Disatisfied right now!

Post all {HOHCUTS} related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Disatisfied right now!

Post by Hermskii » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:06 pm

So, I have the main mod working and all but I'm running up against a whole lot of little issues I don't recall fighting before. A main one is the redirect file-names being different than the files that CAME IN THE UMOD! Crazy. The map calls for a different version of the file that comes in the UMOD. This is sloppy-sloppy work by the makers of this UMOD. I didn't use the UMOD but I extracted everything from it so I could see what I'm dealing with. I put it in the exact place where the UMOD would have placed the files. Right out of the box, I have found many-many little file issues. I forgot how much I hate cleaning up bad UMODS.

It drives me nuts how much I'm having to modify things to make them work not to mention the things I have not worked on yet that aren't working to my level of satisfaction. The last part of my complaints which holds hands with the first part is the maps that came with this mod. While they look good, they are way too small and they don't properly handle weapon REPLACEMENT properly. I have already resorted to switching back to standard UT maps just to avoid the file-mismatch issues and to better ensure weapon REPLACEMENT works better. Otherwise, we'd all be running around with nothing but swords and pistols.

I'm off for several days and have my wifes approval of me getting after this server and the other ones I still plan on building. Sorry for the delay on getting this out of the gate right. Hang in there! I know I will!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Disatisfied right now!

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Its all good Herm! Take your time and get it the way you like it. That way we all know its a "Quality Hermskii Approved Server"

Ive run into UMOD issues before like you say and I know how you feel.
Keep up the good work! 8)
--- END OF LINE ---