr.Flay
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: {HOH~CUTS} Change Log

Post by Dr.Flay » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:39 am

The Arena maps work as DM, but you are supposed to match your choice of arena mutator (similar to most instagib games).
If you play them without a mutator, you just start with the server default weapon, and whatever has been mapped-in.

I have actually not even used the arena mutators anyway, so my opinion is based on playing the maps as straight Chaos death match :mrgreen:
I recommend you have a 1-on-1 DM with yer rug-rat, in CUTA-Cerebro and Pillar.
and try DM-CUT_Jailbreak with maybe 3 or 4 bots.
Play them with your current setup. No changes or mods necessary :mrgreen:
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Just been looking at the differences in the ChaosUT.int files
GOTY

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=ChaosUT.ChaosUTMutators,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="ChaosUT GOTYE Mutator, Use this mutator for Chaotic UT fun :)")
Object=(Name=ChaosUT.ChaosUTModMenuItem,Class=Class, MetaClass=UMenu.UMenuModMenuItem, Description="ChaosUT Config,Configure ChaosUT")
Full 1.1

[Public]
Object=(Name=ChaosUTMiscMuts.SwordMelee,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="ChaosUT - Sword Melee,Everyone's Melee weapon is a ChaosUT B*stard Sword");
Object=(Name=ChaosUTMiscMuts.grappleonly,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="ChaosUT - Grapple Only, All players will have the CUT Grapple item in their inventory");
Object=(Name=ChaosUTMiscMuts.NoHealth,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="ChaosUT - NoHealth,All health items (healthvial, superhealth, medbox) are removed");
Object=(Name=ChaosUTMiscMuts.ChaosUTMutatorArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="ChaosUT Arena Mutator,All weapons and ammo are replaced with the ones that are selected in the ChaosUT Config Setup under Arena Mutator Selection.");
Whichever you have, I recommend adding

Preferences=(Caption="Mutators",Parent="Advanced Options")
Preferences=(Caption="ChaosUT",Parent="Mutators",Class=ChaosUT.ChaosUTMutators,Immediate=True)
You should then be able to change the Chaos settings without a reset.
CUTconfig.png
The setting bReplaceUTWeapons=False is set to cycle the weapons

Also I notice in the GOTY version, there are only 2 ChaosUTMedia*.u files, but in my new full install there are 5.
These u packs contain the newer weapons etc. but I did not notice there was that many extra files before.
I'll have to sift through them and grab pictures of the content so mappers have an easy list of what extras they can play with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:14 am

Yep, we're going to have to work closely and carefully to get the servers updated without breaking them. At this point I have to admit that my biggest concern will be file mismatch errors with all of thes updates.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:57 am

Your Chaos is already up to date, and the Xpickups/Chaos fix is just a mutator, and you can edit your int without a problem.
:mrgreen: No mismatch issues there.

The install you used for Xpickups is possibly the first release of the map pack.
So there is already a mismatch error :P
Strictly speaking there has been a mismatch error since the first fix in 2009.
People should not be encouraged to install the original slower and buggy Xpickups.
Anyone now looking for the map pack, finds the final 1.3 version since the old links are dead.
You should host the same version that is available to the public, or no-one can make use of the available download from the official site.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:09 am

Agreed. And on my website I need to make a page for Chaos as I have one already for Cg and MHM. It must explain the mod and then offer a link to every single file needed to connect and play. Sounds easy but don't worry. i'll find a way to make it hard and time consuming as hell like I do to all things UT. LOL
~Peace~

Hermskii